Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   12317 views

Anyone tried a dual dream-Paladin with a Doom-weapon and a Dragon-armor on top + an Infinity-merc?

No data yet

Description

Hi there,

I'm playing a classic-Tesladin with dual Dream + Grief + Fortitude and a Pride-merc. I want to test something different and want to know if the combination in the topic is worthwhile the runes it would cost. The merc would have an Infinity as I need Level 2 Fanaticsm + the 45% IAS from Doom (made with a
War Spike
or a
Scourge
) + 40% IAS from LoH &
Highlord's Wrath
to reach the max
Zeal
-breakpoint. The skillpoints I freed from
Conviction
would go into
Resist Cold
and
Resist Fire
to boost the two auras.

Another option would be dual Dream + Doom-weapon but not with a Dragon-armor but a Fortitude-armor and maxed out
Resist Cold

Has anyone tried this and how is the damage compared to a dual Dream-Paladin with Grief and Fortitude? I'm tempted but I don't want to waste the runes needed for such a plan.

Thanks in advance :-).

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi there,

I'm playing a classic-Tesladin with dual Dream + Grief + Fortitude and a Pride-merc. I want to test something different and want to know if the combination in the topic is worthwhile the runes it would cost. The merc would have an Infinity as I need Level 2 Fanaticsm + the 45% IAS from Doom (made with a
War Spike
or a
Scourge
) + 40% IAS from LoH &
Highlord's Wrath
to reach the max
Zeal
Conviction
would go into
Resist Cold
and
Resist Fire
to boost the two auras.

Another option would be dual Dream + Doom-weapon but not with a Dragon-armor but a Fortitude-armor and maxed out
Resist Cold

Has anyone tried this and how is the damage compared to a dual Dream-Paladin with Grief and Fortitude? I'm tempted but I don't want to waste the runes needed for such a plan.

ThePfusch wrote: 2 years ago
Hi there,

War Spike
or a
Scourge
) + 40% IAS from LoH &
Highlord's Wrath
to reach the max
Zeal
Conviction
would go into
Resist Cold
and
Resist Fire
to boost the two auras.

Resist Cold

Do you actually want to hit things or kill stuff just by walking around? I have a bunch of the gear I have been testing and found a few set ups that work. I haven't tried the Infinity on merc yet but was considering it.

My current build is expensive but lazy...
Hand of Justice PB, Dragon Ap, Dragon SR, 3 5/5 fire faceted
Diadem
of the whale. 30 maras, Bk,
Raven
, Dungo, E trek,
Laying of Hands
, high torch and anni. I have max resists and melt anything not fire immune in any player difficulty... fire immunes on the other hand take a few
Zeal
hits but I dont really bother with them. I have a stacked A5 merc with Grief, Last Wish, efort, chammed arreats and he kills whatever my aura doesnt. I have just stood there 4x while dclone spawns and watched him kill it in a 3 player game.
OP
I want to hit things :-).
edited my previous post with more detail.

If you want to hit things Dual Dream, fort, and weapon of choice. If you have Infinity on merc you won't hit max
Conviction
though. Doom with light/cold/
Salvation
synergies should do plenty of damage and slow from cold. But be prepared for high repair costs from using
Zeal
on a non-indestructible weapon
Like 15 years ago, I had both a dreamer with Fortitude and Grief and one with Hand of Justice and Dragon.
The Hand of Justice one was underwhelming because of worse leech, not enough skill points for 20 points in
Holy Shield
. I think the damage was worse as well.

But if you want to try different dreamer builds, consider Faith on an act 1 merc.

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)
OP
Verband wrote: 2 years ago
Like 15 years ago, I had both a dreamer with Fortitude and Grief and one with Hand of Justice and Dragon.
The Hand of Justice one was underwhelming because of worse leech, not enough skill points for 20 points in
Holy Shield
. I think the damage was worse as well.

But if you want to try different dreamer builds, consider Faith on an act 1 merc.
I currently do not own a Faith and at the moment I do not possess the runes to make Faith AND other expensive rws. This would be a project for the future.
With my current build I dumped just one skillpoint in
Holy Shield
and with the charms and other +skill-gear I get 10 skillpoints (plus 1 from the CTA-buff) which is safe enough for me, no need for 20 skill points there :-).
Azer-Archon wrote: 2 years ago
edited my previous post with more detail.

If you want to hit things Dual Dream, fort, and weapon of choice. If you have Infinity on merc you won't hit max
Conviction
though. Doom with light/cold/
Salvation
synergies should do plenty of damage and slow from cold. But be prepared for high repair costs from using
Zeal
on a non-indestructible weapon
Mmmh, I didn't want to
Sacrifice
the max-
Zeal
-bp in my first consideration. But I think max
Conviction
+ lower
Zeal
-bp would generate more damage than Lvl 12
Conviction
from Infinity + max-
Zeal
-bp when I think about it. Maybe I'll make just a Doom-
Scourge
with no changes in the skills and switch it with my Grief to test as a starter.
The idea of having all three elemental auras is still tempting, but I'm not sure if the shift away from my original setup would be worth the cost.
OP
I ditched the idea of combining Doom with Dual Dream, there is just no way to achieve the 5,2 APS-bp with
Zeal
while having a Level 25
Conviction
-Aura + Dragon-armor. With Treachery I would have reached the last
Zeal
-bp, but then my Paladin would deal much less damage as planned.

So I made a Dragon-Armor and a Hand of Justice in a
Phase Blade
and combined them with Dual Dream and this setup just blows my mind :-). It is much stronger than Dual Dream + Grief + Fortitude, even in River of Flames & Chaos it is overall faster than my previous setup despite the fire immunes. The two Level 30 Auras are so strong, in WSK the Burning Souls are done with just two aura-ticks and interestingly the loss of nearly 7000 buffed defense is no loss but an advantage 'cause the more I got hit the quicker
Confuse
from the Dreams will proc. Also the Freezes Target- and Hit blinds target-mods are nice.
I still use the Might-merc from Act 2 and he wields a Pride to buff the physical damage which is much lower then the damage from the two auras but high enough to kill mobs which are immune to lightning AND fire reasonably fast.

So far the most damaging setup my Paladin had until now :-).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation