Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
175 replies   71344 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah some cunt is hitting it with a script atm. Think I might be able to code on my phone lol, see what I can do.
enjoy your vacation man, we can deal with the permatroll

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
BlackArchon wrote: 2 years ago
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Good lord..Americas still being perma-trolled?
Starting to think someone actually built a script for that one..

Anyways, until Teeb is back and this can be addressed, I propose we make sure that an actual change is posted about here as well so that folks do know when something is indeed moving. Given, we were already doing that anyways but so long as the troll is that active, there isn't much of an alternative.
Yeah better to check updates from this thread instead. or maybe there's a thread already for it? at least here we can see the people making the update. right now it's just 1/6 -
Terror
gazes upon Sanctuary for NA
No dedicated thread but this one works just fine. No need for another related one. :)

Yeah some cunt is hitting it with a script atm. Think I might be able to code on my phone lol, see what I can do.
And that's why we can't have nice things.. :(
Either way, go Teeb! lol
(srsly though, enjoy your deserved time off)

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Okay guys, made a change, let's see how it goes now with our automated friend.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Seems to have killed him for now. Quite some time without his auto-updates already.

Huzzah!

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Alright, Teeb being the boss that he is, the whole thing should be a lot more reliable now.

There is one thing I'd like to suggest though:
When trolls had to be corrected over and over, the status (while correct) was also typically very current.

Since this correction, I've noticed a sigificant "lack of updating" so to speak. Now, that does inherently make sense as you may go "ok, same status, no need to update" but I would kindly suggest that we all update for the game mode we are on whenever we have a second. Even if it is the same status.

The reasoning is simply that if you look at the tracker and you see nothing changed, you go 'great, no walk to look out for yet'. But if you then notice that the last change for everything was an hour or two ago, you also go 'hm..truly no walk or is it just not being updated?'.

If we all just keep it current (or at least semi-current) for our current region, it in turn saves all of us from jumping around all regions to confirm.
Just to confirm, there was no recent Asian walk right? I was checking roughly 10 hours ago and the Asian softcore non-ladder counter was higher than it is now, though I assume it could have been due to trolling too.

Bisu 369

PC
Lil_Krot wrote: 2 years ago
Just to confirm, there was no recent Asian walk right? I was checking roughly 10 hours ago and the Asian softcore non-ladder counter was higher than it is now, though I assume it could have been due to trolling too.
The trolling has been quite effectively shut down by Teebling. The tracker is much more reliable for the last two days or so.

There was indeed a walk on Asia, less than 4 hours ago.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Aye, Asia had a walk today. Guests (and by extension seemingly all trolls) have been locked out.

The only thing left is the occasional honest mistake (someone entering in the wrong region) but that, too seems to be rare.

Well and folks can't seem to tell expansion and non-expansion apart. Which...kind of has me scared for ladder in the future.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
What do you guys think about removing non-expansion modes from the tracker?

Seeing as there is little reward besides bragging rights for hunting him in non-expansion, and so few players on this mode, plus the addition of an additional 12 possible modes come ladder, plus the annoyance of uninformed progress updates, I think it makes sense...

Either way Teeb. But I just bookmark the page and can apply your handy filters accordingly before bookmarking.
Lil_Krot wrote: 2 years ago
There was a walk. I nabbed a 18/20/8 :P

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC

Seeing as there is little reward besides bragging rights for hunting him in non-expansion, and so few players on this mode, plus the addition of an additional 12 possible modes come ladder, plus the annoyance of uninformed progress updates, I think it makes sense...
There are some folks who do care about it just for giggles.

I'd suggest
1) Rename "non-expansion" to "classic" to make it more obvious
2) Add a default filter to only show expansion

That way those who care about classic can still view it (by removing that filter) but those who just go in blind won't accidentally see it and get confused.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Landros wrote: 2 years ago
Either way Teeb. But I just bookmark the page and can apply your handy filters accordingly before bookmarking.
After applying you can bookmark the page and it will remember the filters too ;)

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC

Agree with removing or renaming to Classic that was called out for clarity

OP
A D2R reddit mod was trashing this site and the tracker on a post about the Asia dclone that spawned this morning. The post itself was a screen grab of this site's tracker. I and a few other people said it was getting fixed and said the site isnt that bad. I didn't even link to here; just said it was a good site. We all got banned lol.

The funny thing is, the poster said that it was good we had the tracker on here bc that sub's discord wasnt being updated.

u/lordpermaximum is on a power trip lol

PC #Spateezus1673
PSN SpatCat
XBOX SpatCat
Switch SW-7207-9846-5006

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
SpatCat wrote: 2 years ago
A D2R reddit mod was trashing this site and the tracker on a post about the Asia dclone that spawned this morning. The post itself was a screen grab of this site's tracker. I and a few other people said it was getting fixed and said the site isnt that bad. I didn't even link to here; just said it was a good site. We all got banned lol.

The funny thing is, the poster said that it was good we had the tracker on here bc that sub's discord wasnt being updated.

Did he forget to hit F5 and miss it?
Cuz..the tracker was damn accurate for that one leading into it. :)

Good on the mod for trashing the hard work of a single person. The Man in the Arena speech comes to mind...

After all, what are other people/sites doing to try and give nuggets up about walks beyond thread postings? Teeb's fundamental flaw was that he trusted the common person to be good, honorable, and community minded. While I concur that most people are that way, a few clowns with keyboard+practical anonymity prove what that trust gets ya sometimes. Good to hear there are changes that should get the trackers more reliable. Live, learn, adapt, grow.
Where does this name come to mind... ahh yes.

The guy who created a subreddit parallel to r/diablo and lured people into joining by promising keys for the D2R Tech Alpha. Obviously he silenced (by banning) everyone who called him out.

Can't say I'm surprised he's trashing other people's work.

But I digress, I also think renaming Non-expansion to Classic would help reduce confusion a bit.
OP
Does anyone actually play D2R non expansion mode? I'm not quite sure I even know how to install that lol

PC #Spateezus1673
PSN SpatCat
XBOX SpatCat
Switch SW-7207-9846-5006

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Does anyone actually play D2R non expansion mode? I'm not quite sure I even know how to install that lol
Probably because you don't install that :P
It's a simple toggle during character creation.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...