Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   5783 views

Can summon druid kill Uber Diablo with 'average/starting' gear (or at all)?

No data yet

Description

I was pondering which character to start for ladder, and I'm tempted to play summon druid; Even before the 2.4 buff I enjoyed this build, but eventually I swapped to something else because it wasn't very effective for farming in hell.

But now that it's much more powerful, I'm tempted to try it again.

Thing is, I'm gonna play with a friend who likely won't be on a spec that can kill
Uber Diablo
, so I'm gonna have to do it.

Can summon druid do it? And if so, what kind of gear do you need?
I'm gonna play quite relaxed, so I don't expect to ever get Beast and things like that...
So I'm wondering, is it possible to do it with average gear? By that I mean like... Hoto, Spirit shield, +3 summon
Circlet
, +3 summon ammy, +2 druid skill armor, maybe a few druid summoning GC...

Will that be possible? Or would I need like Beast, Pride for my merc, 2 soj and arach etc.. (in which case I'll probably just play another spec)?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I was pondering which character to start for ladder, and I'm tempted to play summon druid; Even before the 2.4 buff I enjoyed this build, but eventually I swapped to something else because it wasn't very effective for farming in hell.

But now that it's much more powerful, I'm tempted to try it again.

Thing is, I'm gonna play with a friend who likely won't be on a spec that can kill
Uber Diablo
, so I'm gonna have to do it.

Can summon druid do it? And if so, what kind of gear do you need?
I'm gonna play quite relaxed, so I don't expect to ever get Beast and things like that...
So I'm wondering, is it possible to do it with average gear? By that I mean like... Hoto, Spirit shield, +3 summon
Circlet
, +3 summon ammy, +2 druid skill armor, maybe a few druid summoning GC...

Will that be possible? Or would I need like Beast, Pride for my merc, 2 soj and arach etc.. (in which case I'll probably just play another spec)?
Can Summon Druid kill
Uber Diablo
? Yes.

That said, it will likely be quite difficult with just average gear.

I ran with +24 to skills and maxed Spirit Wolf, Dire Wolf, Grizzly, and
Heart of Wolverine
, lvl 1(+24)
Poison Creeper
, and a A3 Fire Merc. I had to recast the wolves alot and make sure Spirit stayed up. I also recast the creeper often to ensure it was poisoning. Without a source of negating his regen, it is practically impossible, hence the poison. An a2 merc with GFace would make the battle much faster.

Always open to offers, even if they seem 'too low' ;)
Typically available most days from 5-11pm EST.

Send a message or whisper (Bnet: SkyrateStorm#1548 ) to secure trades faster.
And please be sure to leave Trust after each transaction.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
The short answer is yes.

The longer answer is:
In top-end gear it takes a little while but is a fairly relaxed undertaking (like most things summon druid). All you need to do is stand there and occasionally re-summon stuff while they slowly widdle away at the ubers. Beast isn't really essential for that.

In lesser gear, it should still work fine but it'll take significantly longer and you'll have to re-summon more often. Where exactly the cutoff is for "doesn't work below this quality of gear" I can't tell you but when going in in top-end gear, it felt like a fair bit of wiggle room left.

If by
Uber Diablo
you mean
Diablo Clone
and not torch ubers then that's significantly easier and requires less gear in general. He's kind of a pansie. Just don't expect to finish him fast enough to still grab more annis in public games.

In either case, there's two things that are fairly critical:
- Open wounds (to prevent their regen)
- Crushing blow (to actually do some solid dmg to start out with)

Both can be obtained via your merc as easily as just giving him a Duress. That's all mine ever had for that purpose and it worked just fine.
Just make sure you protect your merc.

Do also keep in mind that A5
Frenzy
mercs have successfully solod Ubers by now, basically meaning any class can do it. A summon druid has the advantage in that case as they not only give said merc an extra dmg boost via HoW but also extra defense via your summons soaking up dmg for him. That approach will need more gear though, especially for torch ubers (mainly Enigma to correctly control the merc).
OP
SkyrateStorm wrote: 2 years ago
[...]
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
[...]
Thanks for the info!
I think I will try it then. I don't expect quick kills or anything, but as long as it gets the job done!

Khegan 376

As long as you have some way to stop damage regen, any build can take care of the clone solo. It's only a matter of efficiency.

Some popular items with PMH are javelins with "of Vileness" (sold by vendors),
Nature's Peace
and
Blackhorn's Face
. As someone said,
Poison Creeper
works if you're willing to re-summon it frequently.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Khegan wrote: 2 years ago
As long as you have some way to stop damage regen, any build can take care of the clone solo. It's only a matter of efficiency.

Some popular items with PMH are javelins with "of Vileness" (sold by vendors),
Nature's Peace
and
Blackhorn's Face
. As someone said,
Poison Creeper
works if you're willing to re-summon it frequently.
Just to avoid confusion:
PMH does not work with mercs. So if you go that route, you do have to attack yourself.
Open wounds (either from you or from your merc) has the same effect while applied though, in addition to the damage it does. So if you/your merc can keep OW applied, you don't need PMH.
The longer answer is:
In top-end gear it takes a little while
Like, 30 seconds.

Summon udars with CB, and it dies in a moment.
Even with a mediocre gear, summon/ce build annihilates anything on its way,
Uber Tristram
Baal
, diabloclone...

For example, this ladder i'm going to make a necro as a 1st character to easily farm Chaos without any gear at all...

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
WMAlleg wrote: 2 years ago
The longer answer is:
In top-end gear it takes a little while
Like, 30 seconds.

Summon udars with CB, and it dies in a moment.
Even with a mediocre gear, summon/ce build annihilates anything on its way,
Uber Tristram
Baal
, diabloclone...
He's talking about a druid, not a necro. No Urdars. ;)

Though that'd still take extremely long for just clone as you'd have to get your Urdars first. By that time, other builds killed him 10 times over.
ah, f* me...
LOL
im tired :D nvm! <3

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation