Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   2042 views

Description

I know this has been discussed probably a million times... But if you could pick just one, what you picking?

My current builds

Lightning sorc
Javazon
Hammerdin
Gold/MF find Barb (I just follow Chaos runs doing
Find Item
)

I really want the Infinity but Enigma sounds nice too.

This kinda decides for me but I'm leaning towards Infinity because I think farming will be faster and then can make Enigma later on..

I've been thinking about using hero editor to see what it would be like with Infinity but not sure if I'll do that since it takes a bit of time to get all the matching pieces.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I know this has been discussed probably a million times... But if you could pick just one, what you picking?

My current builds

Lightning sorc
Javazon
Hammerdin
Gold/MF find Barb (I just follow Chaos runs doing
Find Item
)

I really want the Infinity but Enigma sounds nice too.

This kinda decides for me but I'm leaning towards Infinity because I think farming will be faster and then can make Enigma later on..

I've been thinking about using hero editor to see what it would be like with Infinity but not sure if I'll do that since it takes a bit of time to get all the matching pieces.
You are split 50/50. Your hammerdin and Barb will benefit massively from Enigma, with all the str boost and mf.

On the other hand, your Light sorc and Javazon will benefit a crap ton from Infinity.

Which char do you play the most?

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
If you play your sorc more, then Infinity because you wouldn't use a Enigma on her. For anything else Enigma.

Infinity is a huge damage buff and QoL for lightning sorc, lets you kill lightning immunes.
OP
After reading that I think my best option would be to use hero editor. I'm still torn. One member said the javazon kinda struggles because the Merc needs to catch up for the aura.. I really am looking for a cow killer since I can just leech Chaos runs.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
I do play a javazon, still don't have Enigma nor Infinity. It slows you down a bit but I can clear cows in 6-7 minutes and don't have problems with
Baal
runs, Countess or Pit runs. If there's lightning immunes only
Jab
them with the help of your merc. If there's lightning and physical immunes, just leave them be.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
OP
Okay So I built a char in hero editor. I rolled the runewords so its as close to what it will be like in real situation.

I am currently trying the Infinity. I'm using crescent with my merc using the Infinity.

Im getting - Enemy lightning res -56%
and a bonus of +439% lightning damage.

Do I just multiply my damage by that to figure out how much damage I'm doing? as for the negative res I imagine thats a little more tricky since it varies from each monster? It's neat having the storm casters lose their lightning res...

I messed up in editor so im running thru act4 and 5 to unlock cows since that's where ill be most likely using this setup.

EDIT: Okay also since using this.... I don't know what all the hype is about xD and I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm probably not BIS all the way... But its still taking awhile to clear. I had alot more fun with hammerdin tbh. I just beat
Baal
so Ill go try cows.

Maybe I'm being picky or something.. but when I remove the Infinity from the merc I barely notice a difference. And think my javazon is faster. The sorc is better with smaller crowds but idk.
Lumbridge wrote: 2 years ago
Okay So I built a char in hero editor. I rolled the runewords so its as close to what it will be like in real situation.

I am currently trying the Infinity. I'm using crescent with my merc using the Infinity.

Do I just multiply my damage by that to figure out how much damage I'm doing? as for the negative res I imagine thats a little more tricky since it varies from each monster? It's neat having the storm casters lose their lightning res...

I messed up in editor so im running thru act4 and 5 to unlock cows since that's where ill be most likely using this setup.

EDIT: Okay also since using this.... I don't know what all the hype is about xD and I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm probably not BIS all the way... But its still taking awhile to clear. I had alot more fun with hammerdin tbh. I just beat
Baal
so Ill go try cows.
Use maxroll.gg, the diablo 2 character builder, and you can compare your damage with different builds, different gear, and against different enemies. For example, here's a
Tal Rasha
's lightning sorc

https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/sr0106y1

Click on the "Calculations" tab, and you can see the computed DPS. You can scroll the bottom of the Calculations tab to change what monster the damage is being calculated against.

Baal
so Ill go try cows.

Maybe I'm being picky or something.. but when I remove the Infinity from the merc I barely notice a difference. And think my javazon is faster. The sorc is better with smaller crowds but idk.
The bonus to lightning damage provided by Infinity only applies to your character if you equip it yourself. Equipping it on your mercenary doesn't affect you. Equipping it on your mercenary is helpful because of the
Conviction
aura it provides.

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.
I did the same thing on hero editor a while back - got myself an Enigma and an Infinity to play with them and see which I would prefer to build. And I had the same experience you had, I felt that they were both a little underwhelming. Infinity on my low 70’s lite sorc did not immediately turn the character into a killing machine. Enigma allowed my crappy characters to more quickly
Teleport
into danger and die. The reason for that is that the rest of my gear was not on par with those items. The damage increase on Infinity is enormous for a character that has good gear and a high damage output, and the mobility improvement on Enigma is insane on a character that can otherwise handle themselves.

Both of these items are extremely powerful capstones for characters that have mostly really good to GG gear, but won’t make a character OP just by themselves.
Boogan wrote: 2 years ago
I did the same thing on hero editor a while back - got myself an Enigma and an Infinity to play with them and see which I would prefer to build. And I had the same experience you had, I felt that they were both a little underwhelming. Infinity on my low 70’s lite sorc did not immediately turn the character into a killing machine. Enigma allowed my crappy characters to more quickly
Teleport
into danger and die. The reason for that is that the rest of my gear was not on par with those items. The damage increase on Infinity is enormous for a character that has good gear and a high damage output, and the mobility improvement on Enigma is insane on a character that can otherwise handle themselves.

Both of these items are extremely powerful capstones for characters that have mostly really good to GG gear, but won’t make a character OP just by themselves.
Second this, I made an Enigma for hammerdin as soon as I had the runes and it was bad. Wasn't until I got everything esle such as Mara's,Hoto,Arachnid, etc that i was able to actually tele and not die.
Hero editor and test offline is the way to go. Someone told me Enigma was best for all classes, so I tried it out on my barb but was very underwhelmed. That
Teleport
feels gimmicky compared to
Frenzy
runspeed and/or
Leap
. Won't be using any of my HR's on one! I'm sure it's amazing for other classes though.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
After reading that I think my best option would be to use hero editor. I'm still torn. One member said the javazon kinda struggles because the Merc needs to catch up for the aura.. I really am looking for a cow killer since I can just leech Chaos runs.
I was one of those that said Infinity felt like a waste on the Javazon without Enigma. I got an Enigma since then and can confirm it's game-changing for a cowing Javazon, definitely more useful than Infinity if you're just spamming solo cows.
Teleport
makes it so much easier to get the leg, herd cows, and reposition the merc. I'd definitely run cows faster with only Enigma than only Infinity. But Infinity isn't totally wasted either - I've also learned that waiting for the aura to kick in can speed up runs as it turns the occasional two-shots into one-shots, and lets cows herd up a bit more.

For some reason, it's really hard to find a video of a teleporting Javazon doing cows, so I just made my own. Here's what the gameplay looks like for me:

Typical cow level clears (including Cow King + all elites unless phys immune) take around 2 minutes for me. Getting the leg takes around 30 secs, and would be faster if I didn't like to kill some elites while there. A full game from start to finish is usually under 3 minutes if I don't screw around in town.

For comparison, I also timed my runs with Enigma and a Harmony swap to run around without tping, and cow clears were more like 3 minutes with the leg retrieval taking ~40 sec. It should be a bit longer without Enigma and just a Harmony swap.
OP
Spoiler
mezz wrote: 2 years ago
I was one of those that said Infinity felt like a waste on the Javazon without Enigma. I got an Enigma since then and can confirm it's game-changing for a cowing Javazon, definitely more useful than Infinity if you're just spamming solo cows.
Teleport
makes it so much easier to get the leg, herd cows, and reposition the merc. I'd definitely run cows faster with only Enigma than only Infinity. But Infinity isn't totally wasted either - I've also learned that waiting for the aura to kick in can speed up runs as it turns the occasional two-shots into one-shots, and lets cows herd up a bit more.

For some reason, it's really hard to find a video of a teleporting Javazon doing cows, so I just made my own. Here's what the gameplay looks like for me:

Typical cow level clears (including Cow King + all elites unless phys immune) take around 2 minutes for me. Getting the leg takes around 30 secs, and would be faster if I didn't like to kill some elites while there. A full game from start to finish is usually under 3 minutes if I don't screw around in town.

For comparison, I also timed my runs with Enigma and a Harmony swap to run around without tping, and cow clears were more like 3 minutes with the leg retrieval taking ~40 sec. It should be a bit longer without Enigma and just a Harmony swap.
Dang thats awesome.. Yeah I can see how Enigma would help and that's probably my current issue... running to the next batch of cows and getting distracted by smaller groups rather than moving to the majority... That alone makes me think differently about this whole setup.

Thanks for making that video.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation