Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
30 replies   4627 views

Description

Hope you guys are able to enjoy ladder, if you're playing it! Can't bring myself to delete any of the chars I've got.. I guess I'm too much of a packrat, and/or not enough incentives on ladder to convince me to
Sacrifice
my loyal mules.

Anyone else in similar boat? What are other people's reasons for skipping ladder (if there is anyone else)?
Description by Zero187

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hope you guys are able to enjoy ladder, if you're playing it! Can't bring myself to delete any of the chars I've got.. I guess I'm too much of a packrat, and/or not enough incentives on ladder to convince me to
Sacrifice
my loyal mules.

Anyone else in similar boat? What are other people's reasons for skipping ladder (if there is anyone else)?

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
No real reason to play ladder with the way they've gated the new content. If it's like this going forward, I don't see any reason to ever play ladder. I can wait for the new runewords, if they ever make any that are worth crafting.
OP
Rasalom wrote: 2 years ago
No real reason to play ladder with the way they've gated the new content. If it's like this going forward, I don't see any reason to ever play ladder. I can wait for the new runewords, if they ever make any that are worth crafting.
Unfortunately, I agree. If only they increased drop rate on ladder.. Higher chance at Jahs and Bers would definitely be enough to
Attract
me. But without that, I don't see much draw other than leaderboards and more active economy.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
I wanna play ladder, but I just ran Jail Levels 1 - 3 the fifth time only to have a disconnect shortly before or after reaching
Inner Cloister
WP. Of course after reconnecting the WP is gone.
That's what I stayed up for until 4AM ...... good night.
The whole premise of ladder play is to compete against other individuals. By allowing groups of players in ladder that defeats the whole premise of competing against other single players. Until they restrict ladder play to only single players I have no interest in it.

In order to restrict to single player they would need to implement a way for players to trade with one another.
MinusBrain wrote: 2 years ago
I wanna play ladder, but I just ran Jail Levels 1 - 3 the fifth time only to have a disconnect shortly before or after reaching
Inner Cloister
WP. Of course after reconnecting the WP is gone.
That's what I stayed up for until 4AM ...... good night.
You sure you weren't in Act IV? Because that sounds like Hell... ;)
thedarkwraith wrote: 2 years ago
The whole premise of ladder play is to compete against other individuals. By allowing groups of players in ladder that defeats the whole premise of competing against other single players. Until they restrict ladder play to only single players I have no interest in it.

In order to restrict to single player they would need to implement a way for players to trade with one another.
Maybe an option on character select for solo play and corresponding leaderboard would be nicer. I don't fancy having to hell Chaos myself from lvl 5 - 75 :)
im hitting 98 in a handful of days and then the long grind to 99 begins. ill catch the last half of ladder maybe.

im also capped at 20 chars, but i dont mind deleting the mules holding all of the sets. there will come a point where everyone will have too many geared chars and theyll have to raise the char
Cap
. i dont doubt that.

Asha 346

Sorceress Europe PC
Screw the ladder, I'd say. 20 chars limit isn't much of a concern for me - just don't want that fever rushing forward,
Shako
-headed sorcs/hammers, ridiculous prices... I'll stay in a comfortable non-ladder without any necessity to haste up. I play for my comfort.
Rasalom wrote: 2 years ago
TBH if you play SSF it takes a whole ladder season just to find a perfect base lol. By the time I have the bases I need I can just socket the things when the season ends lol.

Doesn't playing solo defeat the entire purpose the the multiplayer nature of the game? Like the whole reason this game is so popular and fun is playing with other people and trading loot. I feel like anyone that advocates for single player shouldn't even be considering trading... and there's offline mode for those people..
Well, I don´t like the competitive factor in D2 ladders, but I´m somehow always playing ladder for some reasons:
1. I like to build my runewords on my own rather than buying them
2. Even though the chance is really low and I most likely never will be that lucky, I just don´t like the idea of never being able to find a Tyraels myself
3. same as 2 but for all the other ladder only uniques (Griffon, Andy´s, DF etc.)
4. At least it´s a good opportunity to level some new chars (should be relatable for all who tried to level a new char in public games the last 2 month) due to mass
Baal
runs on norm and nm
5. Loss of value for all that high runes which you may find on NL but do not have a decent use anymore due to Ladder RWs only
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
Screw the ladder, I'd say. 20 chars limit isn't much of a concern for me - just don't want that fever rushing forward,
Shako
-headed sorcs/hammers, ridiculous prices... I'll stay in a comfortable non-ladder without any necessity to haste up. I play for my comfort.
I play for comfort too, which is why I haven't started Ladder yet either.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
The whole premise of ladder play is to compete against other individuals.
Sounds like an arbitrary rule you've come up with. To the people competing in groups, ladder is about putting your group against other groups.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
I'm still saving towards my Enigma, so no ladder for me ;)
Leon wrote: 2 years ago
2. Even though the chance is really low and I most likely never will be that lucky, I just don´t like the idea of never being able to find a Tyraels myself
3. same as 2 but for all the other ladder only uniques (Griffon, Andy´s, DF etc.)
Wait, what?!
Now that ladder season has started
Griffon's Eye
and Andy's are ladder only items again?!

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
BaldurGK wrote: 2 years ago
Wait, what?!
Griffon's Eye
They are not.
The only ladder-only items are the newly added ladder runewords which will also become non-ladder after the season ends.
Has it been made clear whether or not the new runewords can be made in NL after S1/L1 is over? or can they only be made in Ladder then those already made runewords can be used/traded in NL after they roll over?
TradenD2R wrote: 2 years ago
Has it been made clear wether or not the new runewords can be made in NL after S1/L1 is over? or can they only be made in Ladder then those already made runewords can be used/traded in NL after they roll over?
In the developer interview a while ago they said that new runewords will be available for non-ladder after the season they were introduced in ends. In the official patch notes of 2.4 there is only talk about moving ladder characters and their items to non-ladder but no confirmation whether non-ladder characters will be able to create them. So no as far as I know it has not been made clear.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
BaldurGK wrote: 2 years ago
Wait, what?!
Griffon's Eye
They are not.
The only ladder-only items are the newly added ladder runewords which will also become non-ladder after the season ends.
Well I never saw an official statement regarding this, but since Ladder RWs still work in NL you are right (just build a Spirit to test it myself and it worked).
Now I´m kind of upset to have grinded a ladder char the last 2 days when I could have sticked to NL...

Then someone should also update the RW and Unique DB, still shows old ladder RWs as ladder only as well.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation