Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   1956 views

Description

Hello, finally got my 2nd char through hell, a meteorb sorc. Those ancients were the worst!

I was really excited to play the sorc again because of all her utility skills like
Teleport
and telekenesis, but damn it’s still so clunky without a mouse. The inability to mouse over enemies to check their immunes has lead to more than a few of my deaths, plus without the mouse option, we can’t open our inventory and interact with objects on the Ground like those on computers.

Any skill that needs a bit of targeting is much more difficult to use. I initially tried the orb/firewall build, but it’s basically useless because I can’t choose where the spell is cast...

Runs definitely take much longer without that mouse/keyboard interface.

If blizzard wanted to make it better for those of us on consoles, I’d settle with changing our drops rates, I just don’t see the thousands of runs needed for high runes possible in comparable times...

Anyone else with me? Or am I being too knit-picky (it’s totally possible)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 535

Switch
Hello, finally got my 2nd char through hell, a meteorb sorc. Those ancients were the worst!

I was really excited to play the sorc again because of all her utility skills like
Teleport
and telekenesis, but damn it’s still so clunky without a mouse. The inability to mouse over enemies to check their immunes has lead to more than a few of my deaths, plus without the mouse option, we can’t open our inventory and interact with objects on the Ground like those on computers.

Any skill that needs a bit of targeting is much more difficult to use. I initially tried the orb/firewall build, but it’s basically useless because I can’t choose where the spell is cast...

Runs definitely take much longer without that mouse/keyboard interface.

If blizzard wanted to make it better for those of us on consoles, I’d settle with changing our drops rates, I just don’t see the thousands of runs needed for high runes possible in comparable times...

Anyone else with me? Or am I being too knit-picky (it’s totally possible)
I feel like you’re being a bit nit picky. Yes some cast skills could use some work but besides that I’ve had no issues. I’ve also had no problems seeing immunes? I’m not sure what you mean there. 9/10 times I prefer the quick skill usage from consoles compared to mouse. Although I also don’t cram pack full my inventory with charms and keep a cube to drop items into an extremely limited space. So if you do that then I guess console is a deal breaker for you lol
I play on a PC with a joystick. The controls are comfortable enough for me. I had diablo on xbox, PS. And now I sometimes play diablo on the console. I have a keyboard and mouse on the console as well, but I don't even know if it's possible or not to play diablo with them - I've never tried. I also always play all diablo clones with a joystick. For me, this is not a shooter where shooting accuracy and quick reaction are required.
If they adjust drop rates, they need to separate the servers.
I only hope they would add some hotkeys to inventory management, so you could id items with just one click or transfer to the cube without opening it. As well as pick loot from the Ground straight to cube.
Also would be nice if the inventory/stats screen dont fill the whole screen and you could move your character while these screens are open.

Of course lobby system like in pc would be great, though i've used to current shitty one.

I hope they dont change the drop rates.
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Thanks for everyone’s feedback!

I guess I’m just nostalgic for the experience I had in my old computer.

Now to put my head down and get back to farming for those elusive high runes.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Moondew wrote: 2 years ago
I play on a PC with a joystick. The controls are comfortable enough for me. I had diablo on xbox, PS. And now I sometimes play diablo on the console. I have a keyboard and mouse on the console as well, but I don't even know if it's possible or not to play diablo with them - I've never tried. I also always play all diablo clones with a joystick. For me, this is not a shooter where shooting accuracy and quick reaction are required.
Out of curiosity...how? And with what joystick?

I know it runs with gamepads (which I don't currently have) but I tried to get D2:R to recognize my joystick and it just wouldn't. Given, the only reason I'd want it is for fair looting against gamepad users in public
Baal
runs (seriously..that loot button...ugh) but with no joystick being recognized, that's sadly not an option.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago

I know it runs with gamepads (which I don't currently have) but I tried to get D2:R to recognize my joystick and it just wouldn't. Given, the only reason I'd want it is for fair looting against gamepad users in public
Baal
runs (seriously..that loot button...ugh) but with no joystick being recognized, that's sadly not an option.
Currently, my xbox x console - it has a great joystick. I used to have an XBOX joystick on my PC, but wired, since wireless has problems with periodic disconnection. Now I have a different joystick on my PC - as an experiment about 5 months ago I bought GameSir T4 Pro (quite a successful model, works both on Bluetooth and with a connected cable). There are no problems with connection. There were several other models of Logitech joysticks for the PC, but not all of them are good for me - immediately after purchase they need to be disassembled and the trigger springs cut off, which deprives warranty repair. In general, it's easier for me to play on the joystick than on the keyboard. It's probably a matter of habit for many years. It is also more convenient for me to be on the couch after work than to sit at the table near the keyboard. My PC is also connected to the TV, as is my game console.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC

Baal
Currently, my xbox x console - it has a great joystick. I used to have an XBOX joystick on my PC, but wired, since wireless has problems with periodic disconnection. Now I have a different joystick on my PC - as an experiment about 5 months ago I bought GameSir T4 Pro (quite a successful model, works both on Bluetooth and with a connected cable). There are no problems with connection. There were several other models of Logitech joysticks for the PC, but not all of them are good for me - immediately after purchase they need to be disassembled and the trigger springs cut off, which deprives warranty repair. In general, it's easier for me to play on the joystick than on the keyboard. It's probably a matter of habit for many years. It is also more convenient for me to be on the couch after work than to sit at the table near the keyboard. My PC is also connected to the TV, as is my game console.
And the various PC joysticks you tried worked with D2:R (on PC)? Anything special you did to make that run?

Got an X-56 here and can't find any way for D2:R to accept any input from it. :/

Baal
And the various PC joysticks you tried worked with D2:R (on PC)? Anything special you did to make that run?

Got an X-56 here and can't find any way for D2:R to accept any input from it. :/
Does your joystick look like an airplane steering wheel? I get something like this at the request of X-56. In any case, you need to look for a joystick that a PC can identify as an XBOX joystick (there are many fewer problems with them), and read reviews about connecting in games in advance. Perhaps you should look for a topic on the forums specifically for your model.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC

Does your joystick look like an airplane steering wheel? I get something like this at the request of X-56. In any case, you need to look for a joystick that a PC can identify as an XBOX joystick (there are many fewer problems with them), and read reviews about connecting in games in advance. Perhaps you should look for a topic on the forums specifically for your model.
It is a HOTAS so..bit of both. The XBOX bit is an interesting point though. Guess I'll continue to look into it. :)
Thanks mate.
Joystick seems interesting way of playing d2, i wonder have anyone tried guitar hero controller?

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Pillumaakari wrote: 2 years ago
Joystick seems interesting way of playing d2, i wonder have anyone tried guitar hero controller?
@Darbon when?

I use two Powergloves and a racing chair.
I wish they make vr version of d2, how easy it would be to find that damn tower from
Black Marsh

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Pillumaakari wrote: 2 years ago
@Darbon when?
I tried dual shock 3 on PC and it was ok but I can't achieve the required precision with anything else than mouse+kb in this game

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...