Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   4550 views

Description

TL;DR Just say neigh to gambling!
(When you're as broke as I am)

So a little backstory here, I've been farming torches because I thought it would be a quick way to earn a few hrs to build a character I have always wanted.

So I farmed up a keyset yesterday in record time, great luck on the drops, so excited. Ran the event, even got a lucky
Ist
in the
Matron's Den
! I needed 2
Ber
and 1
Ist
for the Infinity I desperately wanted, and owned a 19/17 Barbarian torch I may be able to get the other
Ber
for. Looking good. Got my torch and it was go time.

Made a game called, "unid torch 4
Ber
," or something similar, and after getting laughed at once, and only getting 2 offers of 4-5
Ist
/
Token of Absolution
in a couple hours, I decided to take the gamble myself and hit up Cain.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Kaard 13

Americas PC

So a little backstory here, I've been farming torches because I thought it would be a quick way to earn a few hrs to build a character I have always wanted.

So I farmed up a keyset yesterday in record time, great luck on the drops, so excited. Ran the event, even got a lucky
Ist
in the
Matron's Den
! I needed 2
Ber
and 1
Ist
for the Infinity I desperately wanted, and owned a 19/17 Barbarian torch I may be able to get the other
Ber

Ber
," or something similar, and after getting laughed at once, and only getting 2 offers of 4-5
Ist
/
Token of Absolution
Oof, that is one ugly torch.

I think you can trade ~5
Ist
for
Ber
right now on NL, so that may have been a good offer to take.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP

Kaard 13

Americas PC
I remember one trade was 4 tokens, and the other a mix of 3
Ist
and 2 tokens (or similar.)

I paid the price for not wanting to take the extra steps for sure, haha. I now have the memest meme torch as a reminder of my sins.
Yea, I would've done the same as you. Too hard for me to resist the temptation of IDing, especially with how long it can take to get those keys sometimes.. Gotta roll a good one eventually!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
I hear you, and in a way I can relate. From 12/24/2023 to 01/24/2024 I've found these three sunder charms, and they amount for 33% of all sunder charms found during that period of time.

TheDoo 250

Europe PC
Oof, that sucks! I mean... Huh wait... Seeing you are a new guy here, just started trading/sharing and all that, I kinda get that obligation to nudge you in the right direction like I've been nudged when I just got here. People here are very polite, wholesome, nice and friendly (this forum is growing on me much more than I thought it would).
Knowing the feeling of wanting to finish a build you waited to make true for a long time and how I felt wonderful when I finally did it I'm willing to double down on your little gamble here and offer you a
Ber
for it.

I have some other collector/weird stuff I'll probably never sell hehe why not have one more! Since I got that
Ber
from ShadowHeart's latest giveaway, I think it's better to be passed to someone who will use it right away than just leave it to collect dust on one of my mules, not playing the game lately anyway.

Soooo if you want to get rid of it, there --
Ber
for imperfection. You can make 1 step closer to your "Dream build" and I'll just post that Torch for a
Ber
here myself. :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
OP

Kaard 13

Americas PC
@bigbikefan That is absolutely insane xD
I've found a ton of sunders and every single one has been right around the middle somewhere. They look so nice as a set, though...

@TheDoo You're absolutely right, people here have been great. Very happy I was introduced to the community, and plan on helping make it a better place myself!

As for the meme torch, I would feel pretty disingenuous if I agreed I would use it right away, as I'm still missing other gear. I don't mind the grind for it, I was just excited in the moment xD
OP

Kaard 13

Americas PC
I think I'll start an auction for the meme torch at 1 chipped gem or something, wait a week, and report back. Haha.
Kaard wrote: 3 months ago
I think I'll start an auction for the meme torch at 1 chipped gem or something, wait a week, and report back. Haha.
I've got a measly 12/12 necro torch laying around. Should I start with a flawed gem?
OP

Kaard 13

Americas PC
bigbikefan wrote: 3 months ago
I've got a measly 12/12 necro torch laying around. Should I start with a flawed gem?
Yes! Time to start a trend where we all offload our awful torches for low gems we then toss on the Ground after the trade. It's brilliant.

Or we can give them away for free, I suppose. I just came on to list a 12/12 Barb. It's not as glorious as the meme torch.
OP

Kaard 13

Americas PC
Well, it has been one week, and I didn't even get an offer for a single chipped gem. LMAO. I guess I'll remove the trade and keep the old girl.
OP

Kaard 13

Americas PC
I forget how long it has been now, it feels like years. I couldn't delete the trade offer... it was much too difficult for me. I felt like I owed the meme torch... I had to keep her until she was legitimately purchased.
One generous user today has done just that. For 1
Chipped Sapphire
, the curse has moved on to a new host. May the gods have mercy on you, Moogly... kupo.

Bisu 371

PC
Hahaha good to hear the whole story.

Everything that has a beginning should have an end.

Ist
in the
Matron's Den
! I needed 2
Ber
and 1
Ist
Ber

Ber
Ist
/
Token of Absolution

sinhf.jpg
What build are you attempting to make? Are you L or NL? More than happy to help you realize your Dream.
OP

Kaard 13

Americas PC
Wow, didn't expect such a response, haha.

I play NL, and at the time of writing the original post I was very much struggling with gearing a viable light sorc and hammerdin. Torches and Infinity, CoH and Enigma... oof for a newly returning player. I had a very budget smiter.

My goals were to have an answer for everything. A
Key
runner, MF character, rusher, cows, ubers, etc., so I could help in any situation. I now have all those characters built on a budget, so I have a good foothold. I could surely make improvements to all of them, but I also try to collect gear for chars I have never seriously built, like FoHdin, Fury druid, bowa, etc.
Kaard wrote: 2 months ago
Wow, didn't expect such a response, haha.

I play NL, and at the time of writing the original post I was very much struggling with gearing a viable light sorc and hammerdin. Torches and Infinity, CoH and Enigma... oof for a newly returning player. I had a very budget smiter.

My goals were to have an answer for everything. A
Key
runner, MF character, rusher, cows, ubers, etc., so I could help in any situation. I now have all those characters built on a budget, so I have a good foothold. I could surely make improvements to all of them, but I also try to collect gear for chars I have never seriously built, like FoHdin, Fury druid, bowa, etc.
You progressed that far in 2 weeks? Damn man, that's impressive! Congrats!

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
OP

Kaard 13

Americas PC
Well yeah, sort of. I guess that was kind of misleading. XD

Budget hdin rushes, MFs, and gets keys while the light sorc does cows. I don't have a character specifically for each thing hehe.
Kaard wrote: 2 months ago
Well yeah, sort of. I guess that was kind of misleading. XD

Budget hdin rushes, MFs, and gets keys while the light sorc does cows. I don't have a character specifically for each thing hehe.
S5 has been pretty good to me so some Wealth is about to follow me to NL upon season change. So what's on your wish list and I'll see what's kicking around on my NL mules.
Love this failures.

If you would like to make an offer, please add me in bnet and comment in thread with the offer. Thank you.

I am currently not accepting Tokens. Thank you!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation