Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
175 replies   71488 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

I've been wondering, could it be possible to add the time/date of the last confirmed Walk on the servers?

Could help know if a 5/6 going to 1/6 means it got trolled, or if a Walk happened so it reset.

(Then again, I suppose this won't be as useful when people will need to register to make any change).
I really doubt that will do anything. It takes all of 15 seconds to make a new account... It doesn't even require email confirmation. (Not that that would prevent anything.) Temp email services are everywhere.

The only way you make a system like this work would be to tie it into a form of real ID. My suggestion would make it require a username registered to a Discord that requires SMS verification.

I've been a troll in various places for years, and that was the only system that ever stopped me. :)
you mean like the one that keeps putting 5/6 status on americas sc/expansion lol some people really have nothing better to do than prove they have absolutely nothing to do. Now if there was an actual address linked and confirmed to each account lol they wouldnt troll, cause we all know trolls only do it cause noone knows who they are. and just to prove no life i just reset to actual status of the server took 7 seconds to put back to 5/6 lol
Yeah Yoshi i'm seeing that too. I've been ignoring it and just spamming /uberdiablo as i play

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)
It's childish more than it is trolling imho

Amethia83 wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah Yoshi i'm seeing that too. I've been ignoring it and just spamming /uberdiablo as i play
Been happening all day today. I reset the status several times and I gave up. The tool is becoming quite useless at this rate even though we want the users to adjust to the new tool. At this point, I highly doubt that this is happening due to user's genuine curiosity on the status changes or mistake.
Teebling did mention that he would address it after his vacation, so all we can do is wait patiently. Luckily it isnt Ladder yet, its a good test until it goes live

Just goes to show how bored people must be to tamper with it like that.

mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
I've been wondering, could it be possible to add the time/date of the last confirmed Walk on the servers?

Could help know if a 5/6 going to 1/6 means it got trolled, or if a Walk happened so it reset.

(Then again, I suppose this won't be as useful when people will need to register to make any change).
maybe even something like a box that says what the previous status was, so that if it jumped from 2-5 you would know someone is trippin
For now, we'll just have to rely on one another. Thanks to everyone that's tried to keep it set accurately.

Like I said in an earlier post, having registered users only + code logic like only allowing 1 level of progression at a time, so people can't go from 1/6 to 5/6, etc. Also, when it's 6/6, only allowing the value to be reset to 1/6, etc. There's more complex programming logic you can get into, but Teebling and the other mods/admins can likely figure out best and what that balance should be.
Yeah first and foremost, as mentioned, user accounts only. Next step would be showing who adjusted it and when. Furthmore would be almost a small Poll ( lets say 3) if 3 agree it is the said level, then maybe it triggers it. etc

About a 'troll detection' based on levels not progressing too quickly: I'm not sure that's ideal;

If random people sell a SoJ here and there sure that'd work, but big clans surely spawn them still, and when you can sell like 5-10 SoJ per seconds, the levels raise quite quickly.
lol yea, i hope he is able to find a work around to deal with the on purpose false reports. i can check, its just the point of this site taking time to make a genuinely great idea for the d2 fans and someone try and ruin it. if this was my neighbor doing this guarantee there would a B slappn happening.
Can any North American expansion player on non console let me know if it is 5/6 or 1/6? The tracker keeps going between the 2 and we don’t have a / command on console to check for ourselves
Someone or multiple persons are definitely relentlessly trolling the NA tracker. It's made it useless.

Bisu 371

PC
Godofpeople wrote: 2 years ago
Can any North American expansion player on non console let me know if it is 5/6 or 1/6? The tracker keeps going between the 2 and we don’t have a / command on console to check for ourselves
Can confirm currently it is 1/6.
Yoshi1981 wrote: 2 years ago
lol yea, i hope he is able to find a work around to deal with the on purpose false reports. i can check, its just the point of this site taking time to make a genuinely great idea for the d2 fans and someone try and ruin it. if this was my neighbor doing this guarantee there would a B slappn happening.
I mean, it was advertised on Reddit, so it was only a matter of time before the trolls arrived.

Schnorki 3214Moderator

PC
Good lord..Americas still being perma-trolled?
Starting to think someone actually built a script for that one..

Anyways, until Teeb is back and this can be addressed, I propose we make sure that an actual change is posted about here as well so that folks do know when something is indeed moving. Given, we were already doing that anyways but so long as the troll is that active, there isn't much of an alternative.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Good lord..Americas still being perma-trolled?
Starting to think someone actually built a script for that one..

Anyways, until Teeb is back and this can be addressed, I propose we make sure that an actual change is posted about here as well so that folks do know when something is indeed moving. Given, we were already doing that anyways but so long as the troll is that active, there isn't much of an alternative.
Yeah better to check updates from this thread instead. or maybe there's a thread already for it? at least here we can see the people making the update. right now it's just 1/6 -
Terror
gazes upon Sanctuary for NA

Teebling 5893Admin

Europe PC
Yeah some cunt is hitting it with a script atm. Think I might be able to code on my phone lol, see what I can do.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...