Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   400 views

Description

Hey all!

I had myself a hiatus of sort playing D2. Since the good son, to home, always returns (as the popular saying in Brazil), i'm thinking about starting a (or a few) solo char, so i can self found everything (maybe run the graal?). A new challenge of sorts.

Hoping, with this post, to get some tips from you and hear from your experiences on SSF chars.

And, since we are already here: playing hardcore changes the loot drop in any way, or hardcore is only for the challenge?

Thanks!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey all!

I had myself a hiatus of sort playing D2. Since the good son, to home, always returns (as the popular saying in Brazil), i'm thinking about starting a (or a few) solo char, so i can self found everything (maybe run the graal?). A new challenge of sorts.

Hoping, with this post, to get some tips from you and hear from your experiences on SSF chars.

And, since we are already here: playing hardcore changes the loot drop in any way, or hardcore is only for the challenge?

Thanks!
I play ssf offline, it’s fun, but be warned: it’s a looooong journey. I’m over a year into it and there’s still a handful of items left to drop for me.

I’m 95% sure the drops in hardcore are the same, it’s just an extra challenge. Personally I wouldn’t do hardcore as there’s lots of things that can still kill you through no fault of your own, and if you lose a fully gear character that can really suck. I also wouldn’t mix playing hardcore and regular, as your shared stash isn’t accessible to both.

Other than that the first bit of your SSF journey will be fun, about up to act 5 hell. By that time you’ll need to start grinding for decent gear… and be ready for that grind. Uniques, runes, bases, they all take really long to drop, and to farm them efficiently you need the good gear, which when your starting out takes quite a while.

But in the end it’s very satisfying, everything you find is yours and you know, and will probably remember when/where it dropped.

I’ve posted lots of SSF topics, most should help out in some small way

Enjoy!
OP
Thanks for the answer, Nate!

I'm not a stranger for grinding, and the possibility of playing in players 8 is a plus for better drops.

I'll let you know when i start my ssf journey. And good luck on your drops!
GoMule for D2R is a fantastic muling program. It is java based, so available on PC only.

Drop chances do not change between softcore and hardcore.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...