Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   905 views

Description

Trying to roll a 15 fire dmg Flickering Flame - I now waster 12
Vex
runes and so far nothing - but I had a lot of 13 - so I was wondering if the values are normal distribution or equally likely.
Description by xigua

Can be used to make Runewords:

xigua 63

Trying to roll a 15 fire dmg Flickering Flame - I now waster 12
Vex
runes and so far nothing - but I had a lot of 13 - so I was wondering if the values are normal distribution or equally likely.
They are equally likely. RNGeezus just hates your guts. He hated me so hard one time I had to roll some 47, or maybe it was 57, hotos before seeing a single 40@.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP

xigua 63

Thanks ~ yea, I feel you. But good to know.
This is a valid question, i don’t know if there’s been any actual research/analysis, or just anecdotal.

Back on the anecdotal side, I’ve rolled botd probably a hundred or so times in various weapons, and it seems to be equal stat distribution, but I’ve also rolled Flickering Flame as you have and it totally does not seem flat and more of a normal distribution.

I hypothesize anything from patch 2.4 or later follows normal dist and everything before is flat.

But again, i have no facts to back it up
OP

xigua 63

Nate2.0 wrote: 2 months ago
I hypothesize anything from patch 2.4 or later follows normal dist and everything before is flat.
and this, my friends, is how urban legends are born :D
try number 13 was the one - but for real - I had 1x 10, 1x11, 3x12, 5x13m 2x14, 1x15 - I think the sample size is too small for anything though - was just wondering.
I've rolled so many spirits I can't count. Well over 100. I can anecdotally say that I do get a 35FCR about 1 out of every 10 rolls. It looks like a uniform distribution to me.

Schnorki 3189Moderator

PC
Fact: The longer you haven't played/created a RW, the higher the next one will roll and the better your drops will be.

And by 'fact' I mean 'fiction/urban legend'..though observer bias does make it seem a rather reliable rule. :p
xigua wrote: 2 months ago
and this, my friends, is how urban legends are born :D

TheDoo 214

Europe PC
As for all other RNG based games it's server based. Even if you could get reliable data it would still be server-based or in other words an average across all players. If you are having extremely bad luck with something you could say someone else out there is having equally good one! At least I like to think that way... It's just how randomization works. :) All in all, someone is always having fun -- that's what matters the most. And don't forget about all the people who are just enjoying "the hunt" more than "the gamble" at the very end. This is one of the reasons why Diablo 2 is still...such...a god damn...fabulous game! :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
departure wrote: 2 months ago
I've rolled so many spirits I can't count. Well over 100. I can anecdotally say that I do get a 35FCR about 1 out of every 10 rolls. It looks like a uniform distribution to me.
Actually it's 1/11, as there are 11 possible outcomes (25, 26, ..., 35).
TheDoo wrote: 2 months ago
As for all other RNG based games it's server based. Even if you could get reliable data it would still be server-based or in other words an average across all players. If you are having extremely bad luck with something you could say someone else out there is having equally good one! At least I like to think that way... It's just how randomization works. :) All in all, someone is always having fun -- that's what matters the most. And don't forget about all the people who are just enjoying "the hunt" more than "the gamble" at the very end. This is one of the reasons why Diablo 2 is still...such...a god damn...fabulous game! :)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...