Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   1639 views

Description

I used to dabble in D2 back in the olden days, but I never really got past Nightmare or knew how to play effectively. Now, a buddy of mine and I are about to try our first Ubers for D2R. He's a mostly-geared Smiter, I've got a mostly-geared flashdancer/kicksin. Hopefully, we won't embarrass ourselves, but just in case we biff it, is anyone available to save our asses?

Thanks!
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

I used to dabble in D2 back in the olden days, but I never really got past Nightmare or knew how to play effectively. Now, a buddy of mine and I are about to try our first Ubers for D2R. He's a mostly-geared Smiter, I've got a mostly-geared flashdancer/kicksin. Hopefully, we won't embarrass ourselves, but just in case we biff it, is anyone available to save our asses?

Thanks!
Fully equipped smiter here. I could do it even if all 3 are in the portal at once (Also Hoost and Endboss are fully equipped)

However, you guys will make it!!! (take it slowly, perhaps clearing areas and creating safe spaces, as well as luring
Mephisto
out from the other pack).

Also, tell us a story about how all the ordeal went (just for fun)

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Schnorki 3171Moderator

PC
If you need help, feel free to reach out. On now and happy to take them down for you if needed.
Gl bud, looking forward to gearing a smiter myself and do ubers with a couple under-geared friends.

lf godly plate of the whale
OP
WE DID IT! HUZZAH!

Editing in the ordeal now

So, as I said, this was my first ubers; however, my buddy, @bibli0, was a much more meta player back in the Oldened Dayes; he had run many ubers prior to today, just none in D2R. And... well, he knew what he was doing.

Eventually.

Nervously, we stood before the Portal to
Lilith
's lair, and I did my usual precombat dance: weapon swap,
Burst of Speed
Shadow Master
, Toxic. 45 res all, maxed attack speed, lots of lifeleech and mana leech. We got this! I got this.

I did not got this.

We got to
Lilith
, and promptly died. We swapped in and out to get the bodies back, restocked our pots, and went back in. And died. Third time's the charm- and died.

Finally, the Smiter switched from Black to to my extra Crescent Moon, dropping his Crushing Blow to 40%. And I gave up on
Burst of Speed
and went with
Fade
, maxing my resists. And then, it started to work.
Lilith
fell! Celebration ensued.

The next portal was, of course,
Duriel
- and, in proper
Duriel
fashion, he spawned immediately next to the portal and had already hit me before I'd finished loading in. Luckily, riding high on confidence, I kicked my life back up, and watched with glee as, positioned opposite one another, I Chun-Li'd and he Captain America'd the shit out of the giant Ice maggot hydralisk wannabe.
Izual
went down just as quickly.

Uber Tristram
proved... trickier. We biffed it against
Mephisto
once, and then I started to panic. But @bibli0 kept his cool, pulled the Ubers apart, and we proceeded to tag-team them into oblivion one half-dozen kicks and shield
Bash
at a time.
Ok, nice!!! any particular details on how it went?

Edit: Nice!!! Im glad you guys did not give up on
Lilith

Lo
Wisp Projector
OP
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
Ok, nice!!! any particular details on how it went?

Like, did you guys cleared everything?
Yeah, edited my victory post with some deets. Got interrupted in the middle by girl scouts selling cookies and the torch-for-4x3 trade, but it's written up now.

I should definitely not quit my programming job to start a career in creative writing, though, so... it's not elegant or anything.
OP
Aaaand TWO! That worked well.
Illdaren wrote: 2 years ago
Aaaand TWO! That worked well.
Good job, guys! My first one did not go as clean as yours, back in 2004 or 2005 it was. People involved still remember it as if it was only 10 years ago.
OP
Cryptography wrote: 2 years ago
Good job, guys! My first one did not go as clean as yours, back in 2004 or 2005 it was. People involved still remember it as if it was only 10 years ago.
#1 was a shitshow, as documented above. #2 went so smoothly I was stunned. #3 was right back to shitshow status - those damn Physical immune swarms on the
Duriel
level were a nightmare for us. We took a break between getting the organs and doing
Uber Tristram
, but we got back to it tonight and wrapped it up nicely.

Now to sell the torches, and see how we can do better next time!
Awesome, my husband and I tried our first
Uber Tristram
in 18+ years (since d2lod maybe not that long maybe longer lol) a month ago. Lets just say it did not go as easy as we thought, we paged @Hoost07 and he came in to clean it up for us. Now we run ubers all the time easy and safe. Cheers hope u got some nice torches!

Add Britt1224#1885 for quickest response. If it is posted it is for trade still!

Always buying
Perfect Gems
. Ill buy as many as you have! Add me so we can work the deal out!
OP
britt1224 wrote: 2 years ago
Uber Tristram
in 18+ years (since d2lod maybe not that long maybe longer lol) a month ago. Lets just say it did not go as easy as we thought, we paged @Hoost07 and he came in to clean it up for us. Now we run ubers all the time easy and safe. Cheers hope u got some nice torches!
We sold the first torch unid'd for another
Key
set, and ID'd the next two we got - a good Necro torch, and a bad Storch. My buddy is selling the Necro torch, while I'm using the STorch 'til I find a buyer for it.

Even after the first two successes, I found it super stressful. I had thought I was adequately geared, but my kicksin needs a lot more love before she'll be up to soloing Ubers, let alone offering more than a "and I helped!" like I did yesterday. But, if we can do it three times, then we can farm 'em, and all we need to do is keep the keys coming in so we can keep practicing and getting better.
britt1224 wrote: 2 years ago
Uber Tristram
We sold the first torch unid'd for another
Key
set, and ID'd the next two we got - a good Necro torch, and a bad Storch. My buddy is selling the Necro torch, while I'm using the STorch 'til I find a buyer for it.

Even after the first two successes, I found it super stressful. I had thought I was adequately geared, but my kicksin needs a lot more love before she'll be up to soloing Ubers, let alone offering more than a "and I helped!" like I did yesterday. But, if we can do it three times, then we can farm 'em, and all we need to do is keep the keys coming in so we can keep practicing and getting better.
Your motivation makes me want to jump in with my Barb, use dual angelics and
Demon Limb
, and try to uber myself.

Lo
Wisp Projector
OP
[...]
Demon Limb
Well, if you don't already have one, I can provide you with a 10/15 Barb torch to get you started on that journey! I got it more or less for free and it's next to useless to me, so I don't mind giving it away.

Also, dual Angelics? I didn't think Magic Find would have any effect at all on
Key
, Organ, or Torch drops. Is that just for the mobs on the way to them?
[...]
Demon Limb
Well, if you don't already have one, I can provide you with a 10/15 Barb torch to get you started on that journey! I got it more or less for free and it's next to useless to me, so I don't mind giving it away.

Also, dual Angelics? I didn't think Magic Find would have any effect at all on
Key
, Organ, or Torch drops. Is that just for the mobs on the way to them?
I think you are confusing Tancred's set with Angelic set (nvm saw that 3 pieces of angelic also boost mf, but you need 3).

Dual angelics give Attack Rating based on lvl (lvl 92 barb = ton of AR).
Demon Limb
is to further increase AR. Would be rocking Duress, and have Treachery and a lifetap
Wand

My weapon selection would be Death/Grief, mostly for the crushing blow and damage.

I am just very risk-averse to try it out, mostly going with my Paladin

Lo
Wisp Projector
OP
Pardon me for nephalem-splaining, but
Dracul's Grasp
is another good source of Lifetap if you don't want to use a swap
Wand

Also, I hadn't considered the attack rating bonus from the rings. Totally missed that! In retrospect, it's obvious.

But, yeah, give it a try! The worst case scenario is that it goes poorly and you get someone else to hold the game for you while you switch to a character who can finish the job.

Now... I wonder if there's a Sorceress build capable of soloing Ubers...

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Now... I wonder if there's a Sorceress build capable of soloing Ubers...
Funny enough, I think melee sorcs can be built around
Zeal
to solo them.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...