Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   1118 views

Description

I just found a “
Silks of the Victor

Just thinking the name brings me back to when it was the penultimate armour, and respecs we’re a thing, you had to plan out every stat & skill point before committing… boy those were the days

What else have we lost from what we’ve gained?
Description by Nate2.0

Can be used to make Runewords:

I just found a “
Silks of the Victor

Just thinking the name brings me back to when it was the penultimate armour, and respecs we’re a thing, you had to plan out every stat & skill point before committing… boy those were the days

What else have we lost from what we’ve gained?
Weapons are the biggest offenders if you ask me.

Baranar's Star

Doombringer

The Grandfather

They all used to mean something, while now seeing that golden name was only cool for completing the Holy Grail.

Troll offers will get Troll responses!

xigua 63

Starting over 3 times as you realize
Fire Bolt
and
Fireball
are not the way to go.

Being scammed left and right and trading in trading games.
Pacing, maybe? My best friend and I used to play on LAN for a couple of hours just to go through a single act. There was waypoint rushing, sure, but no everyone-can-teleport mess. It felt more like a game than a slot machine.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
Balanced runewords (and other item qualities being viable).

Overall feeling that P2W was something inherently wrong, and that no one sane would pay real money for virtual goods. Back then we used to play a game for pleasure, not to compete with anyone.
And I don't mean Diablo only, but players and developers overall. Many games had rules that account trading = permanent (or at least lengthy) ban. Only later greedy corporations invented micromacrotransactions and made necessary amendments to such rules.
Unfortunately, such feeling did not apply to other forms of cheating, as maphacks and bots were common.
xigua wrote: 3 months ago
Being scammed left and right and trading in trading games.
Scams have always been common; now you may be scammed as well, if you don't pay attention.

xigua 63

But less - I feel - guy traded me a non socketed AP instead of the promised socketed one, I told him and he said sorry, took it back, gave back my rune and socketed it and traded then.

Real money was there - I remember selling
Natalya
's on ebay for 40 bucks (for me as a young teen a lot of money) - didn't really realize that was not okay to be honest.
I still remember finding
Iceblink
in the
Stony Field
, 20-something years ago :D It was considered the BiS armor for my
Whirlwind
Barbarian (with a rare
Lance
) and I couldn't be happier :)) Later on, I found another one and traded it for a
Stone of Jordan
... mad times :D
Buriza-Do Kyanon

...this drop was once a reason to open a bottle of champagne

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
oblivion knights casting
Iron Maiden

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Blubbalutsch wrote: 3 months ago
Buriza-Do Kyanon

...this drop was once a reason to open a bottle of champagne
I miss that chain-
Pierce
GA... :)

Rik 132

Americas PC
I don’t necessarily miss all these aspects of the game, they’re more of just memories that are funny to think of when compared to current states of the game:

Farming act 1 normal to obtain chipped gems to trade 40 for an soj. Or conversely, buying 40 gems with an soj to try and roll a cruel
Colossus Blade
of quickness with 2 open sockets.

This may still happen online, idk bc I play Xbox without chat, but people immediately resorting to call others the most offensive racial slurs at even the slightest trace of insult. Such as using a lower level bo or aura, interfering with theirs or even being quicker to pick up a unique ring in act 1 normal.

Ith
blades. They were ethereal colossus blades which were endowed with the Silence runeword and 6 open sockets. I never had the agency to get one but you always knew who carried them. Back in the day I’d frequent an ongoing game labeled “normal” where an ignoramus
Ith
barb would come and hostile people. I had a summon necro, who at the time were the most hated character for being lagromancers. I used the
Iron Maiden
curse on said barb after he directly clicked on me with a
Whirlwind
. I kept a safe distance ahead of him while laying a legion of
Bone Wall
between him and myself. When the
Whirlwind
finally ceased he immediately died and accused me of being a hacker. Good times lol.

One thing I do miss is being able to invest in so many skills without getting spread to obsolescence. The meta sorc build was
Frozen Orb
Nova
, t storm and
Energy Shield
. You only had to throw in 1 point to
Cold Mastery
. Prior to synergies and so many hacked items entering the game, I had my biggest taste of power when uniques were king and I hit
Mephisto
like he was crack. I rocked
Shako
Shaftstop
and
Stormshield
with max block and remember murdering noobs by seducing them outside of town by leaving large piles of gold or unique items for them to try and stash before my
Frozen Orb
Nova
and t storm stomp slaughtered them. I think it was fun for everyone, they got the items sometimes.

I also remember getting item popped. It was devastating. A bowazon had set up shop outside rogue camp and littered the Ground with items. Her idea was to surround peoples corpses with items so when they came to click on their bodies, they accidentally would click on an item that would equip to them instead. Which when murdered again, would cause all the items equipped to the first body to drop on the Ground. I’d been killed once but had put up a good enough fight and thought I could click my body without issue. I was wrong and after picking up one of items, was murdered again, at which point all the items on my first body then dropped to the Ground. At that point, everyone there rushed for the items. I ran back to the battlefield and was able to get one or two back but then quickly left in shame. Still hurts lol.

mhlg 854

Americas PC
Twitchthroe
used to be the ideal armor for a Bowazon.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Rik wrote: 3 months ago
Ith
blades. They were ethereal colossus blades which were endowed with the Silence runeword and 6 open sockets. I never had the agency to get one but you always knew who carried them.
Not only CB, i remember some bows of the same kind. And when we're talking about those cheater stuff, i have to add "bugged"
Nosferatu's Coil
Stone of Jordan
with
The Oculus
stats and more fancy stuff on closed bnet. Was a nice day, tbh, when i once entered a game someone hacked so you could buy infinite of them from
Akara
. I actualy like the idea of having weird unique item bases. Think it was a bug in the early days of d2 exp, when they could be dropped with an infinite low chance

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.

Rik 132

Americas PC
Blubbalutsch wrote: 3 months ago
Rik wrote: 3 months ago
Ith
blades. They were ethereal colossus blades which were endowed with the Silence runeword and 6 open sockets. I never had the agency to get one but you always knew who carried them.
Not only CB, i remember some bows of the same kind. And when we're talking about those cheater stuff, i have to add "bugged"
Nosferatu's Coil
Stone of Jordan
with
The Oculus
stats and more fancy stuff on closed bnet. Was a nice day, tbh, when i once entered a game someone hacked so you could buy infinite of them from
Akara
. I actualy like the idea of having weird unique item bases. Think it was a bug in the early days of d2 exp, when they could be dropped with an infinite low chance
That’s right. I was so barb focused that
Ith
blades are most prominent in my Memory.

In somewhat of the same vein, I like the idea of “bugged” or jackpot items. I want the minuscule probability of getting something that gives a substantial Edge over anything else. It’d keep me chasing and give legacy players with decades of experience a higher chance of having something distinguishing from their years of devotion. I’d also like it to be on rares, the true ‘unique’ items in d2. Give that chance of a double cruel mod. Allow for a couple extra affixes with wider range of stats, or add more recipes, all of which provide bonuses worth striving for and allow to use and retain ethereal bases and expand those base item types to allow ppl to use a wider variety of items for unique looks and characteristics. I guess it makes it hard to balance, but wtf, the game is terribly imbalanced as it is. Ask any barbarian lol. Then again, someone would hit the jackpoint and then dupe it to oblivion and we will all be back in White ring territory again haha.

It’ll never be perfect but I still love it. Just throw in some compelling runewords every couple seasons and I’ll be thrilled :D
What about the amount of Sojs you needed to buy
Windforce
The Grandfather
or
Arkaine's Valor
?
And scammers trying to still your item through the
Atma
's bar in
Lut Gholein
?

My timezone is CET/UTC+1.

Rik 132

Americas PC
Tornado_OLO wrote: 3 months ago
What about the amount of Sojs you needed to buy
Windforce
The Grandfather
or
Arkaine's Valor
?
And scammers trying to still your item through the
Atma
's bar in
Lut Gholein
?
Hahaha yes I remember
Atma
and all sorts of shady trade maneuvers. I remember playing with this shady guy who got me to help participate in a con job attempt. He announced he knew the dupe technique and invited others to a game and I was posing as a participant trying to dupe. He had us go to our corners in act 1 and then press the following sequence, alt F1…. F2…. You know where it’s going ;) And I said, holy hell it worked, I’ve doubled my sojs or whatever. Thankfully the failed patsy called bs and left the game and rightfully called us idiots. Lol

Anyone ever join those ‘you drop, I drop’ games? I’m still trying to bring those back hahaha

I came in .09 at which point grandfather and Arkaine valor had
Fallen
from grace but wf bowazons were king, yet it seemed like everybody only had buriza. 1.08 valor was/is still something to behold.

I’m not sure what changed with grandfather but it no longer met the max ias breakpoints for ww and fell out of favor by the time I was playing. I actually found 2, the only of the big 4 uniques I was able to get from ponds runs, the 4 being:
Windforce
, grandfather, Schaefer’s and cranium badger. I placed the golden blades on my original barb as an ornament. He was My first char, whom I’d placed 2 points into increase stamina on my first playthrough. I probably placed points into energy too, I can’t remember lol.
Back in my day, Pindle Runs were about the only thing most toons could solo in Hell. You could tele-sorc to Meph, or a Sword (6os with a bunch of rare jewels) and Board Barb, but most of us were stuck doing Hell Pindle Runs for hours.

And we liked it that way! Hmmph.
I remember when they introduced rune words years ago. This overexcitement when you found a
Sol
rune for the very first time so you could make a Lore
Helm
! And when a
Lum
pops out - all your mates were so jealous because you made a Smoke armour! These were the days...
Back before LoD and the infamous "Lagomancers".

If I am not responding add me on Bnet and drop me a message!
OP
Yea buddy! When every skill point+ another
Skeleton
! I remember having like 30+ with mages, fun!

And when you could selectively kill ones you didn’t want (i can’t do that on consol)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...