Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   6826 views

Act 5 Frenzy merc equipped with single weapon - what stacks?

No data yet

Description

So, equipping a single weapon caused it to be partially duplicated on PTR. Chance to cast stuff when struck, etc.

However, things like Auras provided by items did not stack unless an actual second copy was added.

What about magic find? Will equipping a single sword with 6 Ists give my merc 360 MF?
Description by Katonda

Can be used to make Runewords:

So, equipping a single weapon caused it to be partially duplicated on PTR. Chance to cast stuff when struck, etc.

However, things like Auras provided by items did not stack unless an actual second copy was added.

What about magic find? Will equipping a single sword with 6 Ists give my merc 360 MF?

Schnorki 3236Moderator

PC
It should not.

Unless I'm completely mistaken, the way it worked on PTR is simply that if you only had one weapon equipped, it didn't duplicate anything, it merely used that one weapon for both swings of the
Frenzy
attack.

So in terms of stats (auras, mf, CB, any of that), nothing changes. But in terms of attack damage (and procs being trigger), it is the same as though you had 2 of the same weapon equipped.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
It should not.

Unless I'm completely mistaken, the way it worked on PTR is simply that if you only had one weapon equipped, it didn't duplicate anything, it merely used that one weapon for both swings of the
Frenzy
attack.

So in terms of stats (auras, mf, CB, any of that), nothing changes. But in terms of attack damage (and procs being trigger), it is the same as though you had 2 of the same weapon equipped.
What you say makes sense and is intuitive.

However, MacroBioBoi apparently tested it and claims that when struck counts twice. If so, it doesn't just take the weapon into account when using
Frenzy
on the empty hand, but also when running defensive calculations.

Not saying anything he says goes, but it does leave open for testing what else might stack.

Video here. (2:50 min mark)

Schnorki 3236Moderator

PC
I believe procs are tested against each weapon successively (disclaimer: haven't looked into those mechanics in 20 years so take it with a grain of salt).

In that case, when you hit (or get hit), it checks against weapon 1 and then against weapon 2.
If weapon 2 in this case doesn't exist, it routes back to weapon 1 because those mercs apparently don't do "weapon doesn't exist". That'd increase your triggers for both, offensive and defensive.

It'd still only cycle through the same thing twice though, rather than add it up. I.e. stats still wouldn't be affected.

Though it would be easy enough to test once the patch goes live.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
I believe procs are tested against each weapon successively (disclaimer: haven't looked into those mechanics in 20 years so take it with a grain of salt).

In that case, when you hit (or get hit), it checks against weapon 1 and then against weapon 2.
If weapon 2 in this case doesn't exist, it routes back to weapon 1 because those mercs apparently don't do "weapon doesn't exist". That'd increase your triggers for both, offensive and defensive.

It'd still only cycle through the same thing twice though, rather than add it up. I.e. stats still wouldn't be affected.

Though it would be easy enough to test once the patch goes live.
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. In that case if you had CtC cast on struck of 20% on a weapon, you wouldn't get 40% in total, but 20%+80%*20% = 36%

I assume then that MF doesn't check weapons individually, but just refers to a global total.
OP
A little off topic, but let's say the merc is wielding two swords, one is Lawbringer the other is Plague. does the life steal from one apply to hits by the other?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...