Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
25 replies   1664 views

Description

Finally, after almost 2 years, my first char on non ladder, my dear necromancer, has reached the level he was aiming at - level 93.
Yeah, that's what many reach after two weeks on ladder, but still, I am happy. Levelling from 92 to 93 has proved... painful !

The gearing has also reached his objective.

And for the style points, when I was at 99.9% I waited for a DClone to get my level up killing BigD. :)

Now, bringing my sin to 90 (current 88, hell
Baal
finished) and zon to 80 (current A2 nightmare) !
Description by Necrarch

Can be used to make Runewords:

Necrarch 1620Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Finally, after almost 2 years, my first char on non ladder, my dear necromancer, has reached the level he was aiming at - level 93.
Yeah, that's what many reach after two weeks on ladder, but still, I am happy. Levelling from 92 to 93 has proved... painful !

The gearing has also reached his objective.

And for the style points, when I was at 99.9% I waited for a DClone to get my level up killing BigD. :)

Now, bringing my sin to 90 (current 88, hell
Baal
finished) and zon to 80 (current A2 nightmare) !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
May I ask, as a newbie, why 93 was a goal? I've heard that highest affixes appear at ilvl 95 (then everything is clear), but i'm not sure if this is true.

I don't mind negotiating, if it's within reason.
OP

Necrarch 1620Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Good question !

- At first, because I wanted to craft caster amulets when gambling them.
But I have now my 2/20 (through trading) and TZs have reduced the need to get amulets lower than 93.

- 93 is the first level allowing me to wear all my stuff without any point in STR (Torch / Anni /
Mage Plate
Enigma / 20 STR FCR 10 ring /
Eth
Sandstorm bring me to 156 - just what I need to wear my Spirit
Monarch
on swap with CtA)

- And I have pretty much the skillpoints where I want them. Sure with 99 I'll have more, but considering how much I felt annoying the levelling from 92 to 93, I'll NEVER make it to 99 !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
Congrats!

I delete my lvl 94 ladder character at the end of the season.
Guest we don't have the same amount of time to play :P

Relax and have fun!
OP

Necrarch 1620Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I guess so mate, thanks for your words :)
About 3 hours a week, not much more.
But in the long run, that allows to get where you want to be. :)

I am not putting my nec in the garage though, I want to try once to do Ubers solo - did them about 10 times with my sorc and pally buddy, but on my own, never tried yet. Can be a nice challenge now that I have no XP point left to lose. :D

I just need a safe 1-2 hours without interruption - no idea when I can get that !

But the guy is damn well geared now. :)

Annihilus
Necrarch wrote: 9 months ago
considering how much I felt annoying the levelling from 92 to 93, I'll NEVER make it to 99 !
I suppose it took more time than levelling from 1 to 90 or so, even without deaths.

I don't mind negotiating, if it's within reason.
OP

Necrarch 1620Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Correct. Or at least felt like it.
Baal
hates me now (shall it be in normal or TZ). ^^

Annihilus
Congrats Nec!

Im in ur shoes as well :)

Finally got my zon to be lvl93. Honestly this is the only lvl 93 char I’ve ever had since 2003(when i started playing d2lod) :)

I never had the patient to climb past 92 and/or i die too much and my exps kept dropping so i gave up.

Anyhow, knowing I need to make a 93 for ammy crafting purpose, i was forced to, and finally able to. Thid is the highest i will get my char to. No motivation to go past 93 for me at this point in time :)

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
Nice! I'm stuck at 91 with my necro as well. This is a painfull journey, i guess we all can relate!

Congrats!
to be honest, this thread motivates me a lot. As you are quite a renowned player, at least here, I appreciate the fact that you are happy as child on its birthday when reaching level 93 while I always watched youtube videos of players that have several lvl99 ladder chars were I ask myself if those guys have even normal lives... I mean, I am married and have a small child and even me can't complain about the time I have spare to play, but man, how many days / weeks do those lvl99 guys have spare? ^^ That grounds me a bit and makes me happy about every single level my char gains (currently the highest one is lvl90). Thanks! :)

Feel free to make alternative offers. Runes or
Perfect Gems
are always welcome.
If you agree with my price suggestion, add me on BattleNet.
I am level 98 currently grinding to 99 on my zon. I have 2 kids 2 and under along with a full time job. I probably average around an hour a day, including trading and camping dclone. One
Key
is looking out for TZ
Baal
and
Chaos Sanctuary
. I get like half a bar with an hour of one of those even at level 98.

ShadowHeart 1789Moderator

Europe PC
Sirius Delta wrote: 9 months ago
I mean, I am married and have a small child and even me can't complain about the time I have spare to play, but man, how many days / weeks do those lvl99 guys have spare? ^^ That grounds me a bit and makes me happy about every single level my char gains (currently the highest one is lvl90). Thanks! :)
There's no need to compare oneself to streamers/YouTubers whose literal job is to play games :P
(even if you don't think of it as work, it is how they make their living - the rest of us have non-gaming related jobs :P)

Congrats, @Necrarch :D

My highest level character so far in D2R is a level 94 Sorceress, she was the very first character I created when D2R was released. She has gone through some evolutions, but still whipping demon butt from time to time. Seriously doubt she'll ever hit 95 though LOL.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP

Necrarch 1620Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Thanks all for your answers, love that community :)

Agreed with Landros that you have to pick the right time to grind, sometimes when I have no work meeting AND free time AND a nice TZ AND in homeworking... well, can't recommend doing that for your own lives but... :)

As for the 93, it was overall because it was right with my build to have a nice skill point distribution, if you're happy at 80, don't bother :)

Annihilus

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Love that! :D

Congrats on finally hitting your target mate! Well done.

mhlg 867

Americas PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 9 months ago
Congrats!

I delete my lvl 94 ladder character at the end of the season.
Guest we don't have the same amount of time to play :P
I mule my ladder builds. That way I can use them to trade anything they're storing at all levels of the game. When I run out of char slots for ladder I delete the lowest one on the tree.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Thanks all for your answers, love that community :)

Agreed with Landros that you have to pick the right time to grind, sometimes when I have no work meeting AND free time AND a nice TZ AND in homeworking... well, can't recommend doing that for your own lives but... :)

As for the 93, it was overall because it was right with my build to have a nice skill point distribution, if you're happy at 80, don't bother :)
Agreed with the thread and love the passion/enthusiasm. Congrats my friend.

And to many of the commentators above; absolutely focus on your own pathways vs. making comparisons. It is about your own fun and mental headspace that matters. I also have 3 kiddos, and a job, balancing content creation with time to play. It is all about the journey, experience, and joy.

Best of all, and what we love as Diablo 2 fans, is the patient and persistent grind through Sanctuary.

Cheers all.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
d2rppa69 wrote: 9 months ago
Anyhow, knowing I need to make a 93 for ammy crafting purpose, i was forced to, and finally able to. Thid is the highest i will get my char to. No motivation to go past 93 for me at this point in time :)
Fortunately for you, this changed by the way with the injection of
Terror
Zones. Now at clvl (Character Level) 91, all ammys dropped are guaranteed to be ilvl93 at minimum. This is a far better line of sight than the prior gambling issue of having the randomized +/- 5 level swing either way which is always why it was previously recommended to be clvl93 at minimum.

Th3ory wrote: 9 months ago
d2rppa69 wrote: 9 months ago
Fortunately for you, this changed by the way with the injection of
Terror
Zones. Now at clvl (Character Level) 91, all ammys dropped are guaranteed to be ilvl93 at minimum. This is a far better line of sight than the prior gambling issue of having the randomized +/- 5 level swing either way which is always why it was previously recommended to be clvl93 at minimum.
Yeah i know it just im too lazy to farm for mass 93 ammys from
Terror
zones through luck… having lvl 93 char and gamble the ammys is a much quicker route :)

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
Congrats mate :) Every level gained above 90 has a certain pain to get... playtime, random deaths from random affixes mobs have, random lag even so a level up after that point is always a reason for celebration :)

Me personally right now im fighting for level 95 ( need half bar still ) on sorc and 90 on my paladin ( he's close too ). Its not like I ever put a specific goal in terms of level i just do my thing, call it farm with sorc or ubers with paladin and when i reach a point were i see im pretty close to the next level my priority changes just to get it before i lose exp to some obscure place.

Sad part is that with the build i play ( blizzard-Orb ), i need like.... level 110 to fully activate all the synergies and thats why i refrain from thinking about it :P

On Vacation for 2 weeks - All of my buy or sell offers are retracted and frozen.

WTB List : Cold Skillers + Life ( 28-35 range )
Sup
Archon Plate
White or 4 soc ( close to perfect 13/13, 15/13. 14/13 etc )
Sup Ethereal Base for Pride
I'm pushing hard towards 92. I should be there this weekend!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...