Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
47 replies   4378 views

Description

Aloha!

Since my barb (softcore, non-ladder) is getting a full revamp and I find myself no longer in need of his old setup, I've decided to give away a full endgame, fully elite-upgraded trav zerker set. The build has been adjusted slightly from what I personally ran with but it still works exceptionally well across the board and of course in trav specifically.

Highlights range from Enigma, Grief, double HotOs on switch and a 30 res Mara's to things like an eth Chains of Honor on the merc who is of course built to avoid all cold dmg so you can hork in peace.

The build as is sits at 369mf and 1083gf while keeping plenty of dmg and survivability to make quick work of trav and pretty much everything else as desired. The HotOs on switch not only make for solid BO but allow for speed-horking (@344mf/1033gf) and faster teleporting to get you where you need to go.

A full set of charms along with a solid anni and torch are of course included.
Since I don't want this one to come down to "who has time to join some in-game contest at the right moment", I'm keeping it fully confined to the forum here. All you have to do to enter the giveaway is tell me why you should get the barb. Your reasoning may be sincere, it may be ironic, it may be funny, whatever you wish. Or..you know..just enter any random other text that at least clearly indicates you'd like to win. Extra points for making it a haiku. ;)

At the end of this, I will simply be going through the responses here and whichever I liked the most (for whatever reason) wins and I'll reach out to you to hand you your new barb. So..completely unbiased and objective. :p
Or I'll figure out some other appropriate way to assign a winner as needed.

I'll leave this up for a bit to give folks time to enter as they please and will pick a winner some time later in the week. Not setting an exact date as I'll likely just make it dependent on whether or not responses are still coming in, combined with when do I have time to read through all of it and whatnot but you will at minimum have until let's say Wednesday night.

(In case of lack of interest/participation, I reserve the right to scrap this and figure out some other way to give away the gear).
Description by Schnorki

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Aloha!

Since my barb (softcore, non-ladder) is getting a full revamp and I find myself no longer in need of his old setup, I've decided to give away a full endgame, fully elite-upgraded trav zerker set. The build has been adjusted slightly from what I personally ran with but it still works exceptionally well across the board and of course in trav specifically.

Highlights range from Enigma, Grief, double HotOs on switch and a 30 res Mara's to things like an eth Chains of Honor on the merc who is of course built to avoid all cold dmg so you can hork in peace.

The build as is sits at 369mf and 1083gf while keeping plenty of dmg and survivability to make quick work of trav and pretty much everything else as desired. The HotOs on switch not only make for solid BO but allow for speed-horking (@344mf/1033gf) and faster teleporting to get you where you need to go.

A full set of charms along with a solid anni and torch are of course included.
Since I don't want this one to come down to "who has time to join some in-game contest at the right moment", I'm keeping it fully confined to the forum here. All you have to do to enter the giveaway is tell me why you should get the barb. Your reasoning may be sincere, it may be ironic, it may be funny, whatever you wish. Or..you know..just enter any random other text that at least clearly indicates you'd like to win. Extra points for making it a haiku. ;)

At the end of this, I will simply be going through the responses here and whichever I liked the most (for whatever reason) wins and I'll reach out to you to hand you your new barb. So..completely unbiased and objective. :p
Or I'll figure out some other appropriate way to assign a winner as needed.

I'll leave this up for a bit to give folks time to enter as they please and will pick a winner some time later in the week. Not setting an exact date as I'll likely just make it dependent on whether or not responses are still coming in, combined with when do I have time to read through all of it and whatnot but you will at minimum have until let's say Wednesday night.

(In case of lack of interest/participation, I reserve the right to scrap this and figure out some other way to give away the gear).
OP

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
PS:
You're welcome to comment as you please but as far as actual responses/reasons as to why you should win go, I'll only consider your first entry.
I can take merc accessories, mine is poor as hell :)

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
Born with a heart of Steel
OP

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Manowar wrote: 1 year ago
I can take merc accessories, mine is poor as hell :)
Just to avoid confusion:
I am giving away the entire thing, barb gear, merc gear, charms, all of it as one sealed package to one winner. Not going to start breaking it up into "you get the merc, you get half the charms, you get the barb stuff, you get the other charms" and whatnot.
ok np :)

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
Born with a heart of Steel
i cheated and used chatgpt to write the haiku ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Harrogath
stands strong
Forged in Ice and mountain Stone
Victory in sight

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
i would like this cuz i literally have never played a Barb and would love an opportunity and incentive to create one. itd be rad if i won this, but thanks for doin it either way.
Want to be clear I'm not participating in the giveaway, but I had an idea. It would probably never work. But how cool would it be to make this like a, d2io pay it forward loaner. Whoever wins, like, use it to learn to hork or get your runes or whatever, then do another giveaway.

I know it wouldn't work because of trust and time and motivation and all, but it's a cool thought. Like a d2io library of loaner characters. I had a thought along those lines when whoever was asking to borrow an Infinity to test.

Anyway, good on you Schnorki for giving away what's probably many HR worth of loot. gl with the contest!

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
Hehe, nice idea!

I don't really need the stuff so don't count me in, but it got me in a barb mood and whenever I load up D2 for some time with my Barby doll, I can't help but sing Aqua to myself... So following that train of thought:

I'm a Barby girl, in a Barby world,
My Grief's a stat stick, it's fantastic,
I haven't got much hair, and not a lot to wear
Extermination, that is my vocation

Come on Barby, let's go party
*casts battle cries* hwu hwa hwo hwooorr!
hwooh hwooh

And that's as far as I can be bothered to go but you get the idea. :)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
OP

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
Hehe, nice idea!

I don't really need the stuff so don't count me in, but it got me in a barb mood and whenever I load up D2 for some time with my Barby doll, I can't help but sing Aqua to myself... So following that train of thought:

I'm a Barby girl, in a Barby world,
My Grief's a stat stick, it's fantastic,
I haven't got much hair, and not a lot to wear
Extermination, that is my vocation

hwooh hwooh

And that's as far as I can be bothered to go but you get the idea. :)
It is somewhat comforting to know that I'm not the only one who spends his game-time rewriting random songs to match. :)

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
😂 💀

PS Very generous of you Schnorki!

Why did the ZerkerBarb refuse to play cards with the Paladin?

Because the Paladin kept insisting on playing "Divine Intervention" every time he lost a hand!
I'm a returnee Diablo 2 Player but it's the first time I actually bought the game since I only played the cracked version years back. Online is very fun and makes items more accessible than playing solo because my luck was so bad back in the days. I've made some few haikus regarding my diablo 2 journey. Enjoy :)

Might try my luck here
20 years diablo player
No
Ber
, no
Jah
sad

It's good to be back
First time online I have tried
Very fun and nice

Completionist run
Did 7 classes for fun
Killed
Baal
all through Hell

Thanks for your time, I've really enjoyed returning to Diablo 2 Resurrected, and having a nice community to support players all throughout.

Bnet tag: Zero#15277

My time zone is GMT+8. Please bear with me when doing trades since our time zones can be different. Thanks in advance :)

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Hey, I am not in the competition neither, just because my current (best) barb is level... 14, so he can wear this in approximately 2025 with my play speed. :) He did slay normal Countess though ^^

Do like the giveaway though, and great fan of the Barby girl from Janet. Lovely stuff.

That community is awesome !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Hi there!

Firstly, I just wanted to say how awesome this Trav Barb giveaway is. Thank you, @Schnorki!

I'm not good at Haiku's or rhymes, but I will say this Trav Zerker would be absolutely perfect for me.

Barbarians have always been a favorite class of mine, even going back to D2:LoD some 20 odd years ago. I recently got back into D2R after a long hiatus (about a year) and am starting over.

With a friend of mine also playing a Barbarian, we fully self-leveled from Normal Act 1 all the way through Hell Act 5 until we slayed
Baal
. It was a wonderful experience, first playing
Frenzy
and then eventually re-speccing into WW.

Now that I'm level 85 I have been trying to farm and trade for gear to ultimately convert this guy into a Trav/Pit Zerker to Hork, so your timing is impeccable.

It goes without saying that this endgame gear is exactly what I have been striving to achieve.

I also recently began playing a Summon Necromancer for the first time (he's level 82 now) and an Enigma would be very useful in placing my minions. :)

Thanks again no matter the outcome and good luck to everyone who enters!
There are a couple of new players in my D2R clan that are struggling to get to endgame gear at the moment trying to farm Chaos sanc/trav/cows ect.

Would be amazing to give them a hand at gear to uplift them.

Here's a joke for you I saw the otherday.

A barbarian walks into a bar and orders a fruit punch.
The bartender says, “If you want a fruit punch, you have to stand in line, like everyone else.”
The barbarian looks around, but there was no punch line.

Thanks,
Hi and thanks for the awesome chance! i am currently leveling a Barb for the first time with exactly the build you are using in mind.

Thats my first serious try on ladder and as i want to build Wealth i take a chance at this giveaway.

Here are 2 Barbarian jokes i came up with:

Why did the barbarian bring sheep to bed with him?

Because he wanted to have a little barba-ram-a-lamb!
--------------------------------------------------
Why did the barbarian cross the road?

To get to the other raid!

I see myself out :)
There once was a Barb from
Harrogath
who wasn't too good at d2r math.
He said with a sigh:
"oh i wish i could try an MF build that's real fly;
instead of going back to that spam fest called 'Path'."

Hahaha XD My brother and I will probably be swapping this gear between
our toons if this somehow comes to us. Good luck everyone! And thank you Sir
for your generous gesture!
I'd really like the equipment.

Ironically, my barb is the only char that has somewhat decent equipment, but it would really help me equip my other chars, the necro, paladin and sorc :D

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
Diablo is red, cold sorcs are blue

this set looks hella sweet

i want to 'zerk too.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...