Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   740 views

Description

Hi

For itens that we could gamble or craft, and we don't really want any of the unique affixes of the crafted version (so in practive we are crafting just to get a random rare with guarantee 4 affixes)

Do you normally gamble, craft or do both?

(In special i'm seeking for rare gloves and rings)

I think craft is cooler 😝, but I starting to think if, on the long run, trading runes/gems for money (probably for
Ist
that then trade for 10 MM) and gamble (which have ~10% to be rare) will not end up giving you more "shots" 🤔
(and it has a chance to get 5-6 affixes... but, yeah...may get only 3 too 😢)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

For itens that we could gamble or craft, and we don't really want any of the unique affixes of the crafted version (so in practive we are crafting just to get a random rare with guarantee 4 affixes)

I think craft is cooler 😝, but I starting to think if, on the long run, trading runes/gems for money (probably for
Ist
that then trade for 10 MM) and gamble (which have ~10% to be rare) will not end up giving you more "shots" 🤔

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Schnorki 3192Moderator

PC
It sounds to me like rare is the obvious answer here.

They would be more rare (no pun intended), obviously, but if you specifically don't want any of the crafting affixes, a rare can offer you up to 6 affixes you do want whereas a crafted item would
Cap
out at 4 you may want and a few you already know you don't want, making it inherently significantly worse.

Side note/edit:
"more rare" may not even really be true, depending on how you look at it. Sure, you'll gamble a ton of non-rares but realistically, gold is so crazy easy/fast to farm (assuming you have a proper gold farmer) that you may still get more or at least the same # of rares/time vs. crafts/time if you farm to afford those instead.
I always gamble for my crafting bases, mainly gloves and amulets. Its a "two birds with one Stone" scenario for me. I have gambled many 2/20 gloves and good amulets this way. Just sold a rare gambled lld amulet last night for 10
Jah
:)

But for gambling I've got a trav zerker with about 2200 gold find. On TZ Trav I average 800k gold per run. Non-TZ is about 550k gold.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
I mean, I always gamble. You have to do something with all that gold you make, right? Gold itself is nearly worthless, but if you just don't pick it up (or use some inventory space to vendor some items) you're basically leaving effectively "free" items of the base of your choice on the table! That said, I do use certain crafting recipes.

To really compare the two, we have to examine the differences:
  • Crafting an item guarantees a rare, but it's a lot more expensive: on average you'll get a rare every 9 items you gamble, so that's around 400-600k gold, compared to a perfect gem, rune, and jewel. It's trivial to get more of the former, but less so for the latter. For trading-wise, it seems people do trade gold at 10M for 1x
    Ist
    , which gives us a price of 20 random rares for an
    Ist
    . Meanwhile you'd get just 20 pGems for one
    Ist
    , and then another to get the runes, and maybe half that for the jewels... So you're talking 2-3 times as much. (That said, trading for gold seems like such a pain...)
  • Granted, with crafting you Guarantee the base tier of the item, while for gambling it'll usually be standard, so you'll have to use the recipes to upgrade the item to Exceptional/Elite.
  • Yes, there's emphasis is on the "fixed" mods for a crafted item vs. having up to 6 mods, though this might actually be one of the smaller issues at play. What gets overlooked often is that The guaranteed mods can roll alongside normal mods and stack with them, letting you roll items with a mod higher than possible with a rare. (E.g,
    Safety Gloves
    can have up to 40% cold resist, even though rare gloves cannot have more than 30% of each resist)
  • It's worth noting that not all crafted item recipes are equal. Each "theme" (blood vs. caster vs. hit power vs. safety) has 2 mods for all items, and then a third that varies depending on the specific slot. Most of these aren't great, but a few of them are phenomenal.
That last one is the most critical reason why certain items get crafted. While a few are fairly solid (safety items all having a usable defensive mod like resists or block is nice) two recipes stand above all the others:
  • Recipe: Caster Amulet
    is the only way to get the true perfect BiS amulet for caster-based builds. It has a guaranteed FCR of 5-10%, and as mentioned above, can stack with the "of the Apprentice" suffix. This is the only way to get any amulet with an FCR above 10%, and can reach 20%. For a lot of characters & builds, the extra 10% FCR here is often what lets you hit the last theoretically possible breakpoint for cast times, so that's a huge bump. Getting an amulet with +2 class skills, ~20% FCR, and stats/resists will be a huge upgrade over, say,
    Mara's Kaleidoscope
    . Such amulets are exceedingly rare, and valuable as a result... If you can find players that have one they'll part with.
  • Recipe: Blood Gloves
    is somewhat parallel to the above: while the amulet is the ultimate BiS for caster builds, a very well-rolled pair of these gloves is the same for attack-based builds. The Blood-craft universal flat life & lifesteal are solid (remember that life cannot roll on rare gloves!) but the star of the show is the glove-specific 5-10% Crushing Blow. This is a universally-sought-after mod for any and all attack builds, (It is the source of the vast majority of your DPS against bosses) and generally you won't be quite hitting 100%, so every extra % matters. The prospect of getting a "20/2" (20% IAS and +2 to a tree for Amazon or Assassin) glove with crushing blow makes them pretty immediately BiS over any other rare/unique for an Amazon or melee Assassin; and even just 20% IAS and crushing blow makes them a very compelling pick for other melee builds. (e.g, Barbarians, Zealadins, and
    Werewolf
    druids)
It's worth noting that the odds of actually hitting those great combinations with those crafting recipes is very small: you should expect to roll the recipe at least a hundred times before you see even something half-decent, and thousands to actually see a jaw-dropping result. By contrast, if you just need something "usable" for your build... Yeah, you can gamble it.

This is where the split comes in: gambling is a low-risk (ironically) move that has a lower maximum reward. Crafted items are the higher-risk, higher-reward route used for much further into the endgame.
OP
ACGIFT wrote: 1 month ago
  • Crafting an item guarantees a rare, but it's a lot more expensive: on average you'll get a rare every 9 items you gamble, so that's around 400-600k gold, compared to a perfect gem, rune, and jewel. It's trivial to get more of the former, but less so for the latter. For trading-wise, it seems people do trade gold at 10M for 1x
    Ist
    , which gives us a price of 20 random rares for an
    Ist
    . Meanwhile you'd get just 20 pGems for one
    Ist
    , and then another to get the runes, and maybe half that for the jewels... So you're talking 2-3 times as much. (That said, trading for gold seems like such a pain...)
I did a similar calculation 👍👍
(that was one of the motivations for creating this topic)

I read that some builds like
Caster Gloves
too for the maek.

OP
Because of stash space issues, and lack of some trades like Gold and
Perfect Ruby
/
Amn
/
Sol
(as a mix)

I decide to stop crafting:
-
Caster Gloves
(
Perfect Amethyst
!!!)
-
Safety Gloves
(
Ral
!!! +
Perfect Emerald
)

But will still craft:
-
Hit Power Gloves
(
Perfect Sapphire
)
-
Blood Gloves
(
Nef
+
Perfect Ruby
)
-
Hit Power Ring
(
Amn
+
Perfect Sapphire
)
-
Blood Ring
(
Sol
+
Perfect Ruby
)

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Of the 4 you describe 3 are good crafting recipes.
However I have a major doubt on
Hit Power Ring
: who would use that ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
As far as I know no build ask specifically for
Hit Power Ring
🤔...
It is just a "shot" on a random 4 affix rare ring (and at the moment I prefer the "1-5 To Dexterity" than the "1-5 To Vitality" from the
Safety Ring
- which requires an
Amn
too)

There are several steps to pigeon hole and keep the desired affixes locked to a certain range. . :)

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
OP
Skaijuice wrote: 3 weeks ago
There are several steps to pigeon hole and keep the desired affixes locked to a certain range. . :)
But you have to guarantee ilevel final 71+ to have 100% chance of 4 affixes 🤔
https://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/i ... tems.shtml

No gloves with 20 ias and 2
Javelin
?
(and maybe resists 😉)

fredkid wrote: 3 weeks ago
Skaijuice wrote: 3 weeks ago
But you have to guarantee ilevel final 71+ to have 100% chance of 4 affixes 🤔
https://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/i ... tems.shtml

No gloves with 20 ias and 2
Javelin
?
(and maybe resists 😉)
AS !!!! OG site with gems hidden in plain 'site' :)

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
fredkid wrote: 1 month ago
Hi

Ist
The one craft I like doing even if I don't care much for the unique affixes is
Safety Boots
(5-10 fire resist is off course nice, but pretty low).
It's probably not worth it, but if I do get a good tri-res boot out of it then they can be valuable even just from 3 affixes so it's not a huge limit it's capped to 4. Mainly I just do it for the fun and because there isn't that much else to use Emeralds on (and
OP
The real life is a little more disappointing that the theory 😛🙁
I gambled 10 MM Gold.
Just Ring and
Leather Gloves
(~36K and ~51K each with Edge and
Gheed's Fortune
)
This gave me ~220 "shots".
I gambled 17 rares on total (12 rings and 5 gloves) ... I was expecting at least 20 😓

(in the end only keep 3 items gambled - 2 magic gloves and 1 rare ring...)

Goggen wrote: 2 weeks ago
there isn't that much else to use Emeralds on (and
I use
Hit Power Gloves
. 20IAS, +2 bow and
Crossbow
or +2 passive, and +knockback gloves sell for $$$$.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation