Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   980 views

Description

Still preparing for my first uber run, I am wondering if a dual-paladin team would make the job easier. Could be one of the follow two setups:
  • a smiter with a hammerdin
  • two smiters
either way, you can get both
Fanaticism
and
Salvation
at the same time (
Salvation
helps to compensate for
Uber Mephisto
's
Conviction
aura).

A hammerdin would potentially help clear out mobs, while an additional smiter could help with boss kill.

Any thoughts on this one?
Description by kingcu

Can be used to make Runewords:

Still preparing for my first uber run, I am wondering if a dual-paladin team would make the job easier. Could be one of the follow two setups:
  • a smiter with a hammerdin
  • two smiters
either way, you can get both
Fanaticism
and
Salvation
at the same time (
Salvation
helps to compensate for
Uber Mephisto
's
Conviction
aura).

A hammerdin would potentially help clear out mobs, while an additional smiter could help with boss kill.

Any thoughts on this one?
Im also preparing for my first uber run with my smiter/zealer, if you looking for a partner to do ubers with I would be interested in teaming up.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Speaking from personal experience, the only thing you really speed up as a team is getting to
Lilith
as she actually hides decently well and tends to have tons of mobs blocking the path. So unless your Smiter has an Eni, you do need to kill a fair few of them. For that specific purpose, a Sorc seemed to be the best partner. Not only because she can scout for
Lilith
faster than any other class (to avoid going the wrong way) but because they're actually pretty good at taking down those specific mobs quickly, too.

All of the bosses on the other hand take noticeably longer to kill, simply because crushing becomes less and less effective with more people.

Combining Fana and
Salvation
would be a nice gimmick but honestly, that is only in effect/relevant while you are killing Meph (which doesn't take long). Sometimes not even then because you can build your Smiter to not need it anyways. Soon as he drops (or before you get to him), there's no need for any sort of
Salvation
. And if your Merc already offers Might and potentially
Concentration
on top of that, you don't gain much otherwise. Certainly not enough to outweigh the negative scaling on CB.

All of that having been said, double-teaming is not a bad idea starting out, if you're not yet confident soloing it. If you want/need a hand/partner for that, you can reach out to me as well. Happy to help out (for free).
OP
Thanks for the great information and the offer to help out, really appreciate.

I'll give it a try over this weekend with local mate, who happens to have both a high lvl sorc and a newly leveled smiter.

Have a merry Christmas.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...