diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2614 views

Pez: Recent maintenance was a success, the issues will not delay 2.4 or Ladder

No data yet

Description

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... /117667/96
Blizzard wrote:
So coming in here to clarify a few things…

We will post and let people know if it is Doom and Gloom fairly immediately to any future dates and plans. It is not Doom and Gloom. We should hold back on making assumptions and running creating threads like this which only causes widespread panic which only riles up the rest of the community into thinking the sky is falling.

Maintenance was a success. The reason why we did a rollback was because there was a bug after maintenance that only affected those who made hardcore characters and no standard characters. There were only a few thousand of these types of accounts but we want to ensure all characters and players are good to go. The intended changes were deployed and are in-effect.

KR and EU servers for a brief bit had an issue with game creation and was already addressed.

The only known issue that will be in the 2.4 patch is that character names are coming up as all CAPS. So enjoy screaming your name to the world for a few weeks as 2.4 hits on the 14th of April.

Cheers.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... &context=3
Blizzard wrote:
The maintenance was a success. The rollback was a rollback of the 1 hour the servers were up after maintenance to address an issue with accounts that only made hardcore characters and not any standard characters (it's only in the thousands) but we wanted to ensure all players were properly migrated. Thus we rolled back progress from right when maintenance ended.

EU/KR had some game creation issues but that was stamped out fairly immediately

Users will see their names in CAPS. Prepare to scream your name to everyone for a few weeks. This is fixed in 2.4.

All servers have the new database updates from maintenance.

April 14th is when 2.4 launches and we are still set on that.
I'm glad Pez was able to quickly communicate this and explain what happened, and I'm especially glad this won't delay 2.4 or Ladder.
Description by DarkMaster

Can be used to make Runewords:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... /117667/96
Blizzard wrote:
So coming in here to clarify a few things…

We will post and let people know if it is Doom and Gloom fairly immediately to any future dates and plans. It is not Doom and Gloom. We should hold back on making assumptions and running creating threads like this which only causes widespread panic which only riles up the rest of the community into thinking the sky is falling.

Maintenance was a success. The reason why we did a rollback was because there was a bug after maintenance that only affected those who made hardcore characters and no standard characters. There were only a few thousand of these types of accounts but we want to ensure all characters and players are good to go. The intended changes were deployed and are in-effect.

KR and EU servers for a brief bit had an issue with game creation and was already addressed.

The only known issue that will be in the 2.4 patch is that character names are coming up as all CAPS. So enjoy screaming your name to the world for a few weeks as 2.4 hits on the 14th of April.

Cheers.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... &context=3
Blizzard wrote:
The maintenance was a success. The rollback was a rollback of the 1 hour the servers were up after maintenance to address an issue with accounts that only made hardcore characters and not any standard characters (it's only in the thousands) but we wanted to ensure all players were properly migrated. Thus we rolled back progress from right when maintenance ended.

EU/KR had some game creation issues but that was stamped out fairly immediately

Users will see their names in CAPS. Prepare to scream your name to everyone for a few weeks. This is fixed in 2.4.

All servers have the new database updates from maintenance.

April 14th is when 2.4 launches and we are still set on that.
I'm glad Pez was able to quickly communicate this and explain what happened, and I'm especially glad this won't delay 2.4 or Ladder.
Agreed.

Schnorki 3189Moderator

PC
Success is relative.

Anyone else notice that the character list doesn't sort by 'last used' anymore since said maintenance?

Feels like load times went up as well, not to mention join delays.
@Schnorki Controls also reset to Default Classic every time you launch the game.

Schnorki 3189Moderator

PC
iamergo wrote: 2 years ago
@Schnorki Controls also reset to Default Classic every time you launch the game.
Don't have that one actually. But it turns off num lock for whatever bloody reason...

Deleted User 632 0

make sure you report the issues to blizz.
i got the controls problem. Everytime i load the game, all the controls are back to Default Classic.
Anikiri wrote: 2 years ago
i got the controls problem. Everytime i load the game, all the controls are back to Default Classic.
you have to change it back to "custom" in the gameplay tab.
"the issues will not delay 2.4 or Ladder" is more like a "will not delay another time"..
I mean 14th of april for 2.4 and 28th of april for ladder are 7 month after game release and they even got community help.

Don't get me wrong, better wait a little for ladder and get one without issues but this is too long for a now even complete new game.
They just patched the grafics, didn't fix bugs the original had, built in some new ones and we payed full price for that.
Blizzard was a Beast (d2, wc3, wow) and screwed themself.. just sad

Ladder should have started maybe 3 month after the release and 2.4 would have been the season 2 patch.
Anikiri wrote: 2 years ago
Here's a solution I found if others don't work for ya:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... t/117722/8

However, they do claim it'll be fixed soon, so it may just be worth waiting.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation