Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
26 replies   6104 views

Description

Anybody know anything?

The Dream of some kind of update is the main driving force for me still playing the game…
Description by Nate2.0

Can be used to make Runewords:

Anybody know anything?

The Dream of some kind of update is the main driving force for me still playing the game…
I saw no news about that...

Just hoping at least for the current Ladder-Only runewords, become available to everybody...

Just a few bug fixes and quality of life improvements would make me happy :-)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Was mentioned that it should be sometime next month, though no mention of any changes being made.

If I am not responding add me on Bnet and drop me a message!

atari 455

Europe XLinux
Patch 2.9? Shouldn't there be a patch 2.8 before? As far as I can see we are still on 2.7.2 with season 5 (https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... 5-now-live)

However we might get some info about ladder reset next week:

OP
atari wrote: 2 months ago
As far as I can see we are still on 2.7.2

Whoops… my bad!

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
atari wrote: 2 months ago
Patch 2.9? Shouldn't there be a patch 2.8 before? As far as I can see we are still on 2.7.2 with season 5 (https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... 5-now-live)

However we might get some info about ladder reset next week:
Correct. We haven't had a Patch 2.8 and lets be real...you need a PTR to have a material patch so even if we do get something, it will most likely steer more towards the style of 2.8 which was meh.

Thank you for information

Schnorki 3189Moderator

PC
Th3ory wrote: 2 months ago
[..] lets be real...you need a PTR to have a material patch [..]
[..] I will forever laugh when I quite literally discovered with my partner Shadow the initial issue with Sunders in PTR which got surfaced to PEZ who said "Don't worry its just a PTR", to then have Sunders bomb at release just like we said they would. [..]
You only need a PTR if
a) you don't have solid enough internal testing (check)
and b) you actually use said PTR to collect, evaluate and accurately respond to findings from it (yeah...nope)
and c) you still care about the quality of what you ultimately release (sadly, also nope)

If you won't bother actually looking at what's happening on your PTR and won't take any necessary subsequent action prior to a live release (as they've proven multiple times across various games, they typically don't), there's 0 reason to go through the extra work of actually hosting a PTR no matter what you may plan for a patch.

Mind you, I'm not saying they'll release any form of major patch for D2:R (ever again actually) without a PTR..but that's independent of one another.

Let's face the (imo) truth here..D2:R was a quick money grab and a commercial for "blizz does Diablo stuffs gud remember? so go bui d4 kthx!". Since that time, d4 is a thing and they're busy pretending to know how fix that trainwreck so as not to alienate the last few of their formerly happy customers. I don't see them putting any slightest bit of effort into d2 in parallel (and hence never again). As pretty much confirmed by the months and months without even a single bloody bug fix to the plethora of significant release-day bugs still merrily floating about. Or any other bugs really for that matter.

I'll happily be proven wrong and have them actually do some bugfixing for a change at least. But I very highly doubt it.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago

I'll happily be proven wrong and have them actually do some bugfixing for a change at least. But I very highly doubt it.
To be fair, sure it was a generalized statement. But as we saw in 2.7, there wasn't a material change: Introductions of new items, different balance changes etc. Typically PTR is nearly almost always tied to a fairly significant modification: Just look back at 2.4 - 2.6; we had PTRs each time.

But that is neither here nor there, for as you said, there is the issue of them actually listening to the feedback and adjusting.

Time will tell...

Unfortunately I believe Schnorki is correct, and basically I feel the same way. It was at least good that the released D2R at all, as pressing G and seeing how the old game looked before is quite shocking. At this point though, I have 0 Faith in Blizz and won't ever again as they've shown their true colors time and time again.
OP
Yea… well i still need to build my physical spearazon, my
Demon Machine
sorc and a chargadin… then probably I’ll have made everything I’d want to make

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
One can always hope that an enterprising few create some heavy D2R mods one day like Project Diablo or Path of Diablo :)

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 2 months ago
One can always hope that an enterprising few create some heavy D2R mods one day like Project Diablo or Path of Diablo :)
This. A personal friend, and one of the admin/OGs of PK has been working on a Mod for awhile that I plan on potentially testing/promoting in the not too distant future.

Schnorki 3189Moderator

PC
This. A personal friend, and one of the admin/OGs of PK has been working on a Mod for awhile that I plan on potentially testing/promoting in the not too distant future.
Probably doesn't need to be said but...do go ahead and link your playtesting/promoting here, just for the sake of curiosity. :)

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago
Probably doesn't need to be said but...do go ahead and link your playtesting/promoting here, just for the sake of curiosity. :)
I am more than happy to do so, my friend.

Bisu 369

PC
Season 6 will start on Feb 22, 2:00 PM PST.

No new content was mentioned.
Blizzard wrote:
PezRadar19 posts
Community Manager
4h
Hi all -

We wanted to give a heads up on the start time for the new season for Diablo II: Resurrected.

Diablo II: Resurrected Season 6 will begin on February 22nd for all players globally starting February 22nd at 2:00pm PST. As with all new ladder seasons, leaderboards will be cleared for the new season.
Converted to your local time zone: 2024-02-22T22:00:00   This timestamp has been automatically converted to your local date/time for convenience. The format is DD/MMM/YYYY, HH:MM am/pm. This is based off your browser time.

xigua 63

Sounds like no new content and ladder rw will stay ladder (?)
But good to know - thanks!
No patch. Thanks for nothing.
One could be pretty certain that it's gonna be the case.

I'm afraid that Schnorki is right about the future of D2R - Blizz has got their money's worth already and there's no point to updating it further - at least until D4 stops being a flaming ball of poo. They still have to fix itemization ASAP, and release DLC at the end of the year.

I'm betting on single patch with minor changes in the second half of the year, around season 8 or 9.

Main: Blizz Sorc 2nd: Pitzerker 3rd: Summoner Necro | SC NL only

lno 2

Necromancer Americas XLinux
sewcioj wrote: 2 months ago
One could be pretty certain that it's gonna be the case.

I'm afraid that Schnorki is right about the future of D2R - Blizz has got their money's worth already and there's no point to updating it further - at least until D4 stops being a flaming ball of poo. They still have to fix itemization ASAP, and release DLC at the end of the year.

I'm betting on single patch with minor changes in the second half of the year, around season 8 or 9.
I would have to agree. Still happy that diablo 2 and starcraft got pretty faithful remasters / re-releases at all - can't say the same for warcraft 3...

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation