Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   362 views

Description

Hey all!

I have been a D2 player since I was about 12 and playing Resurrected 20 years later has given me a wave of nostalgia. Unfortunately, the lobbies on the Xbox are a mess and trading is almost impossible to find what you want. I just came across this site and put up a few things but I'm a bit lost as far as what I need to include in my trades, if going off of sale history for PC is a fair market value for Xbox and in general some of the short hand and abbreviations.

In brief, any advice for getting started here? Hoping to make some trades soon and just one
Ist
away from cubing up to my first ever HoTO!
Description by Pmalone6

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey all!

I have been a D2 player since I was about 12 and playing Resurrected 20 years later has given me a wave of nostalgia. Unfortunately, the lobbies on the Xbox are a mess and trading is almost impossible to find what you want. I just came across this site and put up a few things but I'm a bit lost as far as what I need to include in my trades, if going off of sale history for PC is a fair market value for Xbox and in general some of the short hand and abbreviations.

In brief, any advice for getting started here? Hoping to make some trades soon and just one
Ist
away from cubing up to my first ever HoTO!
I'll make a guess that the population of xbox players is both lower and less dedicated to the game than desktop users in terms of hours played. So there's likely to be less gear in circulation. However, since cross-platform and cross-server trading is possible with some intermittent steps, the prices should likely be similar. If they weren't, those differences would be exploited by arbitrage agents until they eventually equaled out anyways.

As for information to include: any stats that have the potential to vary in the item really helps set you apart and saves time for both you and the seller, since most people will ask about those.
OP
Good stuff thanks for the reply! I have a ton of gear and try not to post any junk but also didn't want to flood 50+ items at once so I've been trying to spread it out. I guess with the lower player base, I'll have to be patient and if I get a sale hey great!

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Well to start your listings need some attention - it seems you aren't selecting the items themselves from the dropdown menu, and opting to add rarity filters etc. manually instead. When you type in the item's name, click the results from the dropdown and your listings will become a lot more visible (and will have icons too).

As for learning here, make use of the price checker tool to gauge prices for your items so you know roughly what range of offers to consider and which ones aren't worth your time. Also, feel free to ask specific questions here in the forums and we will help get you on your feet :)

Of all the 4 platforms, Xbox is the least populated in terms of market activity, so bear that in mind - you'll have to work a bit harder to make sales on xbox. Check out the player services filter on the browse page - you'll find people in there who will do 'escrow' services across platforms, allowing you to trade valuable items cross-platform (usually for a price as katonda pointed out).

Good luck mate, again feel free to ask here if you get stuck.

OP
That's a big tip thank you! I've been going to the item's page and then hitting "List It" which I think has been the issue. I'll have to go back and clean those up, cheers!

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Pmalone6 wrote: 2 years ago
That's a big tip thank you! I've been going to the item's page and then hitting "List It" which I think has been the issue. I'll have to go back and clean those up, cheers!
Thanks for this, yeah you should see the dropdown menu opening up after followeing that link but agreed its not very clear that you need to click from that.

OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Pmalone6 wrote: 2 years ago
Thanks for this, yeah you should see the dropdown menu opening up after followeing that link but agreed its not very clear that you need to click from that.
Didn't take very long at all, just deleting the last letter generated the drop down and I was able to properly link all of my postings that way quickly.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Much better :) Next thing, why have you selected Ladder? Ladder hasn't released yet for Resurrected.

FYI Ladder settings are being disabled tonight as part of site update v1.37 anyway, so not really an issue just curious.

OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Much better :) Next thing, why have you selected Ladder? Ladder hasn't released yet for Resurrected.

FYI Ladder settings are being disabled tonight as part of site update v1.37 anyway, so not really an issue just curious.
Good catch, I think it was habit more than anything from most of my childhood being spent playing there haha but I fixed that one too thank you!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation