Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   667 views

Description

Hi,

maybe this is already implemented and i'm to dumb to find it but is it possible to get default settings for the filters when searching in trades?
Development of new features and improvements is now frozen. Feedback remains open, just don't expect me to fulfil any requests you may have. See the Continuous Development Log if you're interested in past releases.
read that, don't have any expectations. though i know that most programmers do have some kind of to-do list where this could maybe find a place on if anything picks up steam again ;)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi,

maybe this is already implemented and i'm to dumb to find it but is it possible to get default settings for the filters when searching in trades?
Development of new features and improvements is now frozen. Feedback remains open, just don't expect me to fulfil any requests you may have. See the Continuous Development Log if you're interested in past releases.
read that, don't have any expectations. though i know that most programmers do have some kind of to-do list where this could maybe find a place on if anything picks up steam again ;)

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
Hey Flippy :) There's a button for it on the page, do you mean for them to be selected automatically when you load the page?

OP
Teebling wrote: 6 months ago
Hey Flippy :) There's a button for it on the page, do you mean for them to be selected automatically when you load the page?
to be honest, i've actually have not seen that button. But this ticks only 3 boxes for me, WTS/WTB and Active/Sold still don't get checked. Furthermore when i use the Price checker i need to lookup the item first, then display the results and then i can filter everything. It's not unbearable just a minor inconvinience.

What i had in mind with my original Post was something like Looking up the item and having the search button display the results directly with the (prior selected) default filter. Basically like you've said

My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
Sure I can see the pain point here - annoying extra clicks.

This issue has come round full circle many times - it actually used to be the case that options would autofill for you based on profile preferences - but then many complaints came in so we solved for it with a 'select defaults' button wherever needed, and auto-behaviour is not to populate any filters.

I could go further next patch and add some kind of user control panel option called 'always autofill my filter preferences on page load' - that is opt-in only - and allows for the original behaviour.

It wouldn't however hit the Active/Sold or WTB/WTS boxes, so I'd have to add some default settings for those in the edit profile page as well.

Would that be a good fix for this?

OP
Teebling wrote: 6 months ago
I could go further next patch and add some kind of user control panel option called 'always autofill my filter preferences on page load' - that is opt-in only - and allows for the original behaviour.
if this system is still "somewhere", it's still compatible and just needs to be reactivated (with a toggle slapped on top of it), sure that sounds like a solid and practical solution. Maybe give people the option to select / deselect what options they can have auto filled (not needed for me but maybe some other people could make use of that).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...