diablo2.io is supported by ads
175 replies   71359 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
Feuerswut wrote: 2 years ago
There HAS to be an API, it just isnt DOCUMENTED and PUBLIC.
You're probably right. What I mean then is a publicly and fully official accessible API, like they have for WoW and other titles. That's not a thing yet for D2R as you know.

You wouldn't need to do any of that API digging to automate the game creation though - you can do it easily with python already - using image recognition libraries with a clicker.

yes it would be "illegal"

License Limitations. Blizzard may suspend or revoke your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

Derivative Works: Copy or reproduce (except as provided in Section 1.B.), translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on or related to the Platform.
Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:
cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;

-> bots; i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Game, or any other feature of the Platform, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game;

at least in NA
https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal/fb ... -agreement

Now the risk is quite low in my opinion. You arent ruining the game for others or lagging the servers. You might even ask Blizzard for a site that does that or for authorization of a bot of this kind and they'd probably agree (if you arent talking to corporate but devs)

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
Feuerswut wrote: 2 years ago
Now the risk is quite low in my opinion. You arent ruining the game for others or lagging the servers. You might even ask Blizzard for a site that does that or for authorization of a bot of this kind and they'd probably agree (if you arent talking to corporate but devs)
Agreed.

It's just a matter of finding someone who would write a battle-hardened python script to do it - I don't mind paying for 3 additional game copies and running it in the background if someone builds it.

I have an API built already for the dclone tracker here, right now it just lets you pull data but can easily add on endpoints that a python script could submit status updates to automatically.

And yeah btw Schnorki, I am happy talking about this in the open. Seems Blizz don't care enough to respond to my many legit emails that I have sent over the last 6 months asking for this kind of data through an official API. So far as I see it we as the community should be filling the gap for them.

That all being said, this just seems like an invite in my opinion:

https://develop.battle.net/documentation

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
An invite to what though? There's no D2R public facing API, and the Bnet API is restricted to just basic things like Oauth logins (I know this because the site is connected through that same developer portal to the Bnet login API).

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
And yeah btw Schnorki, I am happy talking about this in the open. Seems Blizz don't care enough to respond to my many legit emails that I have sent over the last 6 months asking for this kind of data through an official API. So far as I see it we as the community should be filling the gap for them.
Been wondering what made you change your mind on that :)

And let's be honest..some player doing this will make things better for everyone, including blizz. Their idiotic intended solution of constant region-switching and logging over just to keep spamming the same damn command in all regions on a regular basis is not just plain stupid, it also creates unnecessary load on their end. Reducing that to one entity who then communicates it to everyone via a tracker here...win win win.
I think since all regions are accessible to players anyway, they may as well just make dclone walks a global event. At this point worrying about the impact on anni prices is moot, they're bordering on worthless anyway, unless perfect. Also, does someone keep pushing americas back down to 1/6? I'm currently camping and checking regularly and it's been 2/6 for a while.
OP
America 4/6 friends

PC #Spateezus1673
PSN SpatCat
XBOX SpatCat
Switch SW-7207-9846-5006
OP
5/6 ! Get in a NA game !

PC #Spateezus1673
PSN SpatCat
XBOX SpatCat
Switch SW-7207-9846-5006

Bisu 369

PC
My tracker is stuck at 2/6 again, so I'll reading updates from everyone instead
Hmm, I was in a NA game for hours and it's been at 2 the whole time, I closed d2 and reopened and same thing.
well I closed d2 and battlenet app and reopened and it's definitely at 1/6 now so it looks like you got lucky if you saw the walk
Damn. Missed it because the game crashed while I was afk.
Some people are actively reporting lower status level, presumably to increase the chance of people missing the walk. I upgraded the NA status to 2/6 maybe 30 min ago and someone already brought it back down to 1/6. It is 2/6 still though.
Mods, is there a way to see who brought it down and remove that user's ability to change the tracker status?
OP
It's 1/6.
Terror
Gazes upon Sanctuary is 1/6

PC #Spateezus1673
PSN SpatCat
XBOX SpatCat
Switch SW-7207-9846-5006
OP
I brought it down because Americas are on Gazes, not approaches Sanctuary

PC #Spateezus1673
PSN SpatCat
XBOX SpatCat
Switch SW-7207-9846-5006
Dude, I am in an "Americas" game right now and it is on "approaches" status. Someone else confirm please.
OP
Read above. It seems like a bunch of people are having issues with seeing it be 2/6. Americas just popped an hour ago. It's at 1/6.

PC #Spateezus1673
PSN SpatCat
XBOX SpatCat
Switch SW-7207-9846-5006
there was something broken on NA, as i had my character parked, didnt got any msg that it went from 2/6 to 6/6, but still spawned (like, hour ago or something)
Yeah I was in a game when Americas popped earlier tonight and I am still in the same game and it says "approaches Sanctuary."

Edit: okay sorry I was wrong about that. A new game still showed "approaches" but after closing b.net and restarting it shows "gazes" now. Thought that was odd but I didn't know it was buggy.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...