Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   666 views

Description

Looks like d4 will have some kind of monetization...
I hope they limit it stash tabs and skins.

https://careers.blizzard.com/global/en/ ... -Diablo-IV

Can be used to make Runewords:

Deleted User 632 0

zilonka wrote: 2 years ago
Looks like d4 will have some kind of monetization...
I hope they limit it stash tabs and skins.

https://careers.blizzard.com/global/en/ ... -Diablo-IV
yea. Cosmetic micro transactions was confirmed back in 2019. you can read about it in the d4 wiki.
Still waiting for the announcement of mtx for D2R. When we get that hot looking new amazon skin.
That does not surprise me at all.

Its 2022 and microtransactions are standard now, we have to accept it.

As long as the purchasable items are only cosmetics and do not change the gameplay, i am ok with it.
the only thing that really worries me is the inclusion of the wording "seasonal content strategy"

I hope seasons are not monetized. I would be fine paying for character customization: special dyes, effects, wings, mounts, whatever, as long as there's free alternatives. I really love d3 seasons, I hope they don't mess up that formula too much.

ATTENTION: I WILL BE MOVING ON JUNE 30TH, ALL TRADES WILL BE PAUSED. FIBER WILL BE INSTALLED ON JULY 5TH, IF YOU PLACE AN OFFER BETWEEN THOSE DAYS I WILL NOT SEE YOUR BIDS UNTIL JULY 6TH.

Tetra 184

Paladin Europe PC
You are free to accept anything (even if it is a your own deficit).
I suppose it just a matter of when you started playing games and also how obstinate your are as a person...

But for me, when I pay SIXTY €/$, I expect:
- A full, working game,
- Without MTX,
- Without ads,
- And without Day1 DLC(s).

If a game company want my money, I want a fair product for a fair price, as is the norm in a capitalist economy for anything else.
Blizzard is no friend to it's customers nor do it own a monopoly to good H&S.
If they go with that F2P monetisation in a paid game, I will either buy it when heavily discounted with all the extensions years after release, or not at all.
It's not like a have a lack of games to play anyway...
To be honest i have lost all hope that d4 is going to be any good. Hope im wrong...il buy it and play it for the story and so on, but i realy dont think Blizzard has it in them to make good games anymore.

───▄▄─▄████▄▐▄▄▄▌
──▐──████▀███▄█▄▌
▐─▌──█▀▌──▐▀▌▀█▀
─▀───▌─▌──▐─▌
─────█─█──▐▌█

Schnorki 3714Moderator

PC
Onibasso wrote: 2 years ago
...but i realy dont think Blizzard has it in them to make good games anymore.
Been saying that for quite a while now. The only reason I got D2:R was the promise that it'd remain D2 and not become modern ActiBlizz trash. But there's a clear 0% chance of me buying any new game of theirs unless Microsoft completely overhauls ActiBlizz and they prove themselves thereafter first. Not because of microtransactions but because of literally everything else from what they still consider "quality" to what is by now among the most pathetic excuses for customer care/support out there.

And to think, they used to be my favorite game developer..way back when that is.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...