Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
166 replies   25026 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Zero187 wrote: 2 years ago
Asia keeps showing 6/6 for me (twice now in last few minutes), but only 2/6 still when I check in game. Who let their kid use the computer!? Somebody def messing around..

And now America showing 5/6.. No way is it back up that quick.
I know this is stupid. Can't they set this up so that people can't be dumb about it? It's up and down and all over the map

Active on D2R most evenings Pacific Standard Time
OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
People can always be dumb about it.

Either because they are intentionally being dumb or because they..well, are being dumb.

The harder you make it to enter false information, the more complicated you make it to enter accurate information as well, in turn driving down participation.

Hitting the ideal middle Ground between the two is..challenging.

The hope is that with a critical mass of contributions and once this whole thing has become more established, the incorrect entries will keep going down and the ones that do make it in will be corrected soon enough (as they already are for the most part).
Good lord, is it really already up to 4 again?
edit: nope ppl putting in the wrong status again.
Maybe a note telling people that setting it to 6 here on the independent forum doesn't force a spawn on the server? I mean, one would think that would be obvious, but...

Or maybe just everyone agree to be big girls and big boys and not mess with the tracker? Not like it is really funny, or cool. I mean, I am impressed that someone puts in wrong data on a public tracker based on the Honor system. Makes me want to be like that when I grow up. But that is just me.
Can general public use the tracker or do they need an account. I saw a link for the tracker posted in the trade channel of d2, a mass group chat for general play and on another site…. It’s cool to see that people are checking it out but it might also have a downside
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
The harder you make it to enter false information, the more complicated you make it to enter accurate information as well, in turn driving down participation.
I agree, but as a matter of product design, the more work you make something, the more likely it will be used by a motivated actor. If we can assume that the core d2io community is motivated to get the tracker right, then the effort isn't really the issue. Based on what's currently happening with the progress numbers, less participation is in fact a desired outcome (disincentivize the trolls, if that's what's happening)?

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
Just saw Europe jump up to 5 and then back to 1... was someone trolling or did I miss it?
@ trubbs, no europe as been one all day

NON LADDER THIS IS NON LADDER NON NON LADDER ALL TRADES ARE NON LADDER
Azer-Archon wrote: 2 years ago
Can general public use the tracker or do they need an account. I saw a link for the tracker posted in the trade channel of d2, a mass group chat for general play and on another site…. It’s cool to see that people are checking it out but it might also have a downside
that link on the d2 forum is how I found this website =P and I was able to correct the track before I made this account
here we go again boys, its moved 3 times in about 15 minutes to 4/6 as of this writing start your games!!

NON LADDER THIS IS NON LADDER NON NON LADDER ALL TRADES ARE NON LADDER
Guessing the pings for EU+Asia are trolls? 5/6 on Americas rn I'm sitting in a game waiting.
Got one!
+16 attr, 11+ res, 10% exp
I'm available if anyone needs help
AzerArchon#1346
just spawned on NA
anyone needs help message me.

Will always consider fair counter offers.
All of my items are also listed on traderie.com.
Alright just helped a few more people. :) killed 5 clones today...
TY to you and your GG merc :D
Vocation wrote: 2 years ago
TY to you and your GG merc :D
I really enjoy watching my a5 merc "Khan" kill him while I drink a beer chuckling thinking about star trek meme's and that diablos about to feel the "Wrath of khan"...
Are people trolling the tracker somehow? I keep seeing it get to 5/6 or 6/6, then resetting to 2/6 with no spawn.
mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
Are people trolling the tracker somehow? I keep seeing it get to 5/6 or 6/6, then resetting to 2/6 with no spawn.
Definitely.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...