diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   367 views

Description

So i was playing with my
Vengeance
paladin, who’s merc is sporting Last Wish, and i notice the charged
Bolts
are coming out fairly regularly. It’s a lvl 20 chance to cast on attack-not even on striking!

So that’s a fairly high level, I suppose you could build all the synergies on a sorc, make her attack speed as fast as possible… give her Last Wish, maybe an immortal
Energy Shield
gal.

Anyone ever try that?

Can be used to make Runewords:

So i was playing with my
Vengeance
paladin, who’s merc is sporting Last Wish, and i notice the charged
Bolts
are coming out fairly regularly. It’s a lvl 20 chance to cast on attack-not even on striking!

So that’s a fairly high level, I suppose you could build all the synergies on a sorc, make her attack speed as fast as possible… give her Last Wish, maybe an immortal
Energy Shield
gal.

Anyone ever try that?

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
It sounds like a curiosity at best - but I haven't run the numbers in any detail :)

I think that the fastest attack speed you can get on a normal attack is 10 frames and the proc chance is 20%, giving you an average of one
Charged Bolt
release per 2 seconds, as opposed to
Charged Bolt
cast rate of 7 or 8 frames (depending on if you go for the 105 or 200 FCR breakpoint), meaning 3-4 casts per second. Plus a level 40
Charged Bolt
will probably do more 3-4 times the damage of a level 20 proc'd from Last Wish.

But I mean, if you have a high level sorc and a Last Wish laying around, feed her a token and see how it goes :P

EDIT: For the record, I have been contemplating making a "Charged Boltress" at some point, I have no idea how well it would perform, just an idea I've been toying with.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
That honestly sounds ... horrid ... :)

Even in a PB and with fana, you
Cap
out at 10 frames as a sorc. With a 20% proc chance, that's one cast every 50 frames on average as compared to every 7-8 frames on a real sorc.
Relatively speaking, that puts you at around 15% the dmg of said real sorc.

Additionally, you're looking at lvl 20
Charged Bolt
as opposed to the high 40s which gives you something like 20% of the comparative dmg.

Combined, that's dropping you to ~3% of real sorc dmg.

The lower lvl also means a couple less
Bolts
which takes the ~3% to ~2.75% on close targets.

Or maybe expressed in a more 'fun' way:
You'd need to show up with >36 Last Wish sorcs to get the damage of a single real
Charged Bolt
sorc.

[The above is ignoring the impact of facets thrown into the real sorc's weapon/self-infinity which the LW one can't do either so actually, LW is even worse still]

The only saving grace is that the proc is on attack, rather than on striking, so at least you don't have to worry about hit chance and block and all that.
OP
Yea tried it out with a
Crown of Ages
with 2x+15ias jewels, Chains of Honor, all other IAs gear and Phoenix shield.

It’s not amazing in that it’s fast (I tried it out on P8), because it’s not fast, it’s amazing in that it can handle it at all. With the CoA, Phoenix (
Redemption
),
Energy Shield
, the merc’s holt freeze aura,
Fade
Life Tap
, slows target and crushing blow it turns out to be a really tanky build. It’s a decent boss killer too - but anything wielding Last Wish is.

I tried swapping the CoA for a griffons… made it worse

Maybe using Hustle armour might be better… meh

And turns out the Phoenix’s
Firestorm
was procing more often (should’ve seen that coming!) maybe that’s a better option… meh might as well just play Druid then

Well it was an interesting experiment

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation