Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
83 replies   11703 views

Everything that we, as a community, believe needs to be fixed or improved in D2R

No data yet

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Asha 345

Sorceress Europe PC
Now that 2.4 finally fixed the fire dru spells (not prerequisited by
Hurricane
anymore - Hooray, fck it!!!) - the only thing I personally want is:

Gimme damn /players X in online 😈

They spoke like: "we want to encourage you to coop your efforts, have more fun, be more social, bla-bla..." Bullshit.
On practice - it encourages scummy farmers to invade my trade games, fast-farm and quit. Great - SOO social, indeed.
It encourages another scummies to make lobby games like "O
Sur
N
Ohm
" and fast-farm usin extra ppl from naive/greedy visitors. Yeah, great boost to social...
All loot is visible to everyone. Teaches us to be social to see who needs that "
Diadem
" or "Grand Charm" or "
Sur
" more? A-ha 😁

Come on. Give us the players /ppl 8 command. And THEN - after we got tired of soloing, we may WANT some coop, and do it WILLINGLY - not forced like it is now.
THIS is the proper way to make players more social and cooperative. Dot.
Udyret wrote: 1 year ago
change
Teleport
to not only port the player and minions but also party players in short proximity. meaning you sort of just
Teleport
close to you're friends to pick them up and port them around. or another fun idea. you could also pick up enemies. this could be both a risk and a useful way to round up enemies.
If it was implemented, I guess HC would become SP only (in terms of party size, not offline/online aspect), not counting Tristruns, where no one has access to
Teleport
yet.

Deleted User 632 0

Trang Oul wrote: 1 year ago
Udyret wrote: 1 year ago
change
Teleport
to not only port the player and minions but also party players in short proximity. meaning you sort of just
Teleport
close to you're friends to pick them up and port them around. or another fun idea. you could also pick up enemies. this could be both a risk and a useful way to round up enemies.
If it was implemented, I guess HC would become SP only (in terms of party size, not offline/online aspect), not counting Tristruns, where no one has access to
Teleport
yet.
depending on how you implement it. yea. but we could also have a push this
Key
to prevent
Teleport
. or make it work for enemies only.
007Bistromath wrote: 1 year ago
You know what I think would really fix this the best way it could be fixed? Just make +1
Teleport
something a high ilvl jewel can roll. Stick it in whatever you want that wasn't getting a runeword.
This is honestly the coolest idea / solution in regards to the '
Teleport
problem' I've seen so far.
Really like it, this would be sick :)

My active ladder trades:
-
Druidika wrote: 1 year ago
007Bistromath wrote: 1 year ago
You know what I think would really fix this the best way it could be fixed? Just make +1
Teleport
something a high ilvl jewel can roll. Stick it in whatever you want that wasn't getting a runeword.
This is honestly the coolest idea / solution in regards to the '
Teleport
problem' I've seen so far.
Really like it, this would be sick :)
What about a jewel giving any oskill? Such an item would greatly expand the build diversity. But it'd need to be limited to 1 per character, as 17-19 oskills would be too OP. So better a charm, just like
Annihilus
and
Hellfire Torch
Even Anni could provide such oskill (given so many
Diablo Clone
spawns), so we'd be motivated to kill DCs to find one fitting our build.
Median XL has such charms.
Asha wrote: 1 year ago

This I would really like.
And if it's not baiting into fake trade games etc, the peak "social" are the "SplitMF" games, where no contact is made at any point, each person runs a different place and then repeat in a new game. (and then you need to be fast enough to the next game so it's not full haha)

(also the
Teleport
- trying Barb for the first time and about to quit, opening doors everywhere in dungeons 50times a day, no thanks)
OP

Teebling 5828Admin

Europe PC
jxdcz wrote: 1 year ago
Asha wrote: 1 year ago

This I would really like.
And if it's not baiting into fake trade games etc, the peak "social" are the "SplitMF" games, where no contact is made at any point, each person runs a different place and then repeat in a new game. (and then you need to be fast enough to the next game so it's not full haha)

(also the
Teleport
- trying Barb for the first time and about to quit, opening doors everywhere in dungeons 50times a day, no thanks)
Food for thought - if the lobby was fixed and improved for matchmaking, like really fixed, do you think it would offset this solo playstyle and produce more real organic players 8 online games with real people? Or would there still be too many issues discouraging multiplayer, and make the argument for /players8 online stronger?

Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
Food for thought - if the lobby was fixed and improved for matchmaking, like really fixed, do you think it would offset this solo playstyle and produce more real organic players 8 online games with real people? Or would there still be too many issues discouraging multiplayer, and make the argument for /players8 online stronger?
For sure levelling and questing would be improved. Currently only trade games are visible, at least on Hell.
Some basic game categories like "exp farm" "mf" "cows" etc would go a long way.
Only if players followed them. It could end like in D3 - no matter what category you choose, players are spamming rifts.

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Something like this would be nice?

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
been having problems with my merc so I decided to try a different one

had to do this twice, because the first new one was even worse

of course the second time he took his equipment with him

why are you even allowed to do this in the year of our lord 2022

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
@Teebling, what would you think of taking the ideas coming the most often or the most liked in this thread and make a community poll ?

Not sure Blizzard will do, but for sure sayong that 1k players want an improved lobby is more impactful than a simple access to this - great, but harder to exploit - thread.

Cheers !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I'm playing on PS5, so some of these issues might be different/fixed on pc anyway idk..
No.1 Don't allow insta sell to vendor of equipped gear. If it's armour of weaps and the vendor is full you lost your item forever. Have some sort of verification menu option.
No.2. Stop shuffling the order of toons in the list everytime you use a new toon, or make it optional etc.
No.3. Fast track option for if dead. Ie, instead of reload rather than trying to recover corpse from dangerous area, just give an option to spawn back in town with all gear and take the XP loss.
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
No ridiculous shit like asking for bigger amazon buttocks,
Dude, I was on board until you said this.

Give the people what they want!

A loot filter

/players 8
How about Stacking Runes and gems? They ocuppy to much space, if we could have them stacked or have an aditional Stash Space specificly for that porpose. (runes, gems, keys etc.)
OP

Teebling 5828Admin

Europe PC
I've gone through all of the posts and tried my best to summarise/separate the most commonly cited issues so far.
Have updated the OP with this info, you can see it here too:

Commonly cited as being critical issues with the current game, not including new features:

• Proliferation of farming bots that break ToS which are available publicly (cracked) or behind a paywall
  • Alleged but unsubstantiated reports of item duplication exploit(s) in the wild and a destabilised economy
  • Spam bots in lobby, spam bots whispering you, spam bots creating and entering games
  • Difficulty finding any real (non-trade or spam) games using the lobby, particularly bad on consoles
  • Maximum number of characters slots available to players isn't enough for most
  • Chat system is broken in several ways and has well-documented issues

Commonly asked for new features, iterations, additions, and other small 'QoL' requests:

• Stackable runes, gems, and consumables, combined with access to a 'currency' tab in the stash to house them
  • /playersX command available in online bnet play
  • Configurable loot filter for players (beyond the scope of modding)
  • Disable direct ctrl+click vendoring and/or dropping of items that are currently equipped, or the option to disable
  • More granular filtering in the lobby to let players specify/tag their game type, leading to better discoverability
  • Another end-game challenge comparable in difficulty to ubers or dclone

Other common themes/concerns:

• No real interactions with the community outside of streamers/youtubers and PR partners
  • Fewer than expected announcements, blue posts, updates, communication in general from Blizz

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
I been wondering lately... :thinking:
Having the Runes, Gems, Essences, Tokens and Keys just stack by themselves seems wrong.
For example, for Scrolls you need to buy a Book to carry 20 of them.

With that in mind, I though about new classes of items (similar to the
Horadric Cube
).
Which should allow to carry one type of item and be space efficient when you fill with more than 2 items of that one type.
I suppose it should be found like an unique item, as a drop (ladder only?).
Or else, crafted (again, laddy only?), by maybe cubing an
Annihilus
and the item you want to store.

Examples:

2*1 slots:
Ist Rune Box
Box

Can contain 20 Ist Runes
Quantity: 5 of 20

2*1 slots:
Perfect Ruby Gem Box
Box

Can contain 20 Perfect Rubies
Quantity: 11 of 20

2*1 slots:
Festering Box
Box

Can contain 20 Festering Essences of Destruction
Quantity: 1 of 20

2*1 slots:
Absolution Box
Box

Can contain 20 Tokens of Absolution
Quantity: 17 of 20

2*2 slots, maybe can be found when killing ubers or keys givers:
Keyset of Hate
Keyset

Can contain 12 Keys of Hate
Quantity: 3 of 12

Having one of each would take 102 slots, but would give 936 slots of storage or 834 new slots.
And if needed, you can keep more than one, like multiples keysets for mass storage of keys or for trading.
iamergo wrote: 1 year ago
I think people leaving comments in this topic should realize that noone with any power to influence D2R development is going to read through their ramblings. Two reasons Llama's and reddit's doc got to the dev team: it was concise and statistically relevant. Most of you guys are just making Teebling's work harder. What you should instead do is list 3 to 5 items, which, in your opinion, need to be addressed ASAP, with minimal elaboration on your reasoning, because, again, nobody cares. @Th3ory got it right.

My list of issues to address (in random order):
1. Lobby (make it more functional)
2. Chat (get rid of bots, improve stability, add timestamps to messages)
3. Loot filter (at least a rudimentary one)
4. Help Cain remember how to ID items in the Cube, fucking stat
5. Resource stacking/Currency tab (not vital)
QFE, I agree with all points here.

Essential/required improvements (top most important, bottom least):

1. Lobby - Uncap game display limit from 20, add filters (trade, PvP, questing, magic finding, game length, etc.), add a search bar, better channel accessibility to create clans like in original D2
2. Chat - Eradicate spam bots, fix chat bug, fix general bugginess
3. Increase online character limit from 20 to 50

Not essential but still desirable (IMO):

4. Loot filter - Ideally a customizable one or at least rudimentary, and/or change item display priority (runes on top, uniques second, sets third, etc.), increase maximum amount of displayed items on screen
5. Currency stash tab (stack gems, runes, uber keys)
6. Fix Cain to ID stuff in the cube, yes!

Low priority:

7. Proper guilds/clans
8. More modding possibilities (move more hardcode functions to softcode/txt tables)
9. Option of multiplayer with mods (restore TCP/IP or an alternative LAN functionality)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation