Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   3187 views

Is drop chance information on rankedboost legit? [Update: no]

No data yet

Description

I know that certain areas are better to farm for certain things. I don't know if that applies to everything, but I know people have done the math and can say, for instance "you go here for skillers, you go here for runes," etc.

I have half of the arctic set and I decided I really wanted to finish it to give to a baby bowazon. When I search for this, or basically any form of the question "where can I get x?" this website shows up pretty high in the search results, and has detailed information on which areas and which bosses to target.

The thing is, it doesn't explain how it decided those are the places you get that stuff at all. Add to this the fact that the site also has tier lists for builds and whatnot that look like they're from another planet compared to what I understand about the game, and I wonder if the place is just a bunch of automatically compiled garbage lists to base an SEO ad farm on.

Has anyone here used this site? Does their info have anything to do with actual drop chances?
Description by 007Bistromath

Can be used to make Runewords:

I know that certain areas are better to farm for certain things. I don't know if that applies to everything, but I know people have done the math and can say, for instance "you go here for skillers, you go here for runes," etc.

I have half of the arctic set and I decided I really wanted to finish it to give to a baby bowazon. When I search for this, or basically any form of the question "where can I get x?" this website shows up pretty high in the search results, and has detailed information on which areas and which bosses to target.

The thing is, it doesn't explain how it decided those are the places you get that stuff at all. Add to this the fact that the site also has tier lists for builds and whatnot that look like they're from another planet compared to what I understand about the game, and I wonder if the place is just a bunch of automatically compiled garbage lists to base an SEO ad farm on.

Has anyone here used this site? Does their info have anything to do with actual drop chances?

Schnorki 3188Moderator

PC
Can't say I've ever heard of that site but generally speaking, it sounds like what you want is a drop calc to figure out the odds for specific items.
There's plenty of those out there, including for example maxroll:

https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2-drop-calculator
Silospen website also provides a similar functionality:
https://dropcalc.silospen.com/item.php
OP
Although their numbers differ, probably based on me doing something wrong, both of those calculators agree: rankedboost is hot garbage.

Thanks!
I feel like they were asking a lot of stuff more-so than just a drop calc lol. Generally speak from what I've gathered over the years is "farm X area for X" comes from community posts and overall findings. This isn't to say some stuff isn't pulled from the games code itself. Now on this site, I'm unsure of it but I've seen some out there character builds websites for sure, I feel it's more of give the game some variety for people. Than again I also felt it was just to get you on their site lol so who knows.

Time i'm most active 03:00am - 06:00am UTC on occasions 02:00pm-07:00pm
OP
Nah, the drop calcs have exactly the info I wanted. Like I said, the numbers are a little different, but both calculators made it pretty clear I should be doing norm meph runs, whereas rankedboost says you should be farming
Burial Grounds
or
Corpsefire
which is uh

not my idea of fun
Ah I misunderstood, when I read guides i just took general assumptions.

You mean you don't like farming Den over and over? lol

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
007Bistromath wrote: 1 year ago
I wonder if the place is just a bunch of automatically compiled garbage lists to base an SEO ad farm on.
^ This tbh, along with about half of Google results these days. Algorithm lost the plot about 2-3 years ago.

Glad you got linked some better resources like Maxroll and Silopsen.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation