Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   6421 views

Description

If someone doesn't know it yet - it's very useful for farming
Baal
. Also if we don't want to fight against a certain wave.
Description by Domin92

Can be used to make Runewords:

If someone doesn't know it yet - it's very useful for farming
Baal
. Also if we don't want to fight against a certain wave.
I find switching to legacy graphics completely unnecessary. It's very easy to do with the D2R overlay on.

Deleted User 632 0

looks like something that should be (in my opinion) fixed if possible.
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
looks like something that should be (in my opinion) fixed if possible.
This has been a thing for 20+ years. When you know why it works this way, you understand that it's not a bug, but a feature.

Deleted User 632 0

so blizz intended for people to just stop waves from
Baal
to even spawn? okay. but why?
OP
iamergo wrote: 2 years ago
I find switching to legacy graphics completely unnecessary. It's very easy to do with the D2R overlay on.
For you it's easy, for me legacy is way easier to spot that hall entrance.

I don't think it's a feature :P I think the reason why they can't fix it, it's because source code is not 100% available for them, since it was lost. And it's all hardcoded within source code, so they have to rewrite it from scratch for
Baal
waves, that's why it won't be ever fixed. They still did nice job with 2.4 patch and i am glad that Blizzard tries to ressurect this game.
considering the time to skip all the waves, any heavy geared players wouldn't bother since the waves offer good xp.
Domin92 wrote: 2 years ago
I don't think it's a feature :P I think the reason why they can't fix it, it's because source code is not 100% available for them, since it was lost. And it's all hardcoded within source code, so they have to rewrite it from scratch for
Baal
waves, that's why it won't be ever fixed.
You have no idea what you're talking about, lmao.
annoynimous wrote: 2 years ago
considering the time to skip all the waves, any heavy geared players wouldn't bother since the waves offer good xp.
At clevel 93+, they don't. Heck, even at earlier levels, waves 1-3 are almost useless. They can also extend the run unnecessarily, because warped ones run away, greater mummies can resurrect corpses that
Baal
didn't clean up and the council members summon hydras. That's why you skip 1, 2 and 3, and only do 4 and 5.
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
so blizz intended for people to just stop waves from
Baal
to even spawn? okay. but why?
They didn't intend it. That's just how wave spawning works ā€” bunch of timers and triggers.
It's not a bug. It's an exploit of code working properly. Kind of like grushing.
OP
iamergo wrote: 2 years ago
You have no idea what you're talking about, lmao.
I do. That's how it is. They didin't intend it and when LoD was released in 2001 they didn't expect people will exploit it. And they won't rewrite now 21 years old game code from scratch. They didn't even want to fix it back in the day. So they just don't care. If someone wants to skip, he will, if not then he won't, lol.
annoynimous wrote: 2 years ago
As i said, it's also for SP players who doesn't want to fight certain wave due to immunities. For example, i love skipping 2nd Wave with Blizz Soso.
Domin92 wrote: 1 year ago
I do. That's how it is. They didin't intend it. And they won't rewrite 21 years old game code from scratch. So they just don't care. If someone wants to skip, he will, if not then he won't, lol.
No, I meant that you have no idea what source code is and what was lost. The lost source files ex-Blizzard North people talked about at length were mostly 3D models.
The source code, i.e. the code of the game, can be manipulated freely, which is what modders have been doing for two decades and what the D2R team is doing as they rebalance the game.
OP
iamergo wrote: 1 year ago
No, I meant that you have no idea what source code is and what was lost. The lost source files ex-Blizzard North people talked about at length were mostly 3D models.
The source code, i.e. the code of the game, can be manipulated freely, which is what modders have been doing for two decades and what the D2R team is doing as they rebalance the game.
Yes, models were lost too, but same goes to source code. Modders didn't manipulate game source code lol, just .txt files graphic files and other available files for everyone. Thats why D2:R is just a visual overlay for a game whose code has not been modified and it's still same code from 2000-2001 year.

If source code was there, modders would add new acts, new characters, new damage types and many other stuff that was never added, because they didn't have access to the main code. And it's still not available, thats why we can't expect new characters or acts to D2:R even if Blizzard wanted to make them. All we can expect are balance patches of existing stuff, or new uniques/runewords/sets, but they won't add more complicated things.

For example - we all know that cold Necro Skeletal Mages sucks, because they shatter the corpse. D2:R team knows it too, but they can't remove their random spawn because it's hardcoded. Simple as that.
If source code was there, modders would add new acts, new characters, new damage types and many other stuff that was never added, because they didn't have access to the main code.
Um
... Modders did add all those things though? I don't know what you would call "a new act," but they certainly added new zones with new quests, as well as new character, interactions and animations. You can even play as monsters and use their abilities.
For example - we all know that cold Necro Skeletal Mages sucks, because they shatter the corpse. D2:R team knows it too, but they can't remove them from spawning randomly, because they're hardcoded.
I'm pretty sure that discussing skelly mages, the D2R devs said they didn't know how to best balance them, not that they couldn't remove them.
OP
Um
... Modders did add all those things though? I don't know what you would call "a new act," but they certainly added new zones with new quests, as well as new character, interactions and animations. You can even play as monsters and use their abilities.
You gotta tell me about a mod that has 6th Act added and more than 7 characters on the chatacter screen, maybe i missed something, lol.
I'm pretty sure that discussing skelly mages, the D2R devs said they didn't know how to best balance them, not that they couldn't remove them.
But they can't remove them, or they can't make them stop destroying corpses. Because it's hardcoded and they don't have access to that.
You gotta tell me about a mod that has 6th Act added and more than 7 characters on the chatacter screen, maybe i missed something, lol.
You just said that they couldn't add new characters because they were somehow hardcoded. Now you're saying that you actually meant the character selection screen, lol.
OP
You just said that they couldn't add new characters because they were somehow hardcoded. Now you're saying that you actually meant the character selection screen, lol.
Yes, i mean the characters. Amazon, Assassin etc you know. I didn't mean NPC, LOL. Adding NPC is simply editing .txt file + dc6 image files, but you can't add 8th playable character. Also you can't add 6th Act. Because it's all hardcoded and noone got access to that. It's so simple. What else should i explain?

If source code was available for everyone, modders would make 10 acts like we have in PoE or 20 more playable characters from RPG games (Cleric, Monk, Priest, Shaman etc etc). Or recreate D3 characters into D2. But noone can do that. So modders are restricted to 7 chars and 5 acts and all modding goes through .txt, dc6 and other files. Some modders can even edit .dll files, but they can't do everything with that since source code is lost. This is also why D2:R developers can't change
Baal
waves logic and triggers to fix this, because it's all hardcoded. And it won't be ever fixed. Modders can't do that too.

This is my last post about that, because i suppose i explained it enough. Cheers mate.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...