Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   6301 views

Description

Hey mates!

Currently thinking about diving into hardcore, but first want to know how hostility works.
I'm quite open for PvP (and losing my char on it), but I just don't want to lose my char for nothing / ambush / however you call it.

So if someone joins your game and is NOT in your party, I guess everything is fine?

Do players need to declare hostily do slay you?
If so, is it immediately or is there some kind of "Player X is hostile in 10 seconds to you"?

Or is there a way to simply exclude hostility/PvP when opening a game?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey mates!

Currently thinking about diving into hardcore, but first want to know how hostility works.
I'm quite open for PvP (and losing my char on it), but I just don't want to lose my char for nothing / ambush / however you call it.

So if someone joins your game and is NOT in your party, I guess everything is fine?

If so, is it immediately or is there some kind of "Player X is hostile in 10 seconds to you"?

Or is there a way to simply exclude hostility/PvP when opening a game?
Answeredby Schnorki2 years agoGo to post
Players need to declare hostility at which point...
- They must be in town
- You get a notification (icon and sound)
- They are automatically booted from your party if they were in it
- They can no longer use your TPs
- Their own TPs despawn

So the worst case is if someone knows where you're headed and times the hostility onto you using a waypoint to get there. In that case, they could immediately follow and take you out on the waypoint.

Anywhere else, you have at minimum however long it takes to get from town to you to either head to town, leave the game or prep an ambush to take them out instead. Do note that hostility is not on a per-player basis but if someone declares hostility towards you, they automatically go hostile with your entire party. So creating an ambush is a definite possibility.

So yeah, if you die via PvP..it really kinda is your own fault. There's plenty of warning in this game.

Trollwut#2511

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
- They must be in town
- Their own TPs despawn

So the worst case is if someone knows where you're headed and times the hostility onto you using a waypoint to get there. In that case, they could immediately follow and take you out on the waypoint.

Anywhere else, you have at minimum however long it takes to get from town to you to either head to town, leave the game or prep an ambush to take them out instead. Do note that hostility is not on a per-player basis but if someone declares hostility towards you, they automatically go hostile with your entire party. So creating an ambush is a definite possibility.

So yeah, if you die via PvP..it really kinda is your own fault. There's plenty of warning in this game.
This post was marked as the best answer.
OP
Ah thanks, that cleared any question of mine! :)

I do like how this is being implemented. It really comes down to: If you see someone going hostile, it's hunting time.

But as long as he doesn't know I'm quite near an exact WP, I still have time to react.

Thanks mate for your answer!

Trollwut#2511

Teebling 5839Admin

Europe PC
@DiabloPlayerKiller

OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
@DiabloPlayerKiller
Hahaha, thought about linking him, as it was my intention for creating this post. :D

Also I played almost only hardcore "back in the days", but I really couldn't remember how hostility worked. It's like 15 years ago and now I'm old.

Trollwut#2511
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
- They must be in town
- Their own TPs despawn

Great summary, some more clarity is needed though. :)

You can not take WP's for like 8 seconds after going hostile, so you can't immediately follow someone to a WP, you need to wait out that timer before you can use WP in town to go anywhere.

You can not enter red portals like to Cows and to
Tristram
after going hostile, so if you are in Cows or
Tristram
you are safe from the PK!
OP
DiabloPlayerKiller wrote: 2 years ago
You can not enter red portals like to Cows and to
Tristram
after going hostile, so if you are in Cows or
Tristram
you are safe from the PK!
While this is a sane solution, I don't know if I want to trust you. :D

Ok, you also confirm: If someone goes hostile, one has enough time to react to it.

Trollwut#2511
Nobody talks about the portals. I know the hostile portal disappears.
But I was in the
Baal
's throne when a ppl turned on hostility. One of my party member ported to the town. I know I have enough time to esc from the game or port to the town, so when the red mark popped up on the map I went to the portal opened by someone but I couldn't use it. Why?
Trollwut wrote: 2 years ago
Hey mates!

Currently thinking about diving into hardcore...

I played hc long ago... I can tell you about some "common" methods to let you figure out... Trapsins with traps right outside Arrogath... you walk outside, they run inside town and turn hostile to you... traps will finish the job... Sorceress with hydras... same story... Throwing barbs waiting you enter sewers in
Lut Gholein
But sometimes PKers do not need to turn hostile... they can bring packs of monsters over a waypoint (River in Act4 for example) or any entrance (the pack with
Fangskin
at lvl2 viper temple entrance)... Any portal can be a trap in open games...
Good luck :-)

DiabloDeDeadpool wrote: 2 years ago
May the loot be with you...

Teebling 5839Admin

Europe PC
Just dropping this educational thread for any new readers who want to know what getting ganked in hardcore with hostility looks like (from ganker's perspective).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...