Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   669 views

Description

The OG is Back again, albeit without much fanfare. . .

Arch-angel's staff of Apoc.
Dreamflange
Royal
Circlet

And of course..the iconic Godly Plate Of The Whale.

Can be used to make Runewords:

The OG is Back again, albeit without much fanfare. . .

Arch-angel's staff of Apoc.
Dreamflange
Royal
Circlet

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Schnorki 3210Moderator

PC
<3

Good thing they're selling a "Diablo Collection" right now that doesn't include D1 but instead gives you a WoW mount... /facepalm
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago
<3

Good thing they're selling a "Diablo Collection" right now that doesn't include D1 but instead gives you a WoW mount... /facepalm
sHEESH...

They really need to do a D1r.

Needs Fresh Meat.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
Such a timid release for a timeless classic... I'm hoping for a D1R treatment too.

atari 461

Europe XLinux
Is there a difference between the battle.net version and the gog version besides the battle.net account?

mhlg 877

Americas PC
There's a post and file for download on the Internet Archive, and if you read a couple of the reviews you can't help but feel the love. Note the Internet Archive is a reputable site.
No one is downloading this preserved ISO to get one over on Activision Blizzard, which is now a part of the $3 trillion Microsoft. Blizzard lost the original source code for the game and it had to be rebuilt from the Japanese PlayStation version. They don't care one lick about their games and Activision cares even less. Microsoft certainly doesn't care about the absolute pittance they would make off of an almost 27 year old game.

https://archive.org/details/Diablo_1996_Blizzard

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Skaijuice wrote: 2 months ago
i remember reading that Godly plate of the whale was not in D1, it was a hacked item, took me a long time looking for it at wirt, and never got it until i finally read about it not possible to get in D1 without cheating, so i was looking for an item i could never get wasting time at wirt, just because i saw it on 2 !! friends chars at the same time, i guess they traded to it.
The lack of fanfare is expected. Either you want to play it, or not. Why burn the advertising effort and space on the niche audience? Especially when Bliz can't sell some sort of cosmetic pack for D1.

They did put the whole game in D3, so getting a full D1r experience doesn't seem likely.

Schnorki 3210Moderator

PC
Leaker416 wrote: 2 months ago
The lack of fanfare is expected. Either you want to play it, or not. Why burn the advertising effort and space on the niche audience? Especially when Bliz can't sell some sort of cosmetic pack for D1.

They did put the whole game in D3, so getting a full D1r experience doesn't seem likely.
They specifically built their PoS b.net app to be more commercial-broadcast and shop than functional game launcher...and yet, even looking specifically at a diablo product or even more so a classic diablo product (i.e. the d2:r game page), there is 0 mention of d1 being available again. Hell, the only reason I even know it is is because Skaijuice posted about it here. Yet again, that's just a pathetic "effort" on blizz's part. And even if the customerbase may be inherently limited for something that dated, even just a couple of people buying it after being made aware would still be bringing in more than you pay for one of their rando PR interns to spend 5 minutes making a "WE SELL D1 NAU!" slide for the launcher news.

I do agree with the "you want to play it, or not" (though that applies to every game really) but you lose most of that "want to play it" crowd as customers when you don't actually tell anyone you released something.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation