Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
52 replies   3244 views

Caster end game boots (with no need for Resist or FHR)

No data yet

Description

Hi

I have a Lightning Sorceress (L93)
Currently I maxed my Resistances and my FHR (90) without depending on my
Boots
, so I'm free to choose any one...
OBS: 2 Small Charm of balance (5 FHR each)

So I'm thinking what
Boots
would be good options.

What I could think was:

-
War Traveler
(25 frw, 20 life, up to 50 mf)
-
Aldur's Advance
(40 frw, 50 life)
-
Sandstorm Trek
(20 frw, 20 FHR, up to 70 life - indirectly if I get two 20 Life charm to replace the FHR ones and it rolls with 15 Vitality)
- "perfect" Rare Boot (30 frw, 25 mf, 10 FHR, up to 40 life - indirectly if I get two 20 Life charm to replace the FHR ones)

I'm currently using
War Traveler

On guides normally they recommend
War Traveler
(for MF) or
Aldur's Advance
(for frw/life)

Any other suggetion?
Is there some relevant affix I could get from a
Boots
other than MF, Life, frw and FHR?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

I have a Lightning Sorceress (L93)
Currently I maxed my Resistances and my FHR (90) without depending on my
Boots
, so I'm free to choose any one...
OBS: 2 Small Charm of balance (5 FHR each)

So I'm thinking what
Boots
would be good options.

What I could think was:

-
War Traveler
(25 frw, 20 life, up to 50 mf)
-
Aldur's Advance
(40 frw, 50 life)
-
Sandstorm Trek
(20 frw, 20 FHR, up to 70 life - indirectly if I get two 20 Life charm to replace the FHR ones and it rolls with 15 Vitality)
- "perfect" Rare Boot (30 frw, 25 mf, 10 FHR, up to 40 life - indirectly if I get two 20 Life charm to replace the FHR ones)

I'm currently using
War Traveler

On guides normally they recommend
War Traveler
(for MF) or
Aldur's Advance
(for frw/life)

Any other suggetion?
Is there some relevant affix I could get from a
Boots
other than MF, Life, frw and FHR?

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Silkweave

This is the only caster boot in my mind!

Maybe could get a gg crafted boot though
OP
Nate2.0 wrote: 3 months ago
Silkweave

Mana is not an issue for me...
But if was, It would be a good option 👍👍👍

Nate2.0 wrote: 3 months ago
Silkweave

Maybe could get a gg crafted boot though
A HIGHLY overlooked item.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Probably yellow
Boots

I take it you're not running ES. I'm curious why you think res on your
Boots
is not important given that I'm fairly confident that you could improve other gear if you didn't need res from it. The typical answer to this is tri-res with FRW. Sandstorm seems more useful for ES sorc given the poison res but it does have vit and strength which is useful.

If you truly have no need of res, you're looking for FRW, life, mana, str, and FHR.

Edit:

Pumping your res beyond max does have some utility when cursed at higher player counts.
departure wrote: 3 months ago
I'm fairly confident that you could improve other gear if you didn't need res from it.
This.

I'm curious to know what the rest of OPs gear build-out is. I've got an ES
Nova
Sorc and my res are no-where near max (20s-40s). I'm still searching for a pair of tri-res with poison res.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Knappogue wrote: 3 months ago
I'm fairly confident that you could improve other gear if you didn't need res from it.
This.

I'm curious to know what the rest of OPs gear build-out is. I've got an ES
Nova
Sorc and my res are no-where near max (20s-40s). I'm still searching for a pair of tri-res with poison res.
For ES it's probably mostly just poison you care about right? I know that other res kinda sorta maybe matters a little, but mostly it doesn't. 11% PR small charms are nice, and sandstorms are the obvious pick. I was kinda thinking if I could get my poison res up over a threshold and get my Cure out of ladder soon, I could switch over to silks.
OP
...I'm fairly confident that you could improve other gear if you didn't need res from it..
Kida could...
But I decided to go full Tal Rasha's Wrappings 🧐
Taking this in consideration:

With full set + Spirit Shield +
Annihilus
+
Hellfire Torch
, I have max Cod Resist and almost max Fire/Poison/Lightning Resist (even with
Crack of the Heavens
)

Some small charms with a little resist (and a usefull suffix) and Fire/Poison/Lightning are maxed too 😀😀

Rest of the equipmemt has no resist:

Magefist
(need for 105 FCR)
Stone of Jordan
(2) (+skill)
War Traveler
(which I'm using for MF, and considering if worth trade for another thing)

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/0m1zl0oo

fredkid wrote: 3 months ago
...I'm fairly confident that you could improve other gear if you didn't need res from it..
Kida could...
Taking this in consideration:

With full set + Spirit Shield +
Annihilus
+
Hellfire Torch
, I have max Cod Resist and almost max Fire/Poison/Lightning Resist (even with
Crack of the Heavens
)

One small charm with a little resist (and a usefull suffix) for each of Fire/Poison/Lightning and they are maxed too 😀😀

Rest of the equipmemt has no resist:

Magefist
(need for 105 FCR)
Stone of Jordan
(2) (+skill)
War Traveler
(which I'm using for MF, and considering if worth trade for another thing)

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/0m1zl0oo
The goal of this build is likely MF given the
Tal
's set. If you're not going ES, I'd think War Travs would be the
Boots
that make the most sense there.

Edit:
For what it's worth, there are more powerful builds in the game, and possibly faster farming builds. I personally have left a build that looks a lot like yours in favor of ES+
Nova
. But it's hard to beat the MF numbers. If you're farming an easy target (like P1 TZ Andy), this might be about as good as it gets (except fire might be a tick faster than lightning).
For ES it's probably mostly just poison you care about right? I know that other res kinda sorta maybe matters a little, but mostly it doesn't. 11% PR small charms are nice, and sandstorms are the obvious pick. I was kinda thinking if I could get my poison res up over a threshold and get my Cure out of ladder soon, I could switch over to silks.
Yea, using
Sandstorm Trek
now for the poison and FHR. I was lucky enough to get a Cure from @ShadowHeart, so poison doesn't really affect me all that much anyways. Well, nothing under P4 really affects me. The tri-res would be for P5 and above. That's when I start to feel the elemental dmg.

You'd switch to
Silkweave
? You're short on mana? I have zero mana problems (can
Nova
in perpetuity @ 125FCR). Is your merc running with Insight? What aura is your A2 merc using?

Kida could...
Ahh, that explains it!
You also have 20 less FCR needed, I overlooked that aspect originally (105FCR for Lightning vs 125FCR for
Nova
). That's why full
Tal
's is even viable. Otherwise, you'd have to replace the 2x SOJ with 2x 10FCR rings.

Yea, using
Sandstorm Trek
now for the poison and FHR. I was lucky enough to get a Cure from @ShadowHeart, so poison doesn't really affect me all that much anyways. Well, nothing under P4 really affects me. The tri-res would be for P5 and above. That's when I start to feel the elemental dmg.

You'd switch to
Silkweave
Nova
in perpetuity @ 125FCR). Is your merc running with Insight? What aura is your A2 merc using?
Nova
I'm not short on mana. I have a
Prayer
merc with lvl 17 Insight. My setup is basically:

Infinity (
Thresher
, I'm working on this)
Vipermagi
2/10 ammy
2 soj
arach
Magefist

Eth
treks

Mana is good. Life is good. Res is bad but whatever. She can do p8 fairly comfortably, but more mana is always better. I figure the treks are not really adding much if I can drop the
Thresher
for a
Scythe
and run Cure on the merc. It's tough for me to figure out where more mana is better vs. life. Usually my mana tanks before life gets destroyed. I'm not having the life bar run out while mana is still strong.

@knappogue. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's 105 for
Nova
and 117 for lit.
OP
Nova
and 117 for lit.
You are right.
Breakpoints for Lightning /
Chain Lightning
are 78 and 117

But 105 is usefful for me for
Teleport

OP
Nova
and 117 for lit.
You are right.
Breakpoints for Lightning /
Chain Lightning
are 78 and 117

But 105 is usefful for me for
Teleport
I'm almost sure that I tested on maxroll to replace my 2
Stone of Jordan
for FCR rings to reach 117 breakpoint on my build, but the damage end up lower 🤔🤔

Yea, using
Sandstorm Trek

You'd switch to
Silkweave
Nova
Nova
I'm not short on mana. I have a
Prayer
merc with lvl 17 Insight. My setup is basically:

Infinity (
Thresher
, I'm working on this)
Vipermagi
2/10 ammy
2 soj
arach
Magefist

Eth
treks

Mana is good. Life is good. Res is bad but whatever. She can do p8 fairly comfortably, but more mana is always better. I figure the treks are not really adding much if I can drop the
Thresher
for a
Scythe
and run Cure on the merc. It's tough for me to figure out where more mana is better vs. life. Usually my mana tanks before life gets destroyed. I'm not having the life bar run out while mana is still strong.

Nova
and 117 for lit.
You're 100% correct! 105 for
Nova
and 117 for light. I've been playing my hdin recently and had 125 FCR in my head. I have zero extra points placed in Vitality and everything into Energy. In all reality the only thing my sorc is scared of, even in P8, are the Dark Souls.
If your Merc uses Cure, Insight, and the
Prayer
aura all three of those Synergize and the mana regen is bonkers.

You shouldn't really see any life dropping at all, if you have ES and allocated your skill points effectively. The only time I notice my life decrease at all is when my mana is all gone.

We basically have the same equipment set up, except my merc is using Cure.

Stone of Jordan
for FCR rings to reach 117 breakpoint on my build, but the damage end up lower 🤔🤔
That's why full tals for anything other than a Blizzard sorc is tough. Did the DPS end up lower? or just the max lightning attack damage?

OP
Stone of Jordan
That's why full tals for anything other than a Blizzard sorc is tough. Did the DPS end up lower? or just the max lightning attack damage?
I was talking abou DPS, from what I remeber was close but lower with 127 FCR.
I will test again tomorrow to be sure (its impossible to edit maxroll planner on my cell 😓😓)

(damage per attack will sure be lower with 2 less skill levels 😉)

Stone of Jordan
I was talking abou DPS, from what I remeber was close but lower with 127 FCR.
I will test again tomorrow to be sure (its impossible to edit maxroll planner on my cell 😓😓)

(damage per attack will sure be lower with 2 less skill levels 😉)
AND the huge loss of mana that comes with the loss of 2 SOJs. You're probably better off keeping both SOJs. You're just going to struggle keeping ful
Tal
's with lightning. But I totally understand if you want a build that is different from the rest!

The only time I notice my life decrease at all is when my mana is all gone.
This is what leads me back to more mana rather than more res (even though my lit res is -43... omg).
I forgot griffons of course, but I assume that's true for you as well.
The only time I notice my life decrease at all is when my mana is all gone.
This is what leads me back to more mana rather than more res (even though my lit res is -43... omg).
I forgot griffons of course, but I assume that's true for you as well.
Yea, griffons. Oh wow yea. -43 light res? Mine is in the 30's or 40's. Granted I have a bunch of light res charms too.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...