Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
38 replies   4906 views

Description

Hello all,

I recently took 3x3 keys and killed all those minibosses but am worried my summoner won't have the damage for the Ubers themselves. What is a budget build that could take ubers down? I want to be able to get my own torches :-)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello all,

I recently took 3x3 keys and killed all those minibosses but am worried my summoner won't have the damage for the Ubers themselves. What is a budget build that could take ubers down? I want to be able to get my own torches :-)

All Prices Negotiable :-)
Hey there. Do you need help killing
Uber Tristram
? If you do add me and I'll help you out for free. Don't want your keys to go to waste. As for a summoner build for Ubers, I have little knowledge in that matter. But if you need help for now add me
I run ubers with my summoner and it's definitely not the easiest feat in the world. Some form of
Teleport
is an absolute must in order to
Concentrate
your army. I haven't had to call for help yet but I've been close once or twice when I wasn't able to get clean pulls and had to do several re-stocks on my summons.
OP
Xanhast wrote: 2 years ago
Uber Tristram
? If you do add me and I'll help you out for free. Don't want your keys to go to waste. As for a summoner build for Ubers, I have little knowledge in that matter. But if you need help for now add me
Hi Xan,

I appreciate the offer, but I am hoping to clear it on my own. I have the three bits but didn't open trist yet since i was worried about being able to beat it. And i didn't necessarily mean summoner builds, i figured i would probably end up making a designated char for Uber Trist, but was wondering what i could build on my limited budget (i have terrible luck with runes, the highest that has ever dropped for me was
Vex
lol)

If it doesn't look too feasible, though, i may just take you up on your offer :-)

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
If you're interested I could just stand in town and only help if you need it. That way you can try it out and see if your build can solo it. If it doesn't work I can get your body. It would make it slightly more difficult with increased players count.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Summoners are generally able to run ubers once they're geared enough. If you want to see if you can without risk, just make sure someone who can bail you out is online and ready to help (I can offer my services for that - free of
Charge
of course). So even if it does go wrong, you don't lose your torch over it. Just keep your helper out of the game while he's not needed as him being in-game will make it significantly harder for you since your
Revive
's crushing won't be nearly as effective.

If it works out, great, you don't need any other char just for that.
If it just baaarely doesn't work out, you probably just need a little more gear.
And if it doesn't work out and you do use the waiting helper, then at least you know you really do need something else at which point a smiter is the easiest thing to get going for ubers on a budget.
Seamus McNugget wrote: 2 years ago
Xanhast wrote: 2 years ago
Uber Tristram
Hi Xan,

I appreciate the offer, but I am hoping to clear it on my own. I have the three bits but didn't open trist yet since i was worried about being able to beat it. And i didn't necessarily mean summoner builds, i figured i would probably end up making a designated char for Uber Trist, but was wondering what i could build on my limited budget (i have terrible luck with runes, the highest that has ever dropped for me was
Vex
lol)

If it doesn't look too feasible, though, i may just take you up on your offer :-)
All good! For a Uber specialized character on a budget would be, in my opinion, the budget smiter/poor man's smiter paladin. You can definitely build one up with a
Vex
rune and even much much less. There are other builds like the
Zeal
Sorceress (expensive) and Fury Druid (you can build one budget but it can be a little sketchy on the ubers). I'm sure there are a few others but for the best return on investment I would say smiter. Hope that answers your question.
OP
Cool, i am not familiar with that. what items do i need and what should i skill to get it done?

OP
I have also heard good things about kicksins, are they tough to build?

Hello all,

Hi Seamus, I'm in the process to make a try like yours... can you share more info about your summoner build?

DiabloDeDeadpool wrote: 2 years ago
May the loot be with you...
For the smitter it is pretty simple and very cheap. most expensive gear is probably the
Dracul's Grasp
that cost a Pull.

weapon: Black runeword (cheaper), or better
Heaven's Light
with 3 skills and 2 sockets with
Shael
head: guillaume face with ias/res jewel,
shield: a 4os
Targe
with 30 res and 4
Perfect Diamond
(cheaper) or a cheap
Herald Of Zakarum
(better),
gloves:
Dracul's Grasp
shoes:
Goblin Toe
, or
Gore Rider

Belt
:
Thundergod's Vigor
rings:
Raven Frost
Dwarf Star
Amu : cat's eye, highlord or mara depending on what you have and your budget.
weapon switch:
Life Tap
Wand
bought from merchant and or Call To Arms + Spirit
armor: one Treachery to proc in flames before going and one
Guardian Angel
charms: all the res and life you can find

For skills you need 20 in
Smite
( though 1 point is enough), 20 in holly shield, 20 in
Defiance
(optional but improves
Holy Shield
), and 20 in
Fanaticism
. Any additional points can go to Ifre/ cold resis as every 2 skills will passively grant you +1 max resist to that element.

You get in
Uber Tristram
with Treachery, go in the flame, proc it, go back to town to heal and switch to
Guardian Angel
Go back to
Tristram
, buff cta if you have it, switch to
Life Tap
Wand
Move slithgly south, agro mephi move a bit north and
Life Tap
him. switch back to
Smite
/
Fanaticism
and
Smite
him to Death.
Refuel pots if needed then proceed south to deal with diablo and
Baal
if possible one at a time.
make sure to save game name and password in case you die so that you can leave and come back easily if you need several attempts.

I do not even have a dedicated smitter, just a hammerdin with 1 point in
Smite
and 1 in
Fanaticism
and it is still really easy, but with a better gear by now (only differences are Grief for weapon and Exile for the shield with mara and cta). Only case i fail is when i try to fight them all at the same time.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
I have also heard good things about kicksins, are they tough to build?
Kicksins are strong against ubers but not as budget friendly as smiters.
I like this guide: https://d2.maxroll.gg/guides/dragon-talon-assassin
OP
OrcozZio wrote: 2 years ago
Hello all,

Hi Seamus, I'm in the process to make a try like yours... can you share more info about your summoner build?
Certainly. It isn't really a pure summoner build but that is the easiest way to describe it and how i generally think of it. I max skellies, skelleton mastery, and one point in the whole tree to
Summon Resist
. one point in the curse tree to
Decrepify
and i maxed
Bone Spear
and
Teeth
. the rest of the points in skellie mages cause i like them, not cause they are good lol. i never liked the
Revive
spell. i know it is good, but i don't enjoy the playstyle of it.

I have
Chance Guards
Goldwrap
(upped for
Belt
slots),
Boneshade
(+3
Spear
, +5
Teeth
), Spirit, the Bone runeword, yellow
Boots
, a
Circlet
with +2 necro skills, a yellow amulet, and two naglerings (26 and 28 MF). I also traded for a torch for him, have one skiller, and a bunch of res and magic find charms.

I use the skellies and
Clay Golem
to tank, curse with decripify or
Amplify Damage
as the situation warrants, and kill with bonespear. I was in almost no risk of dying against the minibosses, but damage was a bit lacking and took forever (and several minon refills) to kill Lillith

OP
Frac127 wrote: 2 years ago
For the smitter it is pretty simple and very cheap. most expensive gear is probably the
Dracul's Grasp
that cost a Pull.

weapon: Black runeword (cheaper), or better
Heaven's Light
with 3 skills and 2 sockets with
Shael
head: guillaume face with ias/res jewel,
shield: a 4os
Targe
with 30 res and 4
Perfect Diamond
(cheaper) or a cheap
Herald Of Zakarum
(better),
gloves:
Dracul's Grasp
shoes:
Goblin Toe
, or
Gore Rider

Belt
:
Thundergod's Vigor
rings:
Raven Frost
Dwarf Star
. Amu : cat's eye, highlord or mara depending on what you have and your budget.
weapon switch:
Life Tap
Wand
bought from merchant and or Call To Arms + Spirit
armor: one Treachery to proc in flames before going and one
Guardian Angel
charms: all the res and life you can find

For skills you need 20 in
Smite
( though 1 point is enough), 20 in holly shield, 20 in
Defiance
(optional but improves
Holy Shield
), and 20 in
Fanaticism

you get in
Uber Tristram
with Treachery, go in the flame, proc it, go back to town to heal and switch to
Guardian Angel
go back to
Tristram
, buff cta if you have it, switch to
Life Tap
Wand
move slithgly south, agro mephi move a bit north and laife tap him. switch back to
Smite
/fanatism and
Smite
him to Death.
refuel pots if needed then proceed south to deal with diablo and ball if possible one at a time.
make sure to save game name and password in case you die so that you can leave and come back easily if you need several attempts.

I do not even have a dedicated smitter, just a hammerdin with 1 point in
Smite
and 1 in
Fanaticism
and it is still really easy, but with a better gear by now (only differences are Grief for weapon and Exile for the shield with mara and cta). Only case i fail is when i try to fight them all at the same time.
I actually already have a lot of that gear. Why
Thundergod's Vigor
on the
Belt
instead of verdungo or something with res? just the lightning absorb? (honestly asking to learn, not being a smartass)

Yes the + light res and lightning absorb is more important for meph. Some people switch it for verdungo or
String of Ears
to fight Diablo and
Baal
but i find it is useless. But if you already have them just go with it and try it should not make a huge difference.

I also forgot to say that if you have a dedicated smitter, you can drop some skills in cold or fire resist aura as every 2 skills passively grant to +1 max resist to those element.
To add to the posts above: Lightning res (or absorb, I suppose) is extremely important because Meph takes down your resistance by A LOT, and his lightning attacks are brutal. (Got one-shot by them often enough, before I started stacking the res).

Once Meph is down, Diablo/
Baal
usually go down easy, because you have your resistance back up, and they don't do that much other than summoning minions.

They're much easier than
Lilith
. (though if you did
Lilith
on a summoner you might not know how hard she hits hah; She hits like a truck).
Yes, the only trick is not to get stuck by the minions or in a Bone cage. and it can get a bit hard to target diablo and
Baal
because of the crowd. Meph lowers your res by 125%.
OP
I found a neat site that lets you fiddle with builds. I statted this out, do you think it would be enough? (I have most of this, but still need to buy the
Flail
and the gloves)

https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/dr01067g

OP
mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
To add to the posts above: Lightning res (or absorb, I suppose) is extremely important because Meph takes down your resistance by A LOT, and his lightning attacks are brutal. (Got one-shot by them often enough, before I started stacking the res).

Once Meph is down, Diablo/
Baal
usually go down easy, because you have your resistance back up, and they don't do that much other than summoning minions.

They're much easier than
Lilith
. (though if you did
Lilith
on a summoner you might not know how hard she hits hah; She hits like a truck).
Really? I would have thought ubers would be harder than Lillith. She hit hard (chewed through my minions) but do you think i could probably take her with my build as is?

Really? I would have thought ubers would be harder than Lillith. She hit hard (chewed through my minions) but do you think i could probably take her with my build as is?
Meph is harder, but the other two are easy. Meph >
Lilith
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Izual
>
Duriel
>
Baal
> Diablo is how I'd rank them.

I'm not sure about your build, but my paladin (decently geared) needs to make sure to life steal between all her attacks, because if she highroll her hits she can two shot me.

Always make sure to carry rejuv pots for this fight, helps a lot. Oh, and never fight her when you have
Amplify Damage
(her minions cast it all the time), can turn her two-shots into one-shots!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...