diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
46 replies   35649 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
i honestly hate traditional farming. Meph or Andy runs 10,000+ times just to find certain stuff. meh. no thanks.
This game teaches you something about yourself. I've learned something about myself. I can never get into gambling because I'll lose my damn house.

I'm just gonna sit down and run
Mephisto
a couple of times before bed.

6 hours later

just one more pull of the
Mephisto
slot machine

I swear this one is my last run

just one more
I see myself in this)) That's it, one last time and go to sleep... Okay, just one more time... Oh, the alarm clock is coming soon and I have to run to work. This expectation is so exciting. I like to recognize objects and see what it is. Yesterday I got
Shako
for the first time since the release of the game - it was a great joy, although some time ago my friend gave me one (for which I thank him).
I forgot the username that brought it up... err.. but, having a lot of MF does hurt your amount of runes found. That being said... the only reason for that is because when the rolls start for the value of the drop, each item that is swayed to be a magic item, cannot be a rune and takes the place of potentially a rune dropping. The difference is negligible. Prolly better off with the MF then trade for runes with what you find? MF is waaaaaay more consistent than mass bovicide.
vampanexe wrote: 1 year ago
I forgot the username that brought it up... err.. but, having a lot of MF does hurt your amount of runes found. That being said... the only reason for that is because when the rolls start for the value of the drop, each item that is swayed to be a magic item, cannot be a rune and takes the place of potentially a rune dropping. The difference is negligible. Prolly better off with the MF then trade for runes with what you find? MF is waaaaaay more consistent than mass bovicide.
this doesn't sound right to me. i could be missing something, but my understanding is that the item type is decided first, and then your magic find is only factored in afterward to determine its quality. meaning that if the game decides to drop a rune, it will always be a rune regardless of your magic find.
cougar wrote: 1 year ago
this doesn't sound right to me. i could be missing something, but my understanding is that the item type is decided first, and then your magic find is only factored in afterward to determine its quality. meaning that if the game decides to drop a rune, it will always be a rune regardless of your magic find.
You are correct.

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Magic_Fi ... h_Runes.3F

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

ShadowHeart 1557Moderator

Europe PC
Yes, item type is rolled first. So the game first determines if a drop is a rune, gold, piece of equipment, etc, before MF even comes into factor. MF then only comes into play for items that can actually become magic, rare, unique, and/or set. MF affecting rune drops is a Myth.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
its like I need to get that last good something, anything... so I can go to work and have something fun to think about... Oh shoot its 11 am and I work at 1
thank you for the post learning so much about MF........always something to learn :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...