diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
57 replies   26614 views

Description

I saw this post while browsing the
Find Potion
skill, I'm trying to maximize my
Find Item
skill and was wondering how this synergy worked? it doesn't display on the tool tip in game.

"Find-Item with Find-Potion Synergy
Klenkogi wrote:
We did some testing and we can confirm
It's indeed a hidden synergy
Find Potion
is a hidden 1% synergy towards
Find Item
At a certain skill level it makes more sense to put points into
Find Potion
rather than
Find Item
because of the diminishing returns.

The sweet spot is lvl 16
Find Item
with lvl 20
Find Potion
for 69%"

Are these hard points or can I put one point into
Find Item
and 5 into
Find Potion
and get to 16/20 using skill buffs?
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

I saw this post while browsing the
Find Potion
skill, I'm trying to maximize my
Find Item
skill and was wondering how this synergy worked? it doesn't display on the tool tip in game.

"Find-Item with Find-Potion Synergy
Klenkogi wrote:
We did some testing and we can confirm
It's indeed a hidden synergy
Find Potion
is a hidden 1% synergy towards
Find Item
At a certain skill level it makes more sense to put points into
Find Potion
rather than
Find Item
because of the diminishing returns.

The sweet spot is lvl 16
Find Item
with lvl 20
Find Potion
for 69%"

Are these hard points or can I put one point into
Find Item
and 5 into
Find Potion
and get to 16/20 using skill buffs?
All synergies, if they exist, require hard points. If the hidden synergy is real, you will need to place 20 points into
Find Potion
. You can use level 1
Find Item
+15 skill points to get to 16 though.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Katonda wrote: 2 years ago
All synergies, if they exist, require hard points. If the hidden synergy is real, you will need to place 20 points into
Find Potion
. You can use level 1
Find Item
+15 skill points to get to 16 though.
*excluding summon druid synergies which also benefit from gear points

Deleted User 632 0

It's hard points
I heard the same. Let us know if you are planning to experiment.
OP
zilonka wrote: 2 years ago
I heard the same. Let us know if you are planning to experiment.
I plan on checking it out later today, need to farm a few green ess first only have one token atm and dont want to test it and not be able to go back to what i was running.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago

WHAAAT?

I had no idea. How weird.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC

WHAAAT?

Aye. It's their hidden class bonus. Kind of like how assassins get to open locked chests without keys.
OP
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
It's hard points
Does it show up on the
Find Item
%? I put 20 hard points into it, and it didn't change the % on
Find Item

WHAAAT?

Aye. It's their hidden class bonus. Kind of like how assassins get to open locked chests without keys.
do u remember any other hidden class bonus?, its really interesting, i knew about druid summons but not the assa hability xD, and i play with assa and leave in the inventory one spot for keys... hahahahaha

I only accept public offers in trade post . Don't PM me with offers please. Thank you.

I play both PC and Nintendo Switch.
Tangentially related to all this, if folks want the
Dagger
that has all the
Find Item
skill bonuses, holler @ me, I have one that's been sitting around forever. I know trading is over there, but this just seems like the crowd for it.

Deleted User 632 0

Azer-Archon wrote: 2 years ago
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
It's hard points
Does it show up on the
Find Item
%? I put 20 hard points into it, and it didn't change the % on
Find Item
no. it's a hidden bonus.
Yep, 20 points in
Find Potion
and 1 point in
Find Item
is the new way to go IMO. Noticeable difference with Trav.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
It does seem a bit strange that in a patch that was among other things very specifically aimed at making tooltips complete and adding all hidden synergies and boni to said tooltips, you would also get a Brand new hidden synergy that remains hidden.
Not that I would really be surprised by Blizz doing that but..yeah

That having been said, the only supporting "evidence" I can find for this is random claims from equally random unformatted supposed PTR build patch notes and people who "tested" this with like 5 or 10 runs, just to then go "well it feels like it might be more consistent" and even those weren't on live. Additionally, some of those claimed breaking 100% on
Find Item
which is just...what's the highest you can get for
Find Item
again? Level 58 with shrine I believe which is 59% chance. Adding in a 1% synergy on 20 pts would put that at 79. Blizz probably won't have suddenly re-invented the way barb synergies work just to make this one work with soft points as well to get you to 100+. So yeah, the evidence for all of this is lackluster to say the least.

If someone wants to do a statistically relevant amount of runs with and without
Find Potion
maxed and actually keep track of the numbers though, go for it! Would put this to rest one way or another.
It does seem a bit strange that in a patch that was among other things very specifically aimed at making tooltips complete and adding all hidden synergies and boni to said tooltips, you would also get a Brand new hidden synergy that remains hidden.

That having been said, the only supporting "evidence" I can find for this is random claims from equally random unformatted supposed PTR build patch notes and people who "tested" this with like 5 or 10 runs, just to then go "well it feels like it might be more consistent" and even those weren't on live. Additionally, some of those claimed breaking 100% on
Find Item
Find Item
again? Level 58 with shrine I believe which is 59% chance. Adding in a 1% synergy on 20 pts would put that at 79. Blizz probably won't have suddenly re-invented the way barb synergies work just to make this one work with soft points as well to get you to 100+. So yeah, the evidence for all of this is lackluster to say the least.

Find Potion
maxed and actually keep track of the numbers though, go for it! Would put this to rest one way or another.
Someone with some time to kill could run some baseline single players games on P1,P3,P7 etc doing something like cow runs.

Hork a few hundred cows with and without 'synergies' and record the video.

Then scrape through the video to get some data and see if the data matches with the known item generation mechanisms/equations and put this to rest.

Until I see or do something like the above, I too remain skeptical.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC

Find Item
Find Item

Find Potion
Someone with some time to kill could run some baseline single players games on P1,P3,P7 etc doing something like cow runs.

Hork a few hundred cows with and without 'synergies' and record the video.

Then scrape through the video to get some data and see if the data matches with the known item generation mechanisms/equations and put this to rest.

Until I see or do something like the above, I too remain skeptical.
I might actually be bored enough to do that later on (minus the video, would just keep track manually)...if I happen upon a few more essences first. I fully expect this to be BS and to have to respec back out of
Find Potion
immediately afterwards.

Hork 1k cows twice, shouldn't take too long really and should give a decent enough idea, considering that the difference should be a solid 19%.
I might actually be bored enough to do that later on (minus the video, would just keep track manually)...if I happen upon a few more essences first. I fully expect this to be BS and to have to respec back out of
Find Potion
immediately afterwards.

Hork 1k cows twice, shouldn't take too long really and should give a decent enough idea, considering that the difference should be a solid 19%.
Thanks. I appreciate your willingness to participate in some citizen science.

Hero-editing two barbs with modded weapon to kill cows in single player would be the way I would do it. Something like level 23 multishot with +50000 elemental/magic damage (not cold), max ed and ignore target defense, dual leach, max resis and dr on a max ias bow on left click. Should one-shot everything fast. hork on right click.

Faster and cheaper than respeccing your online characters. Maybe using a click counter in the background to track how many times you right clicked and then only counting manually how many times something came out of a corpse. You could consider manual tracking by pressing another (unused) mouse button or
Key

This is kind of how flight attendants count passengers. Less prone to human error and less stressful.

If there is any deviation, I think the critical step will be to compare the data to the known item generation equations, so we can calculate what the effect is and if it really is 1% per level.
So I just respeced my Trav barb, put 20 points into
Find Potion
and 1 into
Find Item
and did ~30 runs. The hidden synergy is definitely there, and it's kinda staggering how huge it is.

Firstly, I finally learned that the council spawns with 7 or 8 minions, roughly 50/50 of the time. Probably has to do with the "magical line" though.

Before the respec, my final hork chance was displayed as 56%. After the respec, at 1 hard point and +13 to skills, it's 47%.

My methodology was simple: hork the corpses one at a time and count in my head: "One to zero. Two to zero. Two to one..." where the first number was successful horks, and the second, failed ones.

I had four or five doozy runs where the ratio was 5-5 or 6-5. Never below 50% success, not once.

I also had two or three runs where it was 10-1 or 9-1.

Most of the runs were 7-3, 7-4, 8-2 and 8-3.

With this tiny sample size, I'd say the final hork chance is ~75%, i.e. the hidden synergy adds 30-ish% on top of what the game shows.

Edit: lowered my estimate from 80% to 75%.
If this is true, there will be a lot more hork barbs leeching in public CS runs. Hopefully they bring along maxxed BO. If it wasn't so mind-numbingly boring, I would consider doing it myself.
If this is true, there will be a lot more hork barbs leeching in public CS runs. Hopefully they bring along maxxed BO. If it wasn't so mind-numbingly boring, I would consider doing it myself.
I prefer solo Trav, but horking CS is fun for a change too. Since mah boi is a zerker, maxxed BO is a given.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...