Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
25 replies   3327 views

Description

i cant be the only one who does strange things to "manipulate" his own mind by doing strange things to make "think" it could help the drop odds ;)

here are some weird things i do :D

1. when i gamble i ALWAYS use the act 3 merchant cause its most likely the less used one
2. when i open cows i use a full book with 20 scrolls
3. when i do solo farming in battlenet i make game names of which item i want to get / dropp
4. i pop the seals in CA in following order -> bottom -> top -> straight (demons -> ghosts -> knights) mostly i see people pop them clockwise

if you got some strange things let me know :) im curious

Can be used to make Runewords:

i cant be the only one who does strange things to "manipulate" his own mind by doing strange things to make "think" it could help the drop odds ;)

here are some weird things i do :D

1. when i gamble i ALWAYS use the act 3 merchant cause its most likely the less used one
2. when i open cows i use a full book with 20 scrolls
3. when i do solo farming in battlenet i make game names of which item i want to get / dropp
4. i pop the seals in CA in following order -> bottom -> top -> straight (demons -> ghosts -> knights) mostly i see people pop them clockwise

if you got some strange things let me know :) im curious
Only gamble at Act1 merchant because
Gheed
has a charm named after him.
Arcance Sanctuary, top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right. No logic, but always seems to find summoner faster.
This reminds me of the thread on superstitions we had on here a few weeks ago.

I don't ID uniques or set items with Cain, I only use him for blues or rares.

I only gamble for rings, amulets, and coronets (trying to find good +skill items). Also, even garbage blue rings/ammys can be re-rolled using cube.

I save ALL charms that drop in Hell difficulty to re-roll them with pgems (got some decent +skill GCs and good SC rolls this way).

I pick up all runes, no matter what it is. I cube alot of the lower tier ones, and I keep at least one of every type of rune in storage in case I need it for RWs.

Every time I do an arcane run, I always have to do a countess run as well, and vice versa.

In the Cow Level, I always make a beeline to
The Cow King
and kill him and his mobs first, then I go and clean out the rest of the level.
Activate the gem "Better mf". Doesn't matter game difficulty Wirts losing his leg.
Radament
will be hunted no matter what. Get the jade figure never give it to
Meshif
. Crappy sets and set items, I will hold on to any set piece until set is complete then throw it on Ground. Leave for
Blood Raven
alone, even clearing crypts &
Mausoleum
she has suffered enough. Complete A5 Q2 but don't talk to the guy, even if merc dies will go to A4 and res, we don't speak to that barbarian filth.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
I never press my "show item" button until i clear the entire boss/elite pack and horked them. i Swear it Jinx the loot :p
My heart beats faster when i hear the sound of a rune drop, then get disapointed when i see its a crap one

HHTekill#2716
Here are some things you may not know about how D2R works....

1.) This is the best charm in the game...
yours for 2 Ber (I know what a deal!)
yours for 2 Ber (I know what a deal!)
no seriously hear me out... all computers are build on binary... 1 and 0's .... on or off, yes or no.... so 1 = good... 0 = bad
and I know what your thinking... but what about 100, that has a one in it!! Yes it does... it also has 2 0's ------------^^^^^^
two zeros is double bad and overrides the one good... what about 10? That's a wash and is also bad.
What about 2? 2 is an invalid number in binary and is also bad.

2.) Watch your inventory space.... if you ever hear your character say "I can't do that" cause you don't have room, your basically
telling the game that its giving you too much good stuff and to scale it down. (that's bad)

3.) How to get better drops from the cow level.
This is one of the most over looked aspects of the game.... music... yes music is the
Key
here.... cow HATE classical music... Beethoven... Mozart....
doesn't matter to them, its awful... so if you play some classical music while doing the cow levels, the cows will get really pissed off and begin
dropping GG items (like the charm from above) in an effort to appease you and make you go away.

D.) I'm pretty sure that aspirin I took was actually LSD.

5.) Mercenary's .... don't use them don't trust them... they steal.
Seriously how often do you hear that rune drop sound and .... there's no rune.... what the hell I know I heard one.... wtf is that rune?
Well Emilo took that shit is where it went... now you know.

6.) Farming bosses
This touches back on point 1. First time you kill them... that's fine, that's good.... that's ONE.
Two+ kills is invalid and.... yup that's bad.
Besides this is basically racial profiling and killing someone over and over cause there a "Demon" is morally wrong.

7.) I have more stuff to share but that damn penguin has returned again and I need to chase his ass to get my skittles back.... smug little shit is gonna get it.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
I do always run cows counter-clockwise.

I never identify Rings or Amulets whilst still farming - only in Town.

I always use 3 different pgem-types to reroll Grand Charms.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
StonerSmurf wrote: 2 years ago
1.) This is the best charm in the game... image.png
Yeeee, I have that one too :p

~Your PC is so slow, even Jesus complains about the lag~
CapNCook wrote: 2 years ago
Congratulations! Your off to a great start!
Every time I do Ubers with my smiter, right before entering
Uber Tristram
, I put in my cube both a Treachery armor (that I use to proc) and a liftap
Wand
"just in case".

I never ended up using the lifetap
Wand
, but I still put it in my cube just for its positive vibes.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
StonerSmurf wrote: 2 years ago
CapNCook wrote: 2 years ago
Congratulations! Your off to a great start!
I am running it too tho, just because it's not a 1% secretly its a 1000% but no one knows (Kappa)

~Your PC is so slow, even Jesus complains about the lag~
This isn't one I currently do, but one I used to and find funny.

When I was first learning D2, I was just a kid, and didn't ever play online or look things up or anything. Dad taught me that when doing
Chaos Sanctuary
, always go Inflictor, Vizir, Lord. I had no idea why he did it that way, but he was so adamant about it that I just assumed it was mandatory. (Turns out he did have a reason that itself would work well in this thread, but it was beyond me at that point). He also always killed every monster he could, part because why not, part to keep me safe since it took me a while to do things like respond to monsters.

It was also true, as it remains today, that if you approach Lord's seal from the wrong angle, it will often fail to pop, and you have to walk off-screen and back in order for it to cooperate.

Well, on my first solo clear of CS, Lord's seal failed to open on the first try. Little kid me couldn't fathom that the game had a bug with a simple solution. I figured I'd messed up some part of the Great Secret Ritual of summoning Diablo. If only Dad wasn't at work! So, I walked back through the entire zone and found a single Storm Caster lurking in the corner of the map. I killed it, found nothing else noteworthy on my walk, went back to Lord's seal, and it worked.

And suddenly, it all became clear. That's why the seal didn't open. I didn't kill EVERY SINGLE MONSTER in the
Chaos Sanctuary

And so, for the next 15 years, I made sure to kill EVERY SINGLE MONSTER in the
Chaos Sanctuary
before trying Lord's seal.

It was quite a laugh when I learned what was actually going on.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
If someone gives me trade offer over my request or expectations, I always give him items on top to get it aligned with my pricing expectation

e.g. I was selling
Shako
for
Um
Pul
, guy offered
Ist
- so I have given him ~2,5
Pul
value on top for free

Works in other way too - if someone wants to cut me off on price even a bit I decline it

e.g was offering 24,5
Ist
value for anix (offer was fair and good), guy wanted 25
Ist
but he did not got this
Mal
on top

Feel free to check all my trades
Add me Standinsoe#2129 for fast trade
I always open cow portal far from Cain. makes my show my will if i want to ID some stuff
I don’t look at any of my
Travincal
drops before all of the high council is dead
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago
I don’t look at any of my
Travincal
drops before all of the high council is dead
Same

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
When doing arcane runs, I always go back to the same side (top two or bottom two) that had
The Summoner
on the last one. It feels like summoner can get super streaky on one of those sides and you can get a lot of quick runs in. I am sure it is just confirmation bias but dang if it does not seem to work
Whenever I run
The Countess
, I always open the chest just outside the tower. Someday I'll find a
Ber
in that chest, I just know it.

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.
tatatat wrote: 2 years ago
Whenever I run
The Countess
, I always open the chest just outside the tower. Someday I'll find a
Ber
in that chest, I just know it.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is impossible to drop a
Ber
from act1.
The Act 3 (H) Good treasure class has a chance to drop a
Ber
rune, as do higher Good treasure classes.
https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Ber_Rune

This is why places like
Lower Kurast
and later are preferred for opening loot box interactives to drop items.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...