Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
26 replies   8938 views

Description

Description by LuckyAce

Can be used to make Runewords:

do apologies for going off-topic

as for the actual topic here. I believe eventually everyone will catch on and learn

these rooms will become tomorrows "SplitMF" as only the MFers will join them

All Trades are Negotiable. Long Live
Nihlathak
~Rant incoming in 3, 2, 1... ~

I don't think that /players on battle net will damage the ~online community, because there is no online community.

There are communities of players like diablo2.io, that are awesome. Those are immune to /players and everything on that matter.

And there is "battle net", where is wild west, every man for itself. Drop something by mistake on the floor and see the battle net community in action. Or join a players 8
Baal
run lobby and ask nicely for that
Ber
or
Ohm
that just dropped, as it will help you a lot.

I want so badly a /players command online :'(

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
luizgeo wrote: 4 weeks ago
[..]
I don't think that /players on battle net will damage the ~online community, because there is no online community.
[..]
This.

We're talking about a game with completely broken chat functionality since the day of release and 0 fixes to it because Blizz couldn't care less about any viable and social multiplayer experience. As a simple result of the constantly broken chat, fostering any sort of reliable "socialness" in games is a non-starter.

The enforced wild-west behavior due to shared loot just reinforces that lack of 'community'. As does the fact that most people end up just afking in baalruns and the like anyways as they either don't care and/or their builds just couldn't actually do anything anyways before the java next to them 1shot the entire screen.

Online /p8 would give folks an option to stay out of anti-social open games without losing anything (read: lower drop rates/xp) as a punishment for not wanting to be in conflict with others. This would not only make the entire lvling and farming experience significantly more enjoyable for everyone suddenly able to actually do something but it would take the "anti-social aspect" out of open games as those who would still be in open/pug games would then be the ones actually wanting to play together, rather than just those who don't want to be punished for not being a leeching loot-gobbler. Well, and the afk leechers..I guess those will be there either way.

Anywho, I would expect online /p8 to be a massive win for both fronts, those wanting to use it because they can and those wanting to play together because that entire environment would become far less toxic.
(Personally, I'd want to do both still...I enjoy some interaction when rushing folks or just messing around but for active lvling, let alone farming..ugh, f that)

Be that all as it may, blizz won't be doing anything to support either direction anyways so...mweh.
Schnorki wrote: 4 weeks ago
luizgeo wrote: 4 weeks ago
[..]
[..]
This.

We're talking about a game with completely broken chat functionality since the day of release and 0 fixes to it because Blizz couldn't care less about any viable and social multiplayer experience. As a simple result of the constantly broken chat, fostering any sort of reliable "socialness" in games is a non-starter.

The enforced wild-west behavior due to shared loot just reinforces that lack of 'community'. As does the fact that most people end up just afking in baalruns and the like anyways as they either don't care and/or their builds just couldn't actually do anything anyways before the java next to them 1shot the entire screen.

Online /p8 would give folks an option to stay out of anti-social open games without losing anything (read: lower drop rates/xp) as a punishment for not wanting to be in conflict with others. This would not only make the entire lvling and farming experience significantly more enjoyable for everyone suddenly able to actually do something but it would take the "anti-social aspect" out of open games as those who would still be in open/pug games would then be the ones actually wanting to play together, rather than just those who don't want to be punished for not being a leeching loot-gobbler. Well, and the afk leechers..I guess those will be there either way.

Anywho, I would expect online /p8 to be a massive win for both fronts, those wanting to use it because they can and those wanting to play together because that entire environment would become far less toxic.
(Personally, I'd want to do both still...I enjoy some interaction when rushing folks or just messing around but for active lvling, let alone farming..ugh, f that)

Be that all as it may, blizz won't be doing anything to support either direction anyways so...mweh.
That's exactly what I was talking about and my poor english got into the way lol. You got my vote, sir!

But jokes aside, that's about it. There is no "loss" in /players online because, if you don't want it, simply don't use it. Just like, let's say, /nopickup. Then, because of that, I must play basicly p1 all the time.
LuckyAce wrote: 2 years ago
[Tiny rant incoming]

I don't know about all of you, but those public games claiming to have "free" items or "free
Ber
or
Jah
here" on Hell are starting to tick me off. The only reason why is because now, 8/10 times if you join one of these games it's ploy for high lvl Sorc's or Pally's to MF. They name their games things like "freeeee4" or "freeestuff2" to lure newer players in thinking they're getting help, only to just stand around wondering why there's nothing "free" on the Ground.

If I see one of these games, I'll go into it and tell the lower lvl players "They made this game to just to lure you in to MF on Players 8. There's nothing to see here." Then I'll actually give them some free items I don't need from one of my shared stash tabs, because I feel bad and actually want to help. If I'm feeling extra grumpy, I'll publicly call out the high lvls MFing >:)

If there's one thing I really hate, it's taking advantage of new players who think they're going to be helped.
Better than people joining level grinding games to MF, because that really screws up groups and prevents people from re-joining who actually trying to level.
I think we desperately need personal loot.

And an exclusive bonus to dropchance for every other player in the same area.

People usually do what works best. So make cooperative gaming work best and the problem is solved. Party on!
LuckyAce wrote: 2 years ago
This is one I just came across, really a new low for these a-holes.

The title was "free keys here" in Hell mode, but people will assume they're referring to things like Dkeys, Hkeys etc. And as you can see, people are MFing in it. I hostiled them, and they all began to leave one by one.
Key

ALL MY TRADES ARE NON-LADDER

"ARGHHHHHHH, FRESH MEAT"

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...