Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   2354 views

Description

Hi,

I have some doubts about Ubers, so want to receive some advice on how to approach them.

My char is a
Frenzy
Barb 91 level with Dual Griefs, Lionheart, Arreat Face, LoH (Have Dracs also), Gore Riders, Verdungo (Thundergod), Mara Amulet (because of Resistances),
Raven Frost
and Dual Leach + Res Rare Ring. My Merc is with
Andariel
's, Reapers Toll and Treachery. Have ~4000 Life with the buffs

So I already fought the Ubers one time with the above setup (Dracs gloves for
Life Tap
and Thundergod for Light absorb) and here are my observations:

-
Duriel
- no problem, it took some time, but it was easy
-
Izual
- the easiest, no problems at all in the whole level
-
Lilith
- I had some problems with isolating her from her minions (one with
Conviction
), after that my merc died pretty fast, but I had no problems with
Life Tap
(She hits really hard but with so much Life and
Life Tap
it was bearable)

Before entering
Tristram
, I buffed myself with
Fade
(from Treachery) and my res was set at ~300 (So with Hell -100 and
Conviction
-125 to be ~75).

-
Mephisto
- with so much res, I had no problems at all killing him pretty fast (my merc died really fast)
-
Baal
(I thought he would be the easiest from the primes) - this was actually the toughest one, with his Physical res minions, I had problems lowering his life. I had no problems with the survivability, but he was constantly healing while I was Berserking minions to get to him and it was a pain to succeed with killing him (once he healed from half life to full very fast, also spawned clone). Probably here I am missing CB (in this setup only from Gores) My merc stayed alive for the whole fight.
- Diablo - it was easy and my merc stayed alive.

So in my next run, I want to make
Baal
easier and here are my thoughts:

1. I've already made Duress to switch Lionheart (to add some more CB and OW)
2. After
Mephisto
to switch Dracs with LoH (don't think I need
Life Tap
for
Baal
and Diablo since my Merc is spawning Decrep and I was ok with my Life leach). The idea is to increase greatly damage with 350 Dmg to Demons. Also to switch Thundergods with Verdungo (no need of Light absorb and also to benefit from damage reduction)

So, I am wondering if these changes will make the difference, or I need to add Guillaume's (which I don't want currently because of the great benefits of Arreat, and also I will need to respec, because dex won't be enough for the Griefs).
Also I can make Fortitude, but I am trying currently to not spend
Lo
if not necessary, also not sure if this added damage will be better than Duress's CB and OW.
Other thing is I can create Death for CB, but not a great fan of slower speed of
Colossus Blade

Any thoughts will be much appreciated :)
Description by k88lech

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi,

I have some doubts about Ubers, so want to receive some advice on how to approach them.

My char is a
Frenzy
Barb 91 level with Dual Griefs, Lionheart, Arreat Face, LoH (Have Dracs also), Gore Riders, Verdungo (Thundergod), Mara Amulet (because of Resistances),
Raven Frost
and Dual Leach + Res Rare Ring. My Merc is with
Andariel
's, Reapers Toll and Treachery. Have ~4000 Life with the buffs

So I already fought the Ubers one time with the above setup (Dracs gloves for
Life Tap
and Thundergod for Light absorb) and here are my observations:

-
Duriel
- no problem, it took some time, but it was easy
-
Izual
- the easiest, no problems at all in the whole level
-
Lilith
- I had some problems with isolating her from her minions (one with
Conviction
), after that my merc died pretty fast, but I had no problems with
Life Tap
(She hits really hard but with so much Life and
Life Tap
it was bearable)

Before entering
Tristram
, I buffed myself with
Fade
(from Treachery) and my res was set at ~300 (So with Hell -100 and
Conviction
-125 to be ~75).

-
Mephisto
- with so much res, I had no problems at all killing him pretty fast (my merc died really fast)
-
Baal
(I thought he would be the easiest from the primes) - this was actually the toughest one, with his Physical res minions, I had problems lowering his life. I had no problems with the survivability, but he was constantly healing while I was Berserking minions to get to him and it was a pain to succeed with killing him (once he healed from half life to full very fast, also spawned clone). Probably here I am missing CB (in this setup only from Gores) My merc stayed alive for the whole fight.
- Diablo - it was easy and my merc stayed alive.

So in my next run, I want to make
Baal
easier and here are my thoughts:

1. I've already made Duress to switch Lionheart (to add some more CB and OW)
2. After
Mephisto
to switch Dracs with LoH (don't think I need
Life Tap
for
Baal
and Diablo since my Merc is spawning Decrep and I was ok with my Life leach). The idea is to increase greatly damage with 350 Dmg to Demons. Also to switch Thundergods with Verdungo (no need of Light absorb and also to benefit from damage reduction)

So, I am wondering if these changes will make the difference, or I need to add Guillaume's (which I don't want currently because of the great benefits of Arreat, and also I will need to respec, because dex won't be enough for the Griefs).
Also I can make Fortitude, but I am trying currently to not spend
Lo
if not necessary, also not sure if this added damage will be better than Duress's CB and OW.
Other thing is I can create Death for CB, but not a great fan of slower speed of
Colossus Blade

Any thoughts will be much appreciated :)

geo89 51

Assassin Americas XLinux
That merc is gonna die and not be of much help.

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.
How about Lawbringer for
Decrepify
and
Sanctuary Aura
?
It is better than Grief to kill Physical res minions

Relax and have fun!
OP
geo89 wrote: 2 years ago
That merc is gonna die and not be of much help.
Actually he only died with Lillith and Memphisto, otherwise I find it very helpful.
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 2 years ago
How about Lawbringer for
Decrepify
and
Sanctuary Aura
?
It is better than Grief to kill Physical res minions
I thought about that, but not sure about this
Sanctuary Aura
will be useful for
Baal
and I am afraid that my damage may suffer a lot. I think that the main problem is that I am not dealing much damage fast to
Baal
, but I may be wrong though.
k88lech wrote: 2 years ago

I thought about that, but not sure about this
Sanctuary Aura
will be useful for
Baal
and I am afraid that my damage may suffer a lot. I think that the main problem is that I am not dealing much damage fast to
Baal
, but I may be wrong though.
If I understood well, the problem was about you was busy killing minions so that
Baal
had time healing.
Lawbringer is for minions, not
Baal
Knockback from Sanctuary make some minions away from you.
Decrepify
helps you kill minions faster.

You can try it as Lawbringer will cost you almost nothing.

PS : You need more CB and Open Wounds so Duress instead of Lionheart

Relax and have fun!
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 2 years ago

You can try it as Lawbringer will cost you almost nothing.

PS : You need more CB and Open Wounds so Duress instead of Lionheart
Yep, you are right, will try with Lawbringer, thanks for the advice

Deleted User 632 0

or
Azurewrath
Decrepify
is probably not good if you want
Life Tap
Sanctuary Aura
makes you ignore physical resist of undead monsters.
OP
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
or
Azurewrath
Decrepify
is probably not good if you want
Life Tap
Sanctuary Aura
makes you ignore physical resist of undead monsters.
Azurewrath
was another option that I was considering, but till now never found one and tought to deal with what I have currently. And yes, I will not put it with
Lilith
and
Mephisto
(there double griefs are working perfectly), because there
Life Tap
is essential.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Personally, I wouldn't bother with minions until after the uber is dead. That goes for all of them. You just end up taking forever due to constant switching and start running the risk of dying because you have running offtime with no leech. Not to mention all of that time switching may result in
Life Tap
wearing off on your original target.

The only exception to that should be if you manage to get surrounded entirely and the uber moves away but even on
Baal
, that shouldn't happen much (in fact, I don't believe it ever has for me).

How quickly are you killing the ubers though? Maybe that's the real problem. For a build like that (read: most non-
Smite
) builds, they lose a lot of kill speed (and survivability) simply due to missing swings, caused by lack of AR. That's why the angelic combo is so popular for non-
Smite
uber builds. If you consistently hit, no uber should ever heal because your OW on them should never wear off (even if you don't have any OW outside of your drac's).
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Personally, I wouldn't bother with minions until after the uber is dead. That goes for all of them. You just end up taking forever due to constant switching and start running the risk of dying because you have running offtime with no leech. Not to mention all of that time switching may result in
Life Tap
wearing off on your original target.

The only exception to that should be if you manage to get surrounded entirely and the uber moves away but even on
Baal
, that shouldn't happen much (in fact, I don't believe it ever has for me).

How quickly are you killing the ubers though? Maybe that's the real problem. For a build like that (read: most non-
Smite
) builds, they lose a lot of kill speed (and survivability) simply due to missing swings, caused by lack of AR. That's why the angelic combo is so popular for non-
Smite
uber builds. If you consistently hit, no uber should ever heal because your OW on them should never wear off (even if you don't have any OW outside of your drac's).
I don't bother with minions, except when they prevent me from hitting the Uber itself. But when they are close to me, many of my
Frenzy
swings go for them and when they are Physical immuned, with my
Frenzy
they stay alive much longer time. If I want to get rid of them I should either reposition (but they catch me soon enough) or I need to kill them with
Berserk
which gives time for
Baal
to recover. With all other Ubers I finished them fast enough, because minions are not a problem (just because if they are close to me my
Frenzy
swings when hit them finish them pretty fast). Regarding AR, I have around 7k, which for other Ubers was OK, so I thought that this is not the problem (I see that I miss a lot, but still I am lowering their HP fast enough and without any concerns for my health).
I will try with Duress, LoH and Lawbringer for
Baal
to see if there will be any difference.
OP
Well, after the second run, here are my observations. Changes that I made:

1. Switched Lionheart with Duress
2. Got Lawbringer

So,
Lilith
was a little bit easier with Duress (I still used 2 Griefs)
For
Mephisto
forgot to use 2 Griefs and entered with Grief + Lawbringer, it was OK, I killed him fast, but because of
Decrepify
overriding
Life Tap
(Dracs), I needed to drink 1-2 potions.
For
Baal
used LoH and Grief + Lawbringer, and it was easier than the first try, I killed him fast, even though when he was at a half life Diablo spotted me and first spawned a few minions and after a second rushed to join the party :) Still I was able to kill
Baal
fast enough.
For Diablo first tried with Grief and Lawbringer but was not satisfied with the result and switched back to 2 Griefs and everything went smooth.

That were my observations, just sharing them here if someone finds them useful.
OP
To add some final thoughts here. On the third run I switched merc's Reapers Toll with Obedience in
Eth
Treasher. With the significant damage boost plus added resistance, he actually survived all mini and prime Ubers with only 2 rejuvs from me. Of course this resulted in way more relaxed Uber run as a whole.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation