Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   542 views

Description

Hi, I am new to trading but not new to diablo. I have posted quite a few items to trade and I never got a single response. I know I am not selling end game stuff but some of the items are not bad at all. My question is, when it comes to trading in general, what kind of items are usually traded. Can someone please shed some light. I have a huge storage problem and getting rid of some of these items would help a lot.

Edit.

I am on ps4 so maybe less trades on consoles?
Description by Broto

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi, I am new to trading but not new to diablo. I have posted quite a few items to trade and I never got a single response. I know I am not selling end game stuff but some of the items are not bad at all. My question is, when it comes to trading in general, what kind of items are usually traded. Can someone please shed some light. I have a huge storage problem and getting rid of some of these items would help a lot.

Edit.

I am on ps4 so maybe less trades on consoles?
there are so many items and variables in this game and with ladder approaching in days less people are inclined to trade right now. alot have gotten the items they want so items they need are usually items to complete niche builds or even items that are super rare. you will have more luck in ladder or when ladder releases maybe non ladder will pick up some.

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)
I don't know about the console trading, i am just PC right now so i can't answer that specific question

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)
OP
When I posted the items I wrote "make me an offer". Meaning I would take most offers (even stuff costing less than historic prices) but still nothing. I guess there are not too many people playing d2 on ps4 or any of the above mentioned reasons.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Looking at your trades listed, three points come to mind:

1) You seem to be exclusively on Playstation. That inherently limits your responses as console populations are apparently much, much smaller than PC.

2) You seem to be listing items that while not necessarily bad are very much early gear. The game has been going long enough to where most folks, especially the ones trading here, are beyond the stage where they would still use most of that gear, in turn again limiting your responses.

3) While your "make me an offer" may sound like a good idea on paper as it prevents just asking too much, I for one have had very little success with that approach as well. I get much more bites when I mention a fair buy-it-now price, rather than just going "looking for offers". Something about the open end seems to be deterring a lot of folks.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Oh and since you specifically asked for items that trade more easily:
Obviously, higher runes and top-end gear like Griffon's and whatnot always trade well. But starting out, you can try specifically farming things like
Perfect Gems
, crafting runes (
Ral
and the like) and
Key
sets. Those pretty much always sell and their price always increases (well, keys stay quite steady but crafting mats and gems keep going up slowly).

Also, if you are capable of killing DClone (or if there's someone here who can help on console), farm him whenever a walk happens. Annis may not be worth nearly what they were just a few short weeks ago but they work wonders to jumpstart your trading and initial Wealth.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...