Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   1331 views

Description

I want to bitch about the thing that really drives me mad.Most of the uniques and runewords are made for Sorc,Pala and Necro.For example unique jewels,as a barb wtf I do with fire cold poison skills? I got an amulet,it has a faster cast rate even it has +2 for barb.HOTO could be another example,
Flail
for sorc?!Trading for the items is a whole different story,+1 Bar or Assasin or Druid and +35 life,eh u may have some mid high runes,but if it's for those 3 chars,yeyy,you got hrs.I know the number of playing these chars is higher than others,but the game encourages this.The Melee chars must have a decent weapon,coz looks don't kill,to have it u must farm x2 maybe x3 times more than a necro or sorc or pala.Barb's two high level unique swords;
The Grandfather
and
Doombringer
. Who is using them? Noone! Anyway,I want to share smthng bothers me,sorry for wasting ur time for readin it.GLHF!

Can be used to make Runewords:

I want to bitch about the thing that really drives me mad.Most of the uniques and runewords are made for Sorc,Pala and Necro.For example unique jewels,as a barb wtf I do with fire cold poison skills? I got an amulet,it has a faster cast rate even it has +2 for barb.HOTO could be another example,
Flail
for sorc?!Trading for the items is a whole different story,+1 Bar or Assasin or Druid and +35 life,eh u may have some mid high runes,but if it's for those 3 chars,yeyy,you got hrs.I know the number of playing these chars is higher than others,but the game encourages this.The Melee chars must have a decent weapon,coz looks don't kill,to have it u must farm x2 maybe x3 times more than a necro or sorc or pala.Barb's two high level unique swords;
The Grandfather
and
Doombringer
. Who is using them? Noone! Anyway,I want to share smthng bothers me,sorry for wasting ur time for readin it.GLHF!

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
Born with a heart of Steel
As a barb, you will be looking forward do IAS/DMG jewels, some nice weapon runewords (Death, EBOTD, Grief, Oath, Unbending Will), Proc combinations (gavel,
Demon Limb
), and interesting jewerly (dual angelics,
Highlord's Wrath
).

With respect to good unique weapons, Lightsaber,
Azurewrath
Bloodletter
, and many more.

Endgame barb can be one of the most profitable ways to get GG gear, by horking with massive MF while also gambling like a maniac.

It is true that the game may look imbalance, but there still a ton to do with a barb, even throw barb is getting very popular.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
OP
Aegis200 wrote: 1 year ago
As a barb, you will be looking forward do IAS/DMG jewels, some nice weapon runewords (Death, EBOTD, Grief, Oath, Unbending Will), Proc combinations (gavel,
Demon Limb
), and interesting jewerly (dual angelics,
Highlord's Wrath
).

With respect to good unique weapons, Lightsaber,
Azurewrath
Bloodletter
, and many more.

Endgame barb can be one of the most profitable ways to get GG gear, by horking with massive MF while also gambling like a maniac.
Ty for your kind reply,but those unique swords are for everyone,I meant I don't use what is made for barb.Those runewords I use,but before getting there is a real pain.

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
You could argue that barb gets as much if not more use out of a Grief than any class, but I get what you're saying.
Whirlwind
barb is one of the few builds in the game that can make legitimate use out of most big-honking 2handers, unique, set, or runewords
Whoops
Short answer: yes it is. Diablo has revolved around meta builds for long time, and even after balance patch they remain op in terms of farming speed.

Long answer: not at all. In my opinion game become much more fun when you dont just run those same sorxs every ladder start, even tho it would be the best option considering economy. But also take note. Other than meta char items are way cheaper, can be acquired easier and those builds still rock this game!

Also every char got their place to farm

Melees should mostly do ubers and use the currency for better gear, when mf sorc can quickly hit meph or pit and try to gamble their way in. I personally think aoe chars for rune farm and melee for uber and other bosses along the way.

Been playing diablo pretty fu**ng much over and over again and for me the the thrill for gamble does the trick, even if the game is in someway "unbalanced"

Good luck hunting! :)

Ps. Got slipped out of context. Im Stone :d
This game has an implicit "easy mode" which is to pick any build that relies heavily on +skills gear. If you don't do that, your build probably relies heavily on expensive weapons and charms.
We should just invade Russia.

GLORY, GLORY, GLORIA,
GET READY FOR THE WAR!
Manowar wrote: 1 year ago
Flail
The Grandfather
and
Doombringer
part of the game is, and always has been, sifting through items that are of use to you and building a character with as many advantages as possible and diminishing the disadvantages as much as possible.

22 years ago that was stuff for memes, of course.
todays' gamers often react like you just did :)
games today have to be first easier than back then, second streamlined otherwise the attention span of the gamer drops instantly, third easily accessible otherwise the game will also be dropped like a hot potato.

diablo 2 (not 3, d3 is an action game) is none of these things.
with diablo2 you are in for the very long run. if you want a fast game or rather a game you get your stuff almost instantly, play d3 or a
Diablo Clone
:shrug:

edit: or just keep on raging. whatever floats your boat :)

OP
crispin wrote: 1 year ago
Manowar wrote: 1 year ago
Flail
The Grandfather
and
Doombringer
part of the game is, and always has been, sifting through items that are of use to you and building a character with as many advantages as possible and diminishing the disadvantages as much as possible.

22 years ago that was stuff for memes, of course.
todays' gamers often react like you just did :)
games today have to be first easier than back then, second streamlined otherwise the attention span of the gamer drops instantly, third easily accessible otherwise the game will also be dropped like a hot potato.

diablo 2 (not 3, d3 is an action game) is none of these things.
with diablo2 you are in for the very long run. if you want a fast game or rather a game you get your stuff almost instantly, play d3 or a
Diablo Clone
:shrug:

edit: or just keep on raging. whatever floats your boat :)
you understood this!? That I want an instant unique! I said I can't or don't use unique items made for barb or should I say needs much more strength.And I don't use any unique jewels coz they are useless to me.

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
I thought it had a hint of that. on second thought, I take that thought back.

hmm... that is pretty much true for many builds.

have you ever seen a pala using a
Baranar's Star
instead of a Grief, Last Wish or botd?

yes, you have. hammadins use a hoto :)

the way I see it this is not a barb problem. since runes were introduced they make the stronger choices *most* of the time, not always tho.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Really quite simple..not every item is for every build. And no build (off the top of my head) only has one single item that is generally good for it.

As a result, there will always be items you don't use.
And there will equally always be items "made for your build" that you don't use.

And that is fine. That's kind of the point of having a variety to choose from. Much like builds in general.

Yes, there are specific builds that rule specific tasks within the game but that extends well beyond 3 classes.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...