Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
83 replies   11718 views

Everything that we, as a community, believe needs to be fixed or improved in D2R

No data yet

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

personally, I could pour a lot of darkness into this thread.
I've been a mythic raider and min/maxer in wow for the last 16 years until blizzard managed to break the game completely and I stopped playing it in december 2020. while it provided some of the fondest gaming memories, it also provided some of the worst.
I also played all seasons in diablo3 until season 22 and left that, too. cosmetics are just not enough :shrug:
shit's fucked.

I would like to see some changes:

- a loot filter. it can be basic like one extra color for gems. doesn't have to be 90 extra colors for stuff. make it an extra color for gems like they did for runes. make a toggle in the menu for those ppl who don't want all the "new shit".

- an extra instance for chat. chat depends on server ping and if your ping is 500 you wait half a second until your message appears. unnecessary.

- bug fixes pls. andy mf bug and barb broken weapon bug are still working. also, make the game register input better. sometimes, you need to click like 10 times on a seal in cs or on a chest until you get the right angle. I mean come on...

- more chars. like maybe 50-ish chars. ok, listen, I'm a digital hoarder and even I say a char limit of 100+ is too much.

- a working lobby

- more thoughtful uniques over time, in seasons maybe. I can't believe I'd say this, but having completed a season in d3 and gotten an extra tab for your stash was ... good. personally, I prefer having things tied to your blizzard account and they don't get lost anymore. you had to log in once in three months to keep your stuff in vanilla d2 and of course you forgot so aaaaaaaall of your stuff is gone.

- the game could do with some more endgame stuff. the dclone thing is nice. the way I see it, it would have to be a global event. take all accounts in and everyone can contribute and set the soj limit (or take another item which is really rare) and make it a high number so the anni becomes something really valuable and incredibly rare. the number of annis right now is not a problem because ppl tend to stop playing over time and the annis will disappear because the ppl will disappear. what I'm saying is keep the anni as a community event and let ppl organize themselves to get it but make it really, really hard to get one. a long and tedious process. that gives a good feeling of reward.
(and yes I really don't care about today's three minute gamer who has to have EVERYTHING within the game in an hour. it is totally ok if filthy casuals never get an anni or a torch for that matter. my record in diablo3 is 33 "legendaries" in one Rift. go figure).

- all the information we need to crawl the web for inside the game. all stats, damage numbers, just everything inside the game pls.

- item stacks for potions and gems. make it like in d3. stack everything and remove the tomes. works fine in d3 and doesn't hurt anyone :shrug:

I don't know if anything in this thread even reaches blizzard. I just hope the fbi and a blizzard employee who secretly made an account here read this :)

List:
1. Display item/area levels
2. Display attack frames / cast frames / correct damage / effect restrictions in-game

Explanation:
Another low hanging fruit would be to display the item levels / area levels.
It is ridiculous that I have to keep in mind where the item dropped, then I have to check on third-party sources about the level of the area if I would like to know how many sockets it will have.
Also attack frame/casting frame info would be useful in game --- why do I need to use third party calculators for this?
"Prevent monster heal does not work on mercs" and similar exceptions -- again, why do I need to find this kind of info on third-party forums?

Necrarch 1612Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
My list would be :

- 1 - more space. Would make 4 shared + 2 personal. Shared is really useful for gems, runes, jewels, cross character items, etc...
2 personal leaves more space and reduce muling - less burden on Blibli's servers :)

- 2 - identifying / selling / buying from the Cube and increase it to 4x4. I spent hours to put in cube / uncube

- 3 - improve lobby, as suggested above.

- 4 - continue fighting bots and co.

- 5 - continue improving DClone mechanics. 2.4 is better than before, now it's a bit too easy.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
My list would be :

- 1 - more space. Would make 4 shared + 2 personal. Shared is really useful for gems, runes, jewels, cross character items, etc...
2 personal leaves more space and reduce muling - less burden on Blibli's servers :)

- 2 - identifying / selling / buying from the Cube and increase it to 4x4. I spent hours to put in cube / uncube

- 3 - improve lobby, as suggested above.

- 4 - continue fighting bots and co.

- 5 - continue improving DClone mechanics. 2.4 is better than before, now it's a bit too easy.
Regarding point 2 - there is a recipe that includes 6 Perfect skulls and a rare item to be rerolled - expanding it to 4x4 would allow using 4x2 items (item + skulls needed 14 slots altogether) - don't know if it would affect the usability of this recipe, probably not but worth considering.
Freshchasty wrote: 1 year ago
Regarding point 2 - there is a recipe that includes 6 Perfect skulls and a rare item to be rerolled - expanding it to 4x4 would allow using 4x2 items (item + skulls needed 14 slots altogether) - don't know if it would affect the usability of this recipe, probably not but worth considering.
Or a simple fix: reduce the number of skulls required to up to 4. This is a rarely used recipe (if ever), so it won't break the balance.

I'd also like to have bulk recipes, such as 9 chipped gems => 3 flawed gems (or even 9 chipped => 1 normal, but it's only 1 click less than the former one). Useful for hoarders like me. =)
Trang Oul wrote: 1 year ago
Or a simple fix: reduce the number of skulls required to up to 4. This is a rarely used recipe (if ever), so it won't break the balance.
It's a commonly used recipe for rerolling diadems and jewels.
find a reason to be for
Standard of Heroes

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Might as well add another obvious one here that's been asked plenty of times by plenty of people:

- /players 8 for online play.

With everything online being as broken as it is (no games, nothing but spam, no chat ability, maintenance during euro prime time every bloody week...[srsly, wtf?!]) AND no ability to bump up diff/drops yourself, honestly, the ONLY thing making online in any way possibly superior to offline play is this site here for real trading. And much as I love this site...that's a pretty pathetic reason to dictate choice of game mode.

I wouldn't even mind if they greatly increased the difficulty for using /players command in online play. Like buff everything by 3 levels. So /players 2 is = /players 5, and /players 8 is equal to a new /players 11 difficulty.

Usually buying Perfect Amethysts,
Ral
runes, and
Junk Jewels
in bulk. Inquire for current prices.

Looking for + Elemental Skills // Life GCs
Diomedes wrote: 1 year ago
Might as well add another obvious one here that's been asked plenty of times by plenty of people:

With everything online being as broken as it is (no games, nothing but spam, no chat ability, maintenance during euro prime time every bloody week...[srsly, wtf?!]) AND no ability to bump up diff/drops yourself, honestly, the ONLY thing making online in any way possibly superior to offline play is this site here for real trading. And much as I love this site...that's a pretty pathetic reason to dictate choice of game mode.

I wouldn't even mind if they greatly increased the difficulty for using /players command in online play. Like buff everything by 3 levels. So /players 2 is = /players 5, and /players 8 is equal to a new /players 11 difficulty.
I second that. make it hard for endgame chars.

iamergo wrote: 1 year ago
Doesn't ilvl reduction make it useless? Even with perfect input (ilvl 99, clvl 99) the result would have ilvl of only 79.
iamergo wrote: 1 year ago
Doesn't ilvl reduction make it useless? Even with perfect input (ilvl 99, clvl 99) the result would have ilvl of only 79.
Diadems have high magic level, which makes the ilvl reduction moot. A rare
Diadem
will retain the same affix pool after any number of rerolls.
Rare jewels do get worse after each roll. However, they're still good for a few rerolls, and even past that, they're good for lld purposes.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC

admittedly have gone back on this multiple times, but agree that plenty of people love the SSF model so might as well add it!

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Blizzard could add opt-out-able SSF game modes, that prevent player from joining multiplayer games, and give those who play SSF:
- Separates shared stashes (like we have with ladder and non ladder shared stashes),
- Permanent /players 8 command.

Once a player opt-out:
- Every characters that are SFF are transfered into ladder or non ladder,
- Every shared stashes are made "remove only" and transfered into ladder or non ladder.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Lobby system for console players that work.

Non-IP based lobby option so we can know we are opting out of best connection lobbies in favor of seeing more games.

Channels akin to old D2 i.e. trades, Chaos runs,
Baal
runs etc

Being able to search lobbies by keywords (for trades, finding runs, rushes etc).
I would quite like to be able to assign an aura to left-click. That would allow me to
Smite
/
Zeal
/
Charge
on right-click without losing the aura. Left-click behaviour would then be to move only.
My wish: bring back removed content. Here is a compilation, another compilation and yet another one with monsters (both monster types with unused graphics and superuniques removed apparently for no reason).

There is much more. Just take a look at data files. There are unused magic prefixes and suffixes (with empty column spawnable), as well as unique items (column enabled - most with no properties, though). Runewords are gradually getting re-introduced (column complete - all from 2.4 were present there before, but not "complete and with no properties). Some of those are described here.

Guild system and so on is much work, but in case of magic affixes and monsters everything is already done - the devs just need to switch the flag or, in case of superuniques, add them to maps. Even a mediocre modder is capable of doing so.

But, just like Schnorki and Teebling noticed, unless we have a streamer followed by tens of thousands of sheep (= free advertisement), Bli$$ won't even read our proposals.
Random input for improvements to D2R in my oppinion:

-Built in customizable loot filter

-Act 6

-Randomly generated map item drops that can clicked on to open a portal (like ubers portals) in act 5/6 which is only accessible and openable at level 98+ that have a small chance to drop off of Ubers and Dclone. Hard maps consisting of higher level mobs and extremely challenging bosspacks and high mob density with cool new layouts and tilesets, with perhaps a superunique boss in each map.

-some sort of rare item find quest in the map system (bound to character once picked up) that can take a long time to aquire a set of but which can be infused to armor pieces after combining a collection of these rare quest items drops in the cube to change or modify visual appearance of iconic items in ways to make custom looks(both on character and visual item appearance), only attainable in the map system at level 98+. (sort of like personalized item quest but instead of just name change of item its a visual change achievement that is very hard to aquire)((bragging rights and badass looks for the character for putting time into your character))

-improve rare item drop generation potentials ONLY in the new mapping system to allow for extremely rare and powerful rare items that have potential to be better then uniques and runewords but have extremely low chance to find the right combination.

-Stackable gems/runes/parts/keys/essences

-increase character limit to 50 so you can play hc/sc/classic/ladder/NL if you wanted, or make and complete tons of builds from all classes(non-ladder type people [me]).

-Create lobby search filters and increase amount of lobbys listed

-improve lobby view and loadtimes

-have option to save previous created game and function when creating next game for it to auto add +1 to the end of current lobby name number [ nbaal1 > nbaal2 > nbaal3 ect...]

Probably a lot of other cool things can be done to increase endgame replayability but the root of it all is randomly generated things, challenge, and rarity which makes things fun for me.
My requests in order of priority:

1) Stackable resource items or separate resource tab

2) Increased mobility options for non-sorc classes: This could be a cheaper, Enigma-light runeword, a cube recipe for adding
Teleport
charges or skill to items, a set-item bonus for some currently defunct set, or new skills altogether for each class.

3) farming quality of life: /players command in multiplayer. It would actually encourage expansion of meta with people playing support barbs or pally if we could do like 4 players in a /player8 area. Make some level 85 areas larger but with similar monster density. It's great that they added more areas, but with loading times being so slow and area to area travel requiring going to town first, etc it still isn't great. I would think as developers they want to maximize the ratio of actual play-time to load-time. They could also increase cow area level a smidge without breaking the game.

Deleted User 632 0

most things i want have already been said.
hmm what about a way to refresh map in game. maybe when you swap act. that would also indirectly fix the act3 skip in some cases.

another one that i don't personally care for but i know some people do. a button to reveal the map. or button to refresh the shop. more useful now with the longer loading times. which leads me to the next one add the method for faster loading speed described in this topic.

and last maybe we could also use some more options for game creation. maybe add option to make a game were hostile mode is always on / off. or
Teleport
is deactivated. for people who don't want that. or block specific classes. in case you want to level with only melee or something. i know some people also want some options for loot rules too. but just some more options would be nice.
My wish: bring back removed content. Here is a compilation, another compilation and yet another one with monsters (both monster types with unused graphics and superuniques removed apparently for no reason).

There is much more. Just take a look at data files. There are unused magic prefixes and suffixes (with empty column spawnable), as well as unique items (column enabled - most with no properties, though). Runewords are gradually getting re-introduced (column complete - all from 2.4 were present there before, but not "complete and with no properties). Some of those are described here.

Guild system and so on is much work, but in case of magic affixes and monsters everything is already done - the devs just need to switch the flag or, in case of superuniques, add them to maps. Even a mediocre modder is capable of doing so.
I like the idea. also, guilds. problem:
guilds in d3 are worthless and useless. the only "advantage" is that everyone sees everyone's drops because the "guild chats" announces all drops of all members currently playing.
I see no advantage there. a guild should be beneficial, not just sharing a guild tag. guild need strong rewards for being in the guild and needs to have stuff to make you want to be in a guild with stuff you usually wouldn't have.
also, this is very much work :D

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...