Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
25 replies   1663 views

Description

Description by Necrarch

Can be used to make Runewords:

Grats! Levels def start taking noticeably longer right around 91-92, IMO.

So far I've got 99 barb, 99 zon (as of last week), 96 sorc (2 bars away from 97) and just got 96 on my pally yesterday. I think I'll prob go for 97 on sorc and then may be done with leveling after that. Or at least a break for a few months while I check out Baldur's Gate 3. Hopefully that launch goes better than Diablo 4! Still salty about the mega nerf patch.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP

Necrarch 1620Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
That's the good part of being a slow player: I am not 50 yet at D4 (well, 49!) so patches ruining complex end game gears do not seem that bad ^^

Somehow though, you knew that Blizzard had to change the balance sooner or later right ?

They always do ! :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 9 months ago
That's the good part of being a slow player: I am not 50 yet at D4 (well, 49!) so patches ruining complex end game gears do not seem that bad ^^

Somehow though, you knew that Blizzard had to change the balance sooner or later right ?

They always do ! :)
Problem is, they rarely think about what they do before they do it and (as once again shown here) end up massively nerfing the stuff that was already crap while the stuff that was dominating largely continues to dominate (with a now even wider relative gap to other builds/classes).
OP

Necrarch 1620Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Does it ? On the necromancer side, seemed pretty OK (nerf on
Bone Spear
- well Spirit got it too, up on blood and sever). Haven't seen the other classes, I don't play them. :)

My only wish for necro is that they realize that for summons you need a combined
Skeleton
/ Golem skill button, now juggling with only 4 skills with these two required is painful.

For sure though the nerf on all damage reductions is tough (for everyone equally, probably not though).

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 9 months ago
Does it ? On the necromancer side, seemed pretty OK (nerf on
Bone Spear
- well Spirit got it too, up on blood and sever). Haven't seen the other classes, I don't play them. :)

My only wish for necro is that they realize that for summons you need a combined
Skeleton
/ Golem skill button, now juggling with only 4 skills with these two required is painful.

For sure though the nerf on all damage reductions is tough (for everyone equally, probably not though).
(Reposting cuz..DB stuff. :D)

On paper, what they added was a blanket nerf for everyone equally, by cutting back (quite a bit) on vuln, crit and defensive stats.
In reality though, that nerf hit certain builds significantly harder than it did others.

For sorcs for example, light (which was already accepted as objectively far worse than cold) is about as crit-centered as it gets, far more so than a cold build. As a result, a nerf to crit hits them significantly harder than it does others, widening the gap between cold and light even further.
At the same time, they actually added random buffs specifically for blizzard which was already arguably the best (or tied for it with shards) sorc build out there.

So basically, already worse build(s) got hit significantly harder and the previously better builds were made even better by comparison because of it. Plus buffs to make the prior top build even more "top" cuz...reasons I guess.

The whole thing just made no sense whatsoever. As usual.

(the vuln piece did hit everyone about equally though I guess, seeing how the math behind that stat is so dumb and relatively OP that basically every build scrambles to stack as much of it as possible no matter what)
OP

Necrarch 1620Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I think due to their own company name, Blizzard must ensure that Blizzard is always a nice skill :D

Thanks for the Insight, as I only play necro I don't have the other points of view.
Bone Spear
was probably a bit too strong before patch, so nothing too weird in what happened.

Annihilus

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...