diablo2.io is supported by ads
45 replies   1985 views

Description

Description by ShadowHeart

Can be used to make Runewords:

Ryzen wrote: 4 weeks ago
Bought a 20pride for
Jah
in-game and sold for 6jah. Pretty high in the cloud XD.
Crazy how u able to buy it for less than the value to make Pride runeword itself :)

i’d snatch it up for that price myself BUT i would calculate the price of the rw in my mind + give or take 2-3 tries to get lvl 20
Concentrate
and would offer appropriately, i wont offer the full face value of whatever it is other thinks it might worth but i would offer maybe 2-3 jahs?

But you are not doing anything wrong at all, i dont think so anyway. You didnt scam the seller. It is just unfortunate that the seller wasnt aware of the full value of it.

As long as the seller wasnt under any Duress or pressure to sell to you, then i think everything is fair game?

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
Na I frequently make "
Ber
4 17pride" games all the time. Need to keep extras for
Iron Golem
. Guy happened to come in with a 20stygian
Pike
. Wanted 2ber or
Jah
so happily traded a
Jah
for it.

Happen to die to those dam dolls in TZ from time to time lol. Not because im squishly, only because I play hearthstone at the same time. Happen to tele and stop in a group when my turn was up ahahah.

When I can't trade for one for a
Ber
, I would just make it myself. I can make multiple but get really bummed if I get a 16. Last 2 I made was a 20ecv and a 16mancatcher. Was able to get 5jahLo for cv and golemed the 16.

Pride is a good gamble in my experience. 16-19 I don't mind goleming. If you make a 20, definitely try to sell it.

Necrarch 1621Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
The margin is thin between "doing good business" and really stealing someone.

Especially with unexperienced traders, we recommend NOT to do too much of such trades where you get something huge at a ridiculously low value (we don't say
Lo
for
Ber
, but more
Lo
for 5
Jah
here).

As said before, think how you'd feel if you were on the other trader's shoes and realize you've just got taken big runes you miss to make your first Enigma.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 4 weeks ago
As said before, think how you'd feel if you were on the other trader's shoes and realize you've just got taken big runes you miss to make your first Enigma.
I myself would considered it a lesson learned and try to trade smarter next time?

We all buy low n sell high in some ways.

For example. I normally try to anticipate the value of certain items if they will go up or not, i then buy some of them to resell later on.

Ei: i actually sold something like this 10-20x of its original that i bought it for…

Would this make me a bad person or scammer? I dont think so. The item i bought could have worth less in the future and i wouldnt have complained :)

d2rppa69 wrote: 4 weeks ago
I myself would considered it a lesson learned and try to trade smarter next time?

For example. I normally try to anticipate the value of certain items if they will go up or not, i then buy some of them to resell later on.

Ei: i actually sold something like this 10-20x of its original that i bought it for…

Would this make me a bad person or scammer? I dont think so. The item i bought could have worth less in the future and i wouldnt have complained :)
Fair enough, but let me play Devil’s Advocate with the absolute laissez-faire approach (and I am generally a free trade kinda guy).

Suppose you have a new player just about to sell you a 20/20 Sorc Torch for 2
Ber
. And then right before you can log on to grab it, someone else respectfully comments that the seller should be getting multiple, multiple
Jah
for it and the trade blows up. As long as your reaction to that would be “hey that’s the free market—all good” then I can respect that position. But if you’d be tempted to chew out the person who tipped off the seller, then that does suggest you know you were relying on a major information asymmetry to make the deal. And I think that’s what folks are generally upset about.
JC1982 wrote: 4 weeks ago
d2rppa69 wrote: 4 weeks ago

Fair enough, but let me play Devil’s Advocate with the absolute laissez-faire approach (and I am generally a free trade kinda guy).

Suppose you have a new player just about to sell you a 20/20 Sorc Torch for 2
Ber
. And then right before you can log on to grab it, someone else respectfully comments that the seller should be getting multiple, multiple
Jah
for it and the trade blows up. As long as your reaction to that would be “hey that’s the free market—all good” then I can respect that position. But if you’d be tempted to chew out the person who tipped off the seller, then that does suggest you know you were relying on a major information asymmetry to make the deal. And I think that’s what folks are generally upset about.
Absolutely, if someone comes in the thread and told the seller the torch worth multiple jahs etc and seller backed out, im 100% ok.

Also i wouldnt offer a measily 2 bers for a perf 20/20 torch, but i do get your point :) but the 20/20 storch for 2 bers scenario is not believable though :)

im NEVER upset about trades that got backed out for whatever reason or used fowl languages etc because of it, to me, its not worth my time.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...