diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   1734 views

Heirloom – I hate the Sorceress – The push to Farming / TZs / Ubers

No data yet

Description

Teleport
Teleport
Teleport
... Rinse repeat. It is really a shame that the sorceresses early ladder experience is generally the superior method, depending on how you play, interact, or trade online. Boss killing early ladder is likely the most consistent stream of items that comes into the market; now, with
Terror
zones, farming has gotten a nice twist from the classic. Though it’s not the most consistent way to target farm items, bosses are.

Everyone’s playthrough is different, and this is meant to shed light on how I play the game and the reason I play the way I do. To me, the game breaks down into seven sections to the end-game. I’m going to go into detail about each section, as it’ll break down and explain the process.

- Class Breakdown: My various classes -

Amazon – Javazon / Multi-
Strafe

This is just such a fun class to play. It's one of the safest and easiest classes to clear and farm up to. Great for high-pop areas like cows or even mindlessly tossing or spraying through TZs.

Assassin – Trapsin / eventually Mosaic

My D2:LoD favourite, I cannot express how much joy this class has brought me over the years. I tend to dislike boss spamming, so TZs have been a welcome change, and with it has come more zone clearing, just the thing Trapsins like.

Barbarian – Pitzerker

I don’t really play a barb, but on my single player, I’m going to try this someday. Otherwise, I just play a support barb online, popping bodies in
Chaos Sanctuary
or W/E.

Druid – Windy / Bear or Wolf

I don’t tend to make these anymore, but I’m eventually going to test the
Werebear
/
Werewolf
build and maybe try Windy again. Windy in LoD was my go-to after Sin’s for like 2 ladders, then I met someone who taught me how to play a smiter for Ubers. It has become a staple of my lineup for early-ladder ubers ever since; generally, if the community is spawning Dclones, my smiter is ready by then.

Necromancer – Bone / Summon / Exploder

Another class I don’t really play but might test someday. When I did, it was a
Bone Spear
necro, though. I did see a corpse explode cow farmer, which was very fun to watch, but it did require a body, and then everything would drop. I think Bone summon hybrid might be worth it since Skele mastery is the main skill needing levels; most can be passed by 1 point with like +12 all skills in the end game. Time will tell how I test it out.

Paladin – Fire Aura paladin / Smiter / FoH

A lot, IMO the most versatile class. Oh man, is this my favourite class these days. I still love the sin, but my goodness, the Paladin is just so versatile!
Holy Fire
paladin / Healadin / FoH (Pure) / FoH (
Redemption
) / FoH +
Holy Fire
(My clown build) / Smiter / Hammerdin / Zealdin. I mean, the list goes on and on from viable to semi-viable to clown builds that shouldn’t work but do.

Sorceress – Blizzard / Lightning

I start fire and respec out to what I want, seeing as fire is super strong up until Act IV, but still doable, and then you just need to kill the first minion wave of Baals and you’re in the clear. Fire builds like
Blaze
and
Fire Wall
have been my go-to’s as of late because they can be ultra-safe HC builds IMO for getting to and starting to farm HeIl
Andariel
. It maxes
Warmth
with
Fire Wall
, which acts as a lesser
Energy Shield
synergy.

After maxing
Fire Wall
and
Warmth
and have about 5–10
Fire Mastery
, you can opt to max
Telekinesis
for a stronger
Energy Shield
. Having high levels of
Warmth
rushing through the game with an Insight is miles better than I can ever explain.
Teleport
feels a lot less like a burden, and I urge you to try fire this way someday, with nothing but a fresh journey

I’d look for a staff in Act II normal with +1-3
Energy Shield
and eventually get an orb with +1-3 with +lightning tree skills or a staff; an orb can be used with a shield. Another great option is to find a +1-3
Energy Shield
for Memory base. This saves 3–4, depending on how you look at it, points with a class able to max DPS and skill tree suitability with around 85 points. Putting it close to complete fairly early HeIl at around level 75–80.

I’ll have to do some digging, but HeIl
Andariel
is IIRC always on quest drop, making her one of the best early stage farms IMO before moving onto
Mephisto
or zone clearing. Fire allows you to farm her for entry ladder gear fairly safely and quickly. Once I have farmed a few nice pieces off her, I tend to swap over to Blizzard to finish out HeIl. Realistically, once you can place your five one-point wonders in the three trees and get 65ish points so like 60+, you can switch to Blizzard and still farm
Andariel
pretty easily, although with less survival.

- Stage one: Spirit weapon + Insight -

We’re going to truly start the journey from here. I don’t like to play non-ladder and tend to just delete and remake when a new ladder drops. At the start, I make a Paladin,
Holy Fire
through to HeIl, and then respec or transition into FoH +
Holy Fire
to avoid respecs; either way, it’ll be a smiter eventually. I’ll go ahead and create a sorc, sin, zon, and three mules (gems, runes, and random). As my characters progress, I’ll make other classes for farming breaks and a change of gameplay.

I like to make a low-level auradin power leveller running trists and tombs. After all my main characters are created, it’s time to journey through the game. Playthroughs differ based on who I’m playing with, but I still create the same classes, so solo playthroughs tend to be Pally into Sorc vs. Sorc first.

For solo, I like to clear through Act I and attempt to get 12+ by Act II, but while levelling my first one, I’ll also take a sorc through to collect any and all waypoints I see fit. This tends to be
Stony Field
Dark Wood
/ Cata 2
, and any that are easy to come by, like outer and inner or
Cold Plains
. Once I’ve completed Normal through Act I-V, it’s time to farm for Insight or Spirit. I like to farm in cows for a number of reasons, including density, zone level, common runes and gem drops (I save and trade the
Perfect Gems
), and common suitable weapon drops for both Insight and Spirit. I don’t just limit it to normal cows though; Nightmare Countess is also one I tend to farm for targeting runes I have not acquired.

Once I have either of those two completed, I make the switch to a sorc. After I’ve shopped a decent Leaf base of
Warmth
/
Blaze
/
Fire Wall
, optionally
Teleport
and/or
Frozen Armor
. I’ll then level either
Blaze
or
Fire Wall
and focus on a lot of points into
Warmth
, usually 10+ by 19 when Leaf is equipped. Then finish off normal and ready for nightmare with usually Spirit and Insight, alongside a Rhyme and usually Stealth. At this point, I tend to look for either more +skills or more MF, so I usually shop for
Boots
and gloves with high MF and either farm, gamble, or trade for something like a
Tarnhelm
or use Lore. I try to get 100 MF by Nightmare because NM Andy and Meph are actually really good early game droppers, much like in HeIl. Once I’m satisfied with my character progress and feel I’m ready to go off to HeIl, I’ll push through and usually respect to blizzard at 55+. Usually by Act V of nightmare, depending on how much I
Teleport
through.

Sticking with
Fire Wall
is also viable, as you can get 1 point of
Cold Mastery
and a max
Frozen Orb
going into HeIl. As mentioned earlier, with a max
Fire Wall
, 10+
Warmth
, 5
Fire Mastery
with a max
Frozen Orb
, and 1
Cold Mastery
, you can also use
Energy Shield
on your weapon switch without investing points into the skill itself. Since
Telekinesis
is better than raw levels for
Energy Shield
Warmth
also acts as a middle Ground, giving faster mana back to allow for some extra mitigation that
Telekinesis
would have offered.
You can also skip cold and go pure
Fire Wall
with max
Telekinesis
for more survival and be easily able to farm HeIl andy until you were ready to move past, in which case I’d recommend blizzard. This is what I’d recommend for HC trying to be greedy and pushing into hell without proper resists because of how
Energy Shield
works.

- Stage two: get to HeIl Andy -

Growing up, even with the
Andariel
quest bug, I disliked farming Andy
; idk, she just never felt super valuable. Boy was I wrong. Besides being one of the best SoJ droppers, she’s generally one of the safest things, IMO, to farm. Most Act I mobs are tuned down, with the exception of areas meant to be at a higher level, like the Pit. Not to say Misshappen don't go hard, but they’re generally the risk when farming
Andariel
Duriel
is without annoying mobs, but in a confined area with limited safety. Meph can be hit or miss since you CAN Gap him and range him, but his area can be tricky with the council members and various bloods. Lastly, Diablo and
Baal
are just time-consuming bosses; you can kill a lot more mephs and andys in the time it takes to kill a Diablo or
Baal
. But ANDY! She can be killed with a door closed, throwing blizzards beyond a wall for insane safety.

Now, mind you, you do have to leash her to the wall, but… I could also go on with a list of various items she can drop but won't; trust me, learn from me. Andy is hands down one of the best farms for early-ladder farms; don’t get me started on TZ Andy.

- Stage three: unlock
Terror
zones -

Get me started on TZ Andy! I think the only thing better than TZ farming is andy TZ farming. I mean, recently, from one kill at level 87, I got her to drop a spider and a visage. TZs are a fun bonus for a better late game, but pair it with the generally populated
Andariel
, and suddenly you’re multifarming on top of experience farming. Once my Sorceress has completed and unlocked TZs, I usually don’t worry about rushing my other classes since I can now make games when I want to farm on any that are able to.

Like in Hell Act I and
Blood Moor
is the TZ, I might take a HeIl-ready class like my Javazon and clear
Blood Moor
a bit for more Bers ;) and Shatter GCs. TZs are hit or miss for me early on. I tend to stick to
Ancient Tunnels
, stony tombs, Meph, Andy, and
Key
farming areas; otherwise, I’m farming Andy or Meph for smiter budget gear or trade value if online.

- Stage four: prep smiter -

I’ll then return back to my smiter, usually by about Days 3–5 of the Ladder, and start looking to either get a rush or speed clear myself. Either way, I push through to HeIl, likely this time around continuing to do a
Holy Fire
+
Resist Fire
max into
Holy Bolt
and FoH, since if you manage to get Explosive Arrow as a projectile shot like from
Raven Claw
or charges on either a weapon or gloves. FoH and That can clear what the other cannot, alongside your mercenary.

Once at Act V, I start gearing and completing missed quests for HP, skills, attributes, resists, etc. I may have missed rushing through. If I’m playing solo, I’ll opt to trade for a low 1-2 BO CTA, as a little goes a long way and it’s cheaper than playing an
Ohm
+
Mal
vs. a
Vex
, and getting
Vex
value is very easy.

I usually have about 40+
Perfect Gems
alone by this point; mind you, they’re harder to trade early on, but not impossible.

I’ve recently watched a smiter build running Lawbringer, and my goodness, if you meet the resists and defensives, which aren’t too hard to reach, you have a beefy DPS and defensive alternative that makes pretty good work of Ubers.

Some of the gear I tend to roughly have by this point is:

- On the sorc – Level 75-85

Lore /
Tarnhelm

Spirit /
The Oculus

Energy Shield
staff/orb on weapon switch
Rhyme / Spirit
Stealth /
Skin of the Vipermagi

Rare MF + Resist gloves /
Chance Guards

Rare
Belt
/
Goldwrap
(upped)
Rare MF + Resist
Boots
/ Sigon’s Sabot w/ 2 other pieces usually gloves and
Belt
for 50% MF
Rare MF + Resist/Attributes/HP/Mana/FCR (If needed) Ring /
Nagelring

Rare skill + MF/Resist/Attributes/HP/Mana/FCR (If needed) Neck

- On the Paladin – 70-80

Guillaume's Face
+
Um

Lawbringer in a
Phase Blade

Call To Arms + Spirit on weapon switch
Herald Of Zakarum
+
Um
(upped)
Treachery
Laying of Hands

Thundergod's Vigor

Gore Rider

Raven Frost
+ Resist + HP/Mana/Attributes /
Dwarf Star

Rare skill + MF/Resist/Attributes/HP/Mana/FCR (If needed) Neck /
Seraph's Hymn

And some charms to cover resists.

This is the setup I managed to build within about 2 weeks of playing single-player; most of it farmed off
Andariel
. :) If I could only have 2 classes, they’d be Sorceress and Paladin, Fast Farming and Easy Ubers.
I had used Metamorphosis before I managed a Gface drop, which is a great alternative if you're on single-player and managed a
Cham
but no gface.

Even if you buy a cheap CTA that isn't required, the total cost is around a
Lo
Early Ladder HoZ, Gface, and Gores can be pretty pricey. AFAIK + Demon damage scales with
Smite
making
Laying of Hands
and
Seraph's Hymn
strong on Ubers.

This is my ideal budget gear before chasing things like Grief, Chains of Honor, etc, etc.

With this version of a smiter, with a few gear modifications from myself, you find yourself maxing
Smite
/
Holy Shield
/
Prayer
and using a 1-point
Meditation
aura.
Prayer
synergies and allows
Meditation
to heal you a bit and give you mana sustain.
So any excess points can go where you please, making this a level 60-70 friendly build. The power of a
Phase Blade
’s attack frames. :)

Prayer
is cool in that all skill points contribute to it as a synergy,
so a 20 with +20 skills is essentially a level 40 synergy to
Meditation
aura or
Cleansing
aura
. Seraph’s Hymn is kind of a lot of + skills when it comes to that department and making
Meditation
aura even better.

- Stage five: Push Ubers -

You can go even more budget with items like Black/Sanctuary or Ancient’s Pledge or Spirit in elite high resist base/
Goblin Toe
/Smoke, realistically getting to a point where you have 75 all resists on HeIl and ideally 50+ in Lightning/Cold with like a level 20
Conviction
on you, -100 all.
Basically, at that point, your crushing blow and
Decrepify
, along with damage done to demons, will make quick work of Ubers.

After all is said and done, I’ll farm up the last required keys and start the great Ubers grinding process, killing off
Lilith
/
Uber Izual
/
Uber Duriel
and eventually the entire
Pandemonium Event
, taking out
Uber Mephisto
first.

- Stage six: prep alts -

Once I’m satisfied with my torches and sorc/pally progression, I’ll move on to the Amazon and Assassin, allowing me more diverse farming classes for the various TZs. Javazon is great for Cows, Flayer, Nihls Halls (certain mob comps),
Chaos Sanctuary
, and so much more, depending on your gear and charms.
Similarly, the trapsin tends to be decent at clearing out packed areas.

They give me a break from mindless teleporting. >.> Eventually, I’ll look forward to trying out the Mosaic build, but for now, my main goals for Ladders are getting a sorc and pally geared and setup to do Ubers. That is the end game to me in most cases, and in most cases, it’s done within two weeks from fresh ladders.

I hope this gives some Insight on how to approach the end game and some of the things you can expect from the end game, as vague as some parts may have been. Simplified, the game comes down to, for me anyways: Beat normal → Beat Nightmare → Farm until I can beat HeIl → push for Ubers → enjoy the game on other classes and farm for trade value or help other players. Enjoy the game and your farming, and remember, Ubers aren’t as bad as they seem; anyone can do it.
Description by Theoutrank

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teleport
Teleport
Teleport
... Rinse repeat. It is really a shame that the sorceresses early ladder experience is generally the superior method, depending on how you play, interact, or trade online. Boss killing early ladder is likely the most consistent stream of items that comes into the market; now, with
Terror
zones, farming has gotten a nice twist from the classic. Though it’s not the most consistent way to target farm items, bosses are.

Everyone’s playthrough is different, and this is meant to shed light on how I play the game and the reason I play the way I do. To me, the game breaks down into seven sections to the end-game. I’m going to go into detail about each section, as it’ll break down and explain the process.

- Class Breakdown: My various classes -

Amazon – Javazon / Multi-
Strafe

This is just such a fun class to play. It's one of the safest and easiest classes to clear and farm up to. Great for high-pop areas like cows or even mindlessly tossing or spraying through TZs.

Assassin – Trapsin / eventually Mosaic

My D2:LoD favourite, I cannot express how much joy this class has brought me over the years. I tend to dislike boss spamming, so TZs have been a welcome change, and with it has come more zone clearing, just the thing Trapsins like.

Barbarian – Pitzerker

I don’t really play a barb, but on my single player, I’m going to try this someday. Otherwise, I just play a support barb online, popping bodies in
Chaos Sanctuary
or W/E.

Druid – Windy / Bear or Wolf

I don’t tend to make these anymore, but I’m eventually going to test the
Werebear
/
Werewolf
build and maybe try Windy again. Windy in LoD was my go-to after Sin’s for like 2 ladders, then I met someone who taught me how to play a smiter for Ubers. It has become a staple of my lineup for early-ladder ubers ever since; generally, if the community is spawning Dclones, my smiter is ready by then.

Necromancer – Bone / Summon / Exploder

Another class I don’t really play but might test someday. When I did, it was a
Bone Spear
necro, though. I did see a corpse explode cow farmer, which was very fun to watch, but it did require a body, and then everything would drop. I think Bone summon hybrid might be worth it since Skele mastery is the main skill needing levels; most can be passed by 1 point with like +12 all skills in the end game. Time will tell how I test it out.

Paladin – Fire Aura paladin / Smiter / FoH

A lot, IMO the most versatile class. Oh man, is this my favourite class these days. I still love the sin, but my goodness, the Paladin is just so versatile!
Holy Fire
paladin / Healadin / FoH (Pure) / FoH (
Redemption
) / FoH +
Holy Fire
(My clown build) / Smiter / Hammerdin / Zealdin. I mean, the list goes on and on from viable to semi-viable to clown builds that shouldn’t work but do.

Sorceress – Blizzard / Lightning

I start fire and respec out to what I want, seeing as fire is super strong up until Act IV, but still doable, and then you just need to kill the first minion wave of Baals and you’re in the clear. Fire builds like
Blaze
and
Fire Wall
have been my go-to’s as of late because they can be ultra-safe HC builds IMO for getting to and starting to farm HeIl
Andariel
. It maxes
Warmth
with
Fire Wall
, which acts as a lesser
Energy Shield
synergy.

After maxing
Fire Wall
and
Warmth
and have about 5–10
Fire Mastery
, you can opt to max
Telekinesis
for a stronger
Energy Shield
. Having high levels of
Warmth
rushing through the game with an Insight is miles better than I can ever explain.
Teleport
feels a lot less like a burden, and I urge you to try fire this way someday, with nothing but a fresh journey

I’d look for a staff in Act II normal with +1-3
Energy Shield
and eventually get an orb with +1-3 with +lightning tree skills or a staff; an orb can be used with a shield. Another great option is to find a +1-3
Energy Shield
for Memory base. This saves 3–4, depending on how you look at it, points with a class able to max DPS and skill tree suitability with around 85 points. Putting it close to complete fairly early HeIl at around level 75–80.

I’ll have to do some digging, but HeIl
Andariel
is IIRC always on quest drop, making her one of the best early stage farms IMO before moving onto
Mephisto
or zone clearing. Fire allows you to farm her for entry ladder gear fairly safely and quickly. Once I have farmed a few nice pieces off her, I tend to swap over to Blizzard to finish out HeIl. Realistically, once you can place your five one-point wonders in the three trees and get 65ish points so like 60+, you can switch to Blizzard and still farm
Andariel
pretty easily, although with less survival.

- Stage one: Spirit weapon + Insight -

We’re going to truly start the journey from here. I don’t like to play non-ladder and tend to just delete and remake when a new ladder drops. At the start, I make a Paladin,
Holy Fire
through to HeIl, and then respec or transition into FoH +
Holy Fire
to avoid respecs; either way, it’ll be a smiter eventually. I’ll go ahead and create a sorc, sin, zon, and three mules (gems, runes, and random). As my characters progress, I’ll make other classes for farming breaks and a change of gameplay.

I like to make a low-level auradin power leveller running trists and tombs. After all my main characters are created, it’s time to journey through the game. Playthroughs differ based on who I’m playing with, but I still create the same classes, so solo playthroughs tend to be Pally into Sorc vs. Sorc first.

For solo, I like to clear through Act I and attempt to get 12+ by Act II, but while levelling my first one, I’ll also take a sorc through to collect any and all waypoints I see fit. This tends to be
Stony Field
Dark Wood
/ Cata 2
, and any that are easy to come by, like outer and inner or
Cold Plains
. Once I’ve completed Normal through Act I-V, it’s time to farm for Insight or Spirit. I like to farm in cows for a number of reasons, including density, zone level, common runes and gem drops (I save and trade the
Perfect Gems
), and common suitable weapon drops for both Insight and Spirit. I don’t just limit it to normal cows though; Nightmare Countess is also one I tend to farm for targeting runes I have not acquired.

Once I have either of those two completed, I make the switch to a sorc. After I’ve shopped a decent Leaf base of
Warmth
/
Blaze
/
Fire Wall
, optionally
Teleport
and/or
Frozen Armor
. I’ll then level either
Blaze
or
Fire Wall
and focus on a lot of points into
Warmth
, usually 10+ by 19 when Leaf is equipped. Then finish off normal and ready for nightmare with usually Spirit and Insight, alongside a Rhyme and usually Stealth. At this point, I tend to look for either more +skills or more MF, so I usually shop for
Boots
and gloves with high MF and either farm, gamble, or trade for something like a
Tarnhelm
or use Lore. I try to get 100 MF by Nightmare because NM Andy and Meph are actually really good early game droppers, much like in HeIl. Once I’m satisfied with my character progress and feel I’m ready to go off to HeIl, I’ll push through and usually respect to blizzard at 55+. Usually by Act V of nightmare, depending on how much I
Teleport
through.

Sticking with
Fire Wall
is also viable, as you can get 1 point of
Cold Mastery
and a max
Frozen Orb
going into HeIl. As mentioned earlier, with a max
Fire Wall
, 10+
Warmth
, 5
Fire Mastery
with a max
Frozen Orb
, and 1
Cold Mastery
, you can also use
Energy Shield
on your weapon switch without investing points into the skill itself. Since
Telekinesis
is better than raw levels for
Energy Shield
Warmth
also acts as a middle Ground, giving faster mana back to allow for some extra mitigation that
Telekinesis
would have offered.
You can also skip cold and go pure
Fire Wall
with max
Telekinesis
for more survival and be easily able to farm HeIl andy until you were ready to move past, in which case I’d recommend blizzard. This is what I’d recommend for HC trying to be greedy and pushing into hell without proper resists because of how
Energy Shield
works.

- Stage two: get to HeIl Andy -

Growing up, even with the
Andariel
quest bug, I disliked farming Andy
; idk, she just never felt super valuable. Boy was I wrong. Besides being one of the best SoJ droppers, she’s generally one of the safest things, IMO, to farm. Most Act I mobs are tuned down, with the exception of areas meant to be at a higher level, like the Pit. Not to say Misshappen don't go hard, but they’re generally the risk when farming
Andariel
Duriel
is without annoying mobs, but in a confined area with limited safety. Meph can be hit or miss since you CAN Gap him and range him, but his area can be tricky with the council members and various bloods. Lastly, Diablo and
Baal
are just time-consuming bosses; you can kill a lot more mephs and andys in the time it takes to kill a Diablo or
Baal
. But ANDY! She can be killed with a door closed, throwing blizzards beyond a wall for insane safety.

Now, mind you, you do have to leash her to the wall, but… I could also go on with a list of various items she can drop but won't; trust me, learn from me. Andy is hands down one of the best farms for early-ladder farms; don’t get me started on TZ Andy.

- Stage three: unlock
Terror
zones -

Get me started on TZ Andy! I think the only thing better than TZ farming is andy TZ farming. I mean, recently, from one kill at level 87, I got her to drop a spider and a visage. TZs are a fun bonus for a better late game, but pair it with the generally populated
Andariel
, and suddenly you’re multifarming on top of experience farming. Once my Sorceress has completed and unlocked TZs, I usually don’t worry about rushing my other classes since I can now make games when I want to farm on any that are able to.

Like in Hell Act I and
Blood Moor
is the TZ, I might take a HeIl-ready class like my Javazon and clear
Blood Moor
a bit for more Bers ;) and Shatter GCs. TZs are hit or miss for me early on. I tend to stick to
Ancient Tunnels
, stony tombs, Meph, Andy, and
Key
farming areas; otherwise, I’m farming Andy or Meph for smiter budget gear or trade value if online.

- Stage four: prep smiter -

I’ll then return back to my smiter, usually by about Days 3–5 of the Ladder, and start looking to either get a rush or speed clear myself. Either way, I push through to HeIl, likely this time around continuing to do a
Holy Fire
+
Resist Fire
max into
Holy Bolt
and FoH, since if you manage to get Explosive Arrow as a projectile shot like from
Raven Claw
or charges on either a weapon or gloves. FoH and That can clear what the other cannot, alongside your mercenary.

Once at Act V, I start gearing and completing missed quests for HP, skills, attributes, resists, etc. I may have missed rushing through. If I’m playing solo, I’ll opt to trade for a low 1-2 BO CTA, as a little goes a long way and it’s cheaper than playing an
Ohm
+
Mal
vs. a
Vex
, and getting
Vex
value is very easy.

I usually have about 40+
Perfect Gems
alone by this point; mind you, they’re harder to trade early on, but not impossible.

I’ve recently watched a smiter build running Lawbringer, and my goodness, if you meet the resists and defensives, which aren’t too hard to reach, you have a beefy DPS and defensive alternative that makes pretty good work of Ubers.

Some of the gear I tend to roughly have by this point is:

- On the sorc – Level 75-85

Lore /
Tarnhelm

Spirit /
The Oculus

Energy Shield
staff/orb on weapon switch
Rhyme / Spirit
Stealth /
Skin of the Vipermagi

Rare MF + Resist gloves /
Chance Guards

Rare
Belt
/
Goldwrap
(upped)
Rare MF + Resist
Boots
/ Sigon’s Sabot w/ 2 other pieces usually gloves and
Belt
for 50% MF
Rare MF + Resist/Attributes/HP/Mana/FCR (If needed) Ring /
Nagelring

Rare skill + MF/Resist/Attributes/HP/Mana/FCR (If needed) Neck

- On the Paladin – 70-80

Guillaume's Face
+
Um

Lawbringer in a
Phase Blade

Call To Arms + Spirit on weapon switch
Herald Of Zakarum
+
Um
(upped)
Treachery
Laying of Hands

Thundergod's Vigor

Gore Rider

Raven Frost
+ Resist + HP/Mana/Attributes /
Dwarf Star

Rare skill + MF/Resist/Attributes/HP/Mana/FCR (If needed) Neck /
Seraph's Hymn

And some charms to cover resists.

This is the setup I managed to build within about 2 weeks of playing single-player; most of it farmed off
Andariel
. :) If I could only have 2 classes, they’d be Sorceress and Paladin, Fast Farming and Easy Ubers.
I had used Metamorphosis before I managed a Gface drop, which is a great alternative if you're on single-player and managed a
Cham
but no gface.

Even if you buy a cheap CTA that isn't required, the total cost is around a
Lo
Early Ladder HoZ, Gface, and Gores can be pretty pricey. AFAIK + Demon damage scales with
Smite
making
Laying of Hands
and
Seraph's Hymn
strong on Ubers.

This is my ideal budget gear before chasing things like Grief, Chains of Honor, etc, etc.

With this version of a smiter, with a few gear modifications from myself, you find yourself maxing
Smite
/
Holy Shield
/
Prayer
and using a 1-point
Meditation
aura.
Prayer
synergies and allows
Meditation
to heal you a bit and give you mana sustain.
So any excess points can go where you please, making this a level 60-70 friendly build. The power of a
Phase Blade
’s attack frames. :)

Prayer
is cool in that all skill points contribute to it as a synergy,
so a 20 with +20 skills is essentially a level 40 synergy to
Meditation
aura or
Cleansing
aura
. Seraph’s Hymn is kind of a lot of + skills when it comes to that department and making
Meditation
aura even better.

- Stage five: Push Ubers -

You can go even more budget with items like Black/Sanctuary or Ancient’s Pledge or Spirit in elite high resist base/
Goblin Toe
/Smoke, realistically getting to a point where you have 75 all resists on HeIl and ideally 50+ in Lightning/Cold with like a level 20
Conviction
on you, -100 all.
Basically, at that point, your crushing blow and
Decrepify
, along with damage done to demons, will make quick work of Ubers.

After all is said and done, I’ll farm up the last required keys and start the great Ubers grinding process, killing off
Lilith
/
Uber Izual
/
Uber Duriel
and eventually the entire
Pandemonium Event
, taking out
Uber Mephisto
first.

- Stage six: prep alts -

Once I’m satisfied with my torches and sorc/pally progression, I’ll move on to the Amazon and Assassin, allowing me more diverse farming classes for the various TZs. Javazon is great for Cows, Flayer, Nihls Halls (certain mob comps),
Chaos Sanctuary
, and so much more, depending on your gear and charms.
Similarly, the trapsin tends to be decent at clearing out packed areas.

They give me a break from mindless teleporting. >.> Eventually, I’ll look forward to trying out the Mosaic build, but for now, my main goals for Ladders are getting a sorc and pally geared and setup to do Ubers. That is the end game to me in most cases, and in most cases, it’s done within two weeks from fresh ladders.

I hope this gives some Insight on how to approach the end game and some of the things you can expect from the end game, as vague as some parts may have been. Simplified, the game comes down to, for me anyways: Beat normal → Beat Nightmare → Farm until I can beat HeIl → push for Ubers → enjoy the game on other classes and farm for trade value or help other players. Enjoy the game and your farming, and remember, Ubers aren’t as bad as they seem; anyone can do it.

Time i'm most active 03:00am - 06:00am UTC on occasions 02:00pm-07:00pm
OP
Reddit user - Abrin36 Brings up a good point for
Conviction
and that is:

MAX
Conviction
. Ok, I've even seen pro players like jymnasium do
Salvation
aura instead of
Conviction
. I'm going to assume that he's up to some high-stakes speed run logic. So here's a little review, maybe many of you know this but here comes some Wisdom because that's what we're doing here: If your
Conviction
aura is higher than
Mephisto
's
Conviction
Aura (20), his aura has no effect on you. Oh, but I hear you saying that it doesn't matter because you can over-stack resistances with
Salvation
aura. Nope, not only is that a net negative on the resistances front. There are also other effects of the
Conviction
aura that no one seems to take into account NANI?!.

Many people don't realize that
Conviction
Aura lowers defense because they only care and understand about how it breaks resistances. You shouldn't care about lowering
Mephisto
's defense because you're using
Smite
(or maybe you're learning new uses for
Zeal
*wink). People care very much about their own defense though We go to the trouble to achieve max block and care about
Defiance
aura (if we have Exile). So that all goes out the window if you are suffering the effects of
Mephisto
's
Conviction
aura which you don't have to at all. So instead of overstacking resistances and letting
Mephisto
dump your defense by 90%, trumping his
Conviction
aura so that it has no effect should be a no-brainer. For folks who actually read and understand the mechanics, why would you care about your defense at all if you're going to give up 90% of it?
Salvation
aura is going to give you +108 resistances.
Mephisto
is going to lower them -150% MATH TIME

Stacking: 108-150 = -42 all res and 90% of your defense rating lost.

Trumping: 150-150 = 0 and you keep all of your defense and you do 150% more elemental damage to
Mephisto
if you have any. That might seem insignificant amount of damage but it can help polish off the kill when he's down to a sliver of life. (note: Venom (poison) is not aided by
Conviction
).

Time i'm most active 03:00am - 06:00am UTC on occasions 02:00pm-07:00pm

Necrarch 1616Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Max
Conviction
for Pally is fine against Meph indeed but...
- if you don't care about your merc (you'll cancel meph aura on.yourself, not on your buddy) or leave hime dead for
Uber Tristram
- if you play alone (same reasoning, your teammates will suffer).
If you're in a party or need your merc, use
Salvation
as a simple 1 point Wonder.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Another option early in a season is to make a
Nova
sorc and farm Countess. While she drops some runes which can be helpful the main thing I go after is Keys, which can sell for a good value early season which in turn can be used to fund your other characters.

If I am not responding add me on Bnet and drop me a message!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...