Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   559 views

Description

Has anyone heard of the Rumor about the Man on a Blue Carpet in Act2 that provides 300% Magic Find?

Is this the 1st time Hearing about this? Well let me explain all I know ...

In Act 2 next to Cain you may notice there be a Man sitting on a Red Carpet, however this Man isn't always there. He appears probably 25% of the time. He seems to provide some added Magic Find. Have you ever felt like you was in a lucky room and drops was happening more frequently? Go see if he is there sitting by Cain on a Red Carpet. Cause I say odds are, he is!

But then came The Myth, The Legend of the Man on the Blue Carpet. Whenever he appears. Drops would Rain down but not only that, Give you good rolls too! Only problem is, he only appears like 0.05% of the time.

I'll try to explain the location of the Blue Carpet Man which is interesting more so now with the D2R Enhanced Graphics. His location is at the South side of Town just outside the Walls on the Right. With the Enhanced Graphics you will see the Carpets there just as you do next to Cain. However when you go back to Old School Graphics. Those Carpets Vanish! Same goes for the ones next to Cain, Unless the Man is Sitting on them.

I remember vividly entering and exiting rooms 100s of times for nearly an hour trying to find the blue carpet man. which in hindsight is definitely not worth the time, but I was very young. as well gullible, so all this could have been some made up lie/rumor to trick noobs like my younger self into believing such a thing ..

So back to the Main Point of this Topic.. Have you heard of the Blue Carpet Man Legend?!! Must know that I'm not alone .. and for those who never heard of this . . .

Your Welcome. now let that seed grow Muyahahahaaa

P.S. I know it came off kinda silly in the end. But I Promise everything said was 100% True from my Childhood Memory

Can be used to make Runewords:

Has anyone heard of the Rumor about the Man on a Blue Carpet in Act2 that provides 300% Magic Find?

Is this the 1st time Hearing about this? Well let me explain all I know ...

In Act 2 next to Cain you may notice there be a Man sitting on a Red Carpet, however this Man isn't always there. He appears probably 25% of the time. He seems to provide some added Magic Find. Have you ever felt like you was in a lucky room and drops was happening more frequently? Go see if he is there sitting by Cain on a Red Carpet. Cause I say odds are, he is!

But then came The Myth, The Legend of the Man on the Blue Carpet. Whenever he appears. Drops would Rain down but not only that, Give you good rolls too! Only problem is, he only appears like 0.05% of the time.

I'll try to explain the location of the Blue Carpet Man which is interesting more so now with the D2R Enhanced Graphics. His location is at the South side of Town just outside the Walls on the Right. With the Enhanced Graphics you will see the Carpets there just as you do next to Cain. However when you go back to Old School Graphics. Those Carpets Vanish! Same goes for the ones next to Cain, Unless the Man is Sitting on them.

I remember vividly entering and exiting rooms 100s of times for nearly an hour trying to find the blue carpet man. which in hindsight is definitely not worth the time, but I was very young. as well gullible, so all this could have been some made up lie/rumor to trick noobs like my younger self into believing such a thing ..

So back to the Main Point of this Topic.. Have you heard of the Blue Carpet Man Legend?!! Must know that I'm not alone .. and for those who never heard of this . . .

Your Welcome. now let that seed grow Muyahahahaaa

P.S. I know it came off kinda silly in the end. But I Promise everything said was 100% True from my Childhood Memory

All Trades are Negotiable. Long Live
Nihlathak
OP
Oh I wanted to quickly add .. Since my return of playing D2R. I've yet to see the Blue Carpet Man. which has made me wonder .. did he make it to the remake of D2?!

Nihlathak
Played more than my fair share, never heard of this… but up until like a month ago I didn’t know about the gloam mf trick either
OP
UPDATE: So after months of asking around in online Lobbys, I've finally met someone who has heard of the Legendary Blue Carpet Man!

To my Shocking surprise, he knew everything just as I remembered. He mentioned the 3--% MF as well the 0.05% chance of appearence

He also said he's been playing this game for 10 years and not once seen him!

Now that I have confirmation that those rumors was real and not some faded distorted distant Memory, I am compelled to find this BCMan and bring him to the Spotlight!

I'll share Pics when I find him. and as a bonus I'll even pay
Ist
to the 1st who can provide photo evidence of his existence in D2R!

Don't know why, but this has got me Excited to play more D2! (not that it was needed)

Nihlathak
Not sure if I ever seen a man on the blue carpet (I assume it's the one to the left of Cain), but on the red carpet to the right it shows up quite often. With only 28% of MF on my lightning javazon it doesn't seem to make any difference for magic drops beyond normal rate.
OP
This is the Location of the Blue Carpet Man. Not to be mistaken with this Grey Carpet Man in the Corner. This is located South from Cain just outside the Walls. The man will be on those Carpets you can see on the Left Picture that are not visible on the Right with the classic graphics on.. Until the man sits on them, then they become Bright Blue, much like the Man by Cain whos Carpet turns bright Red when you switch to Classic

Nihlathak

MOX 20

Sorceress Americas PC
You make me day with this! never heard a single fact about this mystery man! Played Diablo 2 since launch. I'm going to check for him in all my mf runs from now. Thank you very much for sharing this with us.

There is one rule, above all others, for being a man. Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
al'Lan Mandragoran ("The Great Hunt" by Robert Jordan)

Trades: NL/SC
Time Zone: GMT-3 (Buenos Aires - Argentina)

TheDoo 214

Europe PC
Never ever heard of this, but then again I only met the real D2 community once I started playing D2R (from the opening day)... Back in legacy I played offline/LAN exclusively and knew only very few people who were into D2 in general (half of them being family members hehe).

...NOW IT ALL MAKES SENSE! That's the real reason why you load so far away from central town area whenever you load into Act 2. Of course, they didn't want us to decipher this secret!!!

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation