Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
21 replies   2303 views

Description

Will Mosaic become available in non-ladder?
Asking because I have now two Mosaic
Claws
on that has 14 light, 11 cold and another one with 12 light and 8 cold - should I reroll them or will that always be possible is basicially my question I guess

Can be used to make Runewords:

xigua 63

Will Mosaic become available in non-ladder?
Asking because I have now two Mosaic
Claws
on that has 14 light, 11 cold and another one with 12 light and 8 cold - should I reroll them or will that always be possible is basicially my question I guess

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
tl;dr
Nobody knows yet. We won't know until there are actually some patch notes for the next season.

Long answer:
If previous seasons are anything to go by, they will only make the current ladder-only rune words (like Mosaic) available to make on non-ladder if they also add some new ladder-only rune words. The idea being that they always want some difference between ladder and non-ladder (an extra incentive to play ladder). Considering how little they have changed in the last couple of ladder seasons, the odds of them creating new ladder-only rune words is fairly low, I think. Unfortunately.

Season 1 (patch 2.4)
- new ladder-only rune words added: Flickering Flame, Mist, Obsession, Pattern, Plague, Unbending Will, Wisdom.

Season 2 (patch 2.5)
- no rune word related changes

Season 3 (patch 2.6)
- the season 1 (patch 2.4) ladder-only rune words became available on non-ladder (Flickering Flame, Mist, Obsession, etc).
- new ladder-only rune words added: Bulwark, Cure, Ground, Hearth, Hustle, Metamorphosis, Mosaic, Temper.

Season 4 (patch 2.7):

Season 5 (patch 2.8):

Season 6 (patch 2.9?):
- not announced yet

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP

xigua 63

i see - so I guess better try for a half-decent Mosaic then - thanks!
xigua wrote: 3 months ago
i see - so I guess better try for a half-decent Mosaic then - thanks!
Create a fresh one instead of re-roll and save the "bad ones" to sell for NL-only players after season end ;-)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 3 months ago
If previous seasons are anything to go by
Seeing how the actual 'rolled down' sample size is 1...they're not. :P

Blizz will do whatever the hell they feel like with no regard to what the playerbase would like to see. That's the only thing we actually know. RWs rolling into NL availability is hence completely unknown. Maybe. Maybe not. I dare say "more likely not" as "yes" would involve them actually putting in a minimum of active effort but that's about it. Noone knows.

If you're unhappy with the ones you got (not that you actually notice any difference with Mosaic), better off rerolling them now. Best case, you did it before you couldn't anymore. Worst case, you did what you were gonna do anyways, just earlier.

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 3 months ago
Seeing how the actual 'rolled down' sample size is 1...they're not. :P

Blizz will do whatever the hell they feel like with no regard to what the playerbase would like to see. That's the only thing we actually know. RWs rolling into NL availability is hence completely unknown. Maybe. Maybe not. I dare say "more likely not" as "yes" would involve them actually putting in a minimum of active effort but that's about it. Noone knows.
Fair enough :P

The sample size is quite small, but another thing to consider is that there’s “always” been a set of ladder-only rune words. Before D2R, Grief, Infinity and a bunch more were ladder-only as you know, and based on the D2R seasons so far it certainly seems like they want to always have a ladder-only set of rune words.

Either way it’s all just speculation in the end. No one knows yet, like I said in my tl;dr. :)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Aye. That's a natural outcome of "don't care, we got a new game for you to buy!" though, more so than in any way planned at that stage.

While the game is still actively supported/gets stuff added, it makes sense to have ladder exclusives to draw folks into ladder. Even more so nowadays since all of that streamer BS pretty much made the level competition a complete joke, really leaving ladder exclusives as the one and only reason for folks to bother.
Come new stuff being added, old stuff gets rolled down so as not to take anything from the new stuff.

Once the whole thing enters "we just don't give a damn" mode though (which happened disturbingly fast for D2:R..but hey..it is blizz...), nothing new will be added and the last set of ladder exclusives will most likely remain ladder-only forever as rolling them down would actually still take at least a minimum of active effort by blizz.

mhlg 840

Americas PC
As I see it the primary attribute on a Mosaic is the +50% finishing moves not consume charges, and the rest is just "frosting on the cake." My first roll wasn't anything special and the base was an ordinary 3os Greater Talon. My second attempt was a little better but in
Scissors Quhab
that also included a coupe of skills such as +3 to
Claws of Thunder
. In the end the only thing that matters is that you will leave Ladder with some new toys to play with. If you think it's something you would like to pursue further then there is always season 6 to get it right.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP

xigua 63

Rerolled one of them twice now and kept the other - have two runics with 3ps and then one has 1 cot the other 1 boi. Now both have decent Ice and light DMG and I will keep them like this. Super excited to try them tonight. Haven't really figured out yet if it even makes sense to mix cot and boi on top of Phoenix or if you want tiger or all of them?
Don;t know about y'all as it boils down to preference.

The rate that mobs just melt with dual mosaics is in seconds. If you are one acustomed to 1P it'll be like 200FCR
Nova
sorcs on Crack.
(with the added stress timer.)

When things get too easy..i just lose the motivation. (that's for me)

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
As I accept it op, my choice would be always getting side skills from staff mode. That's why my greater talon couple have
Fade
Shadow Master
and
Weapon Block
on them so I didn't spend points on them. Same applies for
Burst of Speed
. One has
Phoenix Strike
which is always nice addition but not completely necessary. If you don't find yourself, +3
Phoenix Strike
Claws
are inconveniently expensive and not really necessary.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
Off-topic but just imagine if they did something like this for new season to shuffle the cards, so old runewords can come to NL as a bonus:

Stopsuck
Hel
Pul
Cham
(helpful chump)
shields only

-20% req, 30% ED, Cannot be Frozen
Life replenish +15-25
Faster cast rate +25-35%
Fire Immunity is sundered
Cold Immunity is sundered
Lightning Immunity is sundered
+ X to Light/Fire/Cold Masteries
Lvl 5
Vigor
when equipped (
Iron Golem
)
Lvl 1
Conviction
when equipped (
Iron Golem
)
either Mana regeneration is stunted (-800% to counteract Insight) or - 500 Mana, so sorcs don't get any ideas. Not elegant but whatever.

And in addition swap
Charged Bolt
in favor of
Lightning Mastery
to make up for the synergy lost and higher chance to cast
Static Field

Bam, many options. People would flock to ladder too, to try out the all-new act3.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Make it equippable by hirelings only (i.e. Iron Wolves) and it'd be perfect. Otherwise it's power creep.

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
No one knows yet. If they add new runewords to the new ladder then yes Mosaic will come to non ladder, if they don't add any new runewords then no. At least that's how they handled it until now since the release of d2r. However I think they are too much focused on diablo 4, I don't think there will be many changes or new things coming to diablo 2 resurrected in the future, if you ask me then that was it with diabo 2 resurrected for blizzard.

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Rerolled one of them twice now and kept the other - have two runics with 3ps and then one has 1 cot the other 1 boi. Now both have decent Ice and light DMG and I will keep them like this. Super excited to try them tonight. Haven't really figured out yet if it even makes sense to mix cot and boi on top of Phoenix or if you want tiger or all of them?
COT is a
Phoenix Strike
synergy that adds 13% lightning damage per level so I should see some benefit from the +3 COT.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
mhlg wrote: 3 months ago
COT is a
Phoenix Strike
synergy that adds 13% lightning damage per level so I should see some benefit from the +3 COT.
You don't get a synergy bonus from item skills. Only from hard points. (Unless you're a summon druid that is)

That having been said, the whole point of Mosaic is that you can stack as much as you want as you never lose your charges. No real reason to limit yourself to only
Phoenix Strike
. More = more!

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 3 months ago
mhlg wrote: 3 months ago
COT is a
Phoenix Strike
You don't get a synergy bonus from item skills. Only from hard points. (Unless you're a summon druid that is)

That having been said, the whole point of Mosaic is that you can stack as much as you want as you never lose your charges. No real reason to limit yourself to only
Phoenix Strike
. More = more!
Good point! I've conflated skill stacking with oskill synergy stacking which is in error.

OP

xigua 63

okay - now i tried it and it is even more ridiculous as it looked like... you just punch someone with everything you got - hope Phoenix is 2 not 3 but honestly... who cares and then you
Teleport
from group to group and literally melt everything before it can react... in p8... no skill required - blows my mind - not even any fancy power gear - 2
Claws
and Enigma is enough.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
it is even more ridiculous as it looked like
I'm still not impressed.

-you still can get your ass whooped if you're not fast enough. unless you got good res.
-damage ain't that high yet with bosses???

-hard to navigate, and thus far only 1 Mosaic not 2.

perhaps my understanding on how to utilize this Mosaic is flawed :(
i read or misread, that you can like exponentially increase your damage with charges who get buffed more and more???? I think i just misread.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
rikus wrote: 3 months ago
I'm still not impressed.
thus far only 1 Mosaic not 2.
And that is why.

1 Mosaic doesn't help too much as charges still drop and you still have to expect them to and stick to old re-
Charge
rotations accordingly.
Mosaic is kind of an all or nothing approach. Get 2 or don't bother.

Once you get 2, you get your 100%, charges never drop and you can mindlessly plow through anything and everything after your first trash mob to
Charge
up on initially.

Survivability comes in the same go as you can just Dragon-flight into massive explosions (alongside stupidly high leech) and hence never die as pretty much nothing ever gets to touch you and if by some miracle something does, you're instantly back to full anyways.

(That's why Mosaic % got buffed after the PTR as it made it rather clear that "anything < 100% = waste")

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...