Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   1371 views

Description

Hello D2 community !

the question on the one hand is funny on the other hand not very..... Question to those who play or have played on HC.

I play on PS and one of the last achievements to be won is to reach level 99 on HC. How much the Death of a 90+ level character on HC traumatizes the psyche, it's scary to imagine if he died on HC at 98 level.

share the experience of experiencing ^)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Bass 76

Sorceress Europe Playstation
Hello D2 community !

the question on the one hand is funny on the other hand not very..... Question to those who play or have played on HC.

I play on PS and one of the last achievements to be won is to reach level 99 on HC. How much the Death of a 90+ level character on HC traumatizes the psyche, it's scary to imagine if he died on HC at 98 level.

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
Dunno, i lost all my chars to lag/disconnects and i have never even seen the Death screen (5 hc chars till now, not hundreds) but the only one that really hurt was the last one since with that i was able to get a torch, a 20/19/8 anni and craft Death as weapon, it was around lvl 92. But after a day of sadness, this (and the fact that d4 is boring) only made me more willing to play again this season

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
Died to graphic / game freeze lvl 98 harcore diablo 3 when RMAH was still in D3.... was tough made me more or less quit hardcore.. its not fun to die to something you have no control over.

I died at least 1 time on softcore due to game DC in D2R, it made me think back on my hardcore Death again, was so happy it was soft :)
OP

Bass 76

Illusions wrote: 7 months ago
Died to graphic / game freeze lvl 98 harcore diablo 3 when RMAH was still in D3.... was tough made me more or less quit hardcore.. its not fun to die to something you have no control over.

I died at least 1 time on softcore due to game DC in D2R, it made me think back on my hardcore Death again, was so happy it was soft :)
that's what stops me. The number of options, to die due to circumstances beyond your control, on the console is greater .

PSN ID- BassPV77
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !

Takro 13

Europe PC
I play HC on and off, and have lost a few HC characters, no more than 10.

The most memorable is when LOD first came out the first and only lvl90+. I had a level 92 Barb with a
Zod
Eth
Hellslayer
Axe
doing 10k damage. It was just under the archway in the
Throne of Destruction
and my hireling poked a Doll BOOM. I just sat there for a while. My friend loot my body but I never built the same Barb again.

I don't mind so much these days, it is still annoying but I like to play through the game from normal to hell. So it's another excuse to continue lol

TheDoo 237

Europe PC
...or you can set your mindset to "let's see how far can I go" and treat it as a roguelike permadeath game that resets your progress from time to time. And just push the limits every now and again "just a little bit more" until you finally get to 99. It will be sloppy, it will be bloody, but if you have enough determination and stubbornness, you surely can do it! Everyone who played "iron-man mode" in any game knows how bs RNG can be anywhere. That shouldn't stop you to try... It does depend on your mental strength tho, me as someone who absolutely loves save-scumming could never force myself to "suffer" enough to do something like that, but that's just me. :D

But if it was the last achievement in a game for me, then I would find a way to commit to it, because in a game that I really love (like D2) some unreachable goal would always outweight the annoyance, if I'm still playing the game I love (I would leech a positivity of just playing something I like very much).

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
I quit the game for a few years after I got blown up by dolls while teleporting with my fully decked out lvl ~94 SSF summon necro back in LoD. Played on and off for the last decade but stopped playing online entirely after a series of bullshit disconnect deaths. Now I only play hc SSF offline. I’ve had some brutal deaths but I just take it on the chin and rebuild.

I’m now sitting on a lvl 92 ES/
Nova
sorc with lots of magic dmg reduced gear, lvl 92 Hammer / Smiter hybrid with Hoto / Grief / Enigma, and a lvl 86 Summon Necro that I plan to repec to poison as soon as I get a dweb. Oh and lots and lots of mules too, lol.

Schnorki 3200Moderator

PC
TheDoo wrote: 7 months ago
...or you can set your mindset to "let's see how far can I go" and treat as a roguelike permadeath game that resets your progress from time to time. And just push the limits every now and again "just a little bit more" until you finally get to 99. It will be sloppy, it will be bloody, but if you have enough determination and stubbornness, you surely can do it! Everyone who played "iron-man mode" in any game knows how bs RNG can be anywhere. That shouldn't stop you to try... It does depend on your mental strength tho, me as someone who absolutely loves save-scumming couldn't never force myself to "suffer" enough to do something like that, but that's just me. :D

But if it was the last achievement in a game for me, then I would find a way to commit to it, because in a game that I really love (like D2) some unreachable goal would always outweight the annoyance, if I'm still playing the game I love (I would leech a positivity of just playing something I like very much).
I'd love that approach IF it boiled down to you vs. the game.
Unforgiving challenge..hell yeah!

Alas, that is just not reality. More often than not, it simply boils down to you vs. your ISP and/or blizz servers and/or blizz's lack of testing and bugfixing which...that is not a fun game by any means.

Th3ory 425

Paladin Americas PC
Bass wrote: 7 months ago
Hello D2 community !

Jokes Aside, I have played Hardcore Exclusively on D2/D2R for the last 7 or so Years now and I am never going back to Softcore.

When you RIP, you put those Elbows up, drop those F Bombs, smile, and move on.

As much of a nut kicker as it can be especially when you have bad luck with truly unforeseen circumstances, thats part of what you sign up for. Hardcore is certainly not for the faint of heart.

Takro 13

Europe PC
Th3ory wrote: 7 months ago
...Hardcore is certainly not for the faint of heart.
When we see our hp drop in big chunks, we know we will die if we don't react quickly! Spam those full rejuv pots!

I think for us who play HC regularly, it must be that moment of adrenaline rush that brings us back! :)

Th3ory 425

Paladin Americas PC
Takro wrote: 7 months ago
...Hardcore is certainly not for the faint of heart.
When we see our hp drop is big chunks, we know we will die if we don't react quickly! Spam those full rejuv pots!

I think for us who play HC regularly, it must be that moment of adrenaline rush that brings us back! :)
I ripped my grail sorc again for the second time about two weeks ago and not even Juvs would have saved me. We watched it live on my stream slowly tick by tick and I was 187'd in ~2 seconds. I was in LK teleported into the Hut [Super Chests] and landed literally BY EFFING chance, smack in the middle of an Elite Tree Lurker pack with Mana Burn. Before I could even react it was game over as I went in there and moved my cursor over to TK not expecting them to be there.

While I don't die often in HC, i've had two bad rips in the last 3 months, but my offline grail sorc is back to lvl 76 already in A1 Hell.

Fortunately, I only lost 5 Grail items on the rip.

But when in doubt, have Juvs in the
Belt
; I didn't in the above example which is a cardinal sin. But like I said, no way I was living through that with the Juv.

OP

Bass 76

Thanks guys, after reading your answers and watching the Death youtube videos on HC, I realized that the degree of fossilization of my eggs is not yet large enough for HC

PSN ID- BassPV77
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !

Schnorki 3200Moderator

PC
I ripped my grail sorc again for the second time about two weeks ago
So..here's a question to you grailing hardcore-hardcorers..
Does a grail count as a HC grail once you get all of the items or do you have to find all of them on one single char before that char dies? :P
Shared stash makes HC way less painful in my view. I'm with Th3ory and TheDoo on this one: HC gives a different type of game experience/reward. It isn't the loot-based dopamine; it's the I-can't-believe-that-didn't-kill-me-and-sometimes-there's-also-loot feeling.

I don't play HC often, but it is fun if you aren't trying to hoard rewards. It would be nice for the HC trade economy if more folks played.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Th3ory 425

Paladin Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 7 months ago
I ripped my grail sorc again for the second time about two weeks ago
So..here's a question to you grailing hardcore-hardcorers..
Does a grail count as a HC grail once you get all of the items or do you have to find all of them on one single char before that char dies? :P
Definitely the former; eff that noise LOL.

Hard enough completing a HC grail which not many have from what I have picked up. As long as the items are muled then to me its fair game. Otherwise, I would just grail on a Softcore character!

But you need to keep yourself honest with what you lost. I did that each time. First rip I lost and removed 12 items from my grail, and 5 with the second. I think if you have the integrity to be honest about it then that is what is most important.
cristobal03 wrote: 7 months ago
Shared stash makes HC way less painful in my view. I'm with Th3ory and TheDoo on this one: HC gives a different type of game experience/reward. It isn't the loot-based dopamine; it's the I-can't-believe-that-didn't-kill-me-and-sometimes-there's-also-loot feeling.

I don't play HC often, but it is fun if you aren't trying to hoard rewards. It would be nice for the HC trade economy if more folks played.
Exactly. It is the thrill of survival less about the item chase.

I started playing HC on D3, and did that exclusively for a while. Lots of rips to disconnects or client crashes. It was a good way to let go of attachment and just focus on the fun. I haven't gotten to that point with D2R yet, maybe because I haven't hit all my goals. But it's getting close; if I ever get my stupid griff's, I'll probably do quite a bit more HC.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...