Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   282 views

Description

Hi everyone,
Maybe you've come to this issue too.
Lately when I play the game - it seems that "loading" everything takes forever, but only one time.
What do I mean?
If I start and game after PC restart - it can take minutes until I can get into the game, and even the first time I open a game it will lag out and go back to the lobby, and when I change map it also can take 15-30 seconds while the game "freezes". Eventually it will load at most cases.
Those things I mention only happen 1 time.
Ones a map is being loaded, or the game - everything runs smooth and takes seconds and less. Even if I exit the game and run it again multiple times.

I don't experience this issue in any other game I play, only on D2R.
It wasn't like that before, not sure when exactly this issue appeared.
Could be related to Win10 -> Win11 upgrade, I don't even remember it was a while back.
Drivers are up to date, PC spec is way more than recommended, I always play on highest spec with no problem.

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700KF @ 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
32GB DDR4-3200 (1600 MHz)
Transcend 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 MTE110S SSD

I also tried to create CPU / GPU dumps. While the game freezes, CPU / GPU usages go to minimum.

Any ideas ?
Description by HoBGoblin1337

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi everyone,
Maybe you've come to this issue too.
Lately when I play the game - it seems that "loading" everything takes forever, but only one time.
What do I mean?
If I start and game after PC restart - it can take minutes until I can get into the game, and even the first time I open a game it will lag out and go back to the lobby, and when I change map it also can take 15-30 seconds while the game "freezes". Eventually it will load at most cases.
Those things I mention only happen 1 time.
Ones a map is being loaded, or the game - everything runs smooth and takes seconds and less. Even if I exit the game and run it again multiple times.

I don't experience this issue in any other game I play, only on D2R.
It wasn't like that before, not sure when exactly this issue appeared.
Could be related to Win10 -> Win11 upgrade, I don't even remember it was a while back.
Drivers are up to date, PC spec is way more than recommended, I always play on highest spec with no problem.

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700KF @ 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
32GB DDR4-3200 (1600 MHz)
Transcend 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 MTE110S SSD

I also tried to create CPU / GPU dumps. While the game freezes, CPU / GPU usages go to minimum.

Any ideas ?
That slow, first time load is usually due to shader cache being built. Might be worth checking that setting in Nvidia control panel -> Manage 3D settings -> Shader Cache size. Maybe bump that up and see if any difference.

Otherwise, it could be a bug in your driver version.. I was getting a ton of crashes with latest Nvidia driver and had to go back a couple versions to finally run D2R stable. Wasn't getting crashes in any other games (starfield and cyberpunk running on high gfx for hours on end no problem), but D2R was crashing every 10-15 minutes repeatedly.

DDU + clean install of older driver versions might be worth trying as well, if you havent yet.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP
Actually I've reinstalled D2R now and seems to solve it.
Smooth again.
I was too lazy to do it before lol.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...