Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1661 views

Description

Would like to build a Fortitude for myself - so not merc. I have a 6ed 0/4
Archon Plate
somewhere - would that be a good base or is that another case where you rather want a high base def non-sup plate or rather try to find a closer to 15ed plate - or is AP a bad base in general?

While we are at it - also want to build a Phoenix - have a sup
Monarch
with 10ed - basically the same question.
Description by xigua

Can be used to make Runewords:

xigua 63

Would like to build a Fortitude for myself - so not merc. I have a 6ed 0/4
Archon Plate
somewhere - would that be a good base or is that another case where you rather want a high base def non-sup plate or rather try to find a closer to 15ed plate - or is AP a bad base in general?

While we are at it - also want to build a Phoenix - have a sup
Monarch
with 10ed - basically the same question.

Schnorki 3211Moderator

PC
AP is a baller base for just about anything. All my non-merc forts are APs (and most of the merc ones actually). As are my enigmas. And really just about any armor RW ever, excluding only those cases where I actively do not want a light armor (move speed isn't always a good thing).

Solid def, comparatively low str req for an elite armor and still light. Win, win and another win. Also, best look on many classes (aye..subjective AF that one).

Worrying about superior ED is highly overrated imo, unless of course you insist on a perfect 15/15 just out of Principle. :)
OP

xigua 63

okay - thanks ~ no not really - I am just always afraid that I build something and similar to new cars after placing the last rune it's worth half the invest or something. For superior was just repair cost a concern - but not sure how much that really is - rather 200k or 2M (which would be annoying)
For non-
Eth
armors I personally always go with aesthetics over logic.

For example my Dream pally wears one in a
Kraken Shell
cuz I hate the skirts that AP has. Yes, it has a massively higher strength requirement, but I love the dark look and hes also a Grief wearing
Zeal
combo - so the extra strength is not "entirely" wasted.

Come to think of it I actually hate how AP/MP looks on all characters apart from Necromancer. Like Schnorki said Subjective AF :)

Troll offers will get Troll responses!
xigua wrote: 4 months ago
okay - thanks ~ no not really - I am just always afraid that I build something and similar to new cars after placing the last rune it's worth half the invest or something. For superior was just repair cost a concern - but not sure how much that really is - rather 200k or 2M (which would be annoying)
I have a 15ED
Dusk Shroud
Fortitude.
Each durability cost 63744 golds if you want a number.

Relax and have fun!
OP

xigua 63

holy moly - okay - so I guess collect some
runes. Fortitude also seems to be one of those where you need to be lucky regarding the life per level.

Schnorki 3211Moderator

PC
Keep in mind you're really getting into "unnecessary overkill min/max territory" there.

If your gear is nearing completion and resembles Fortitude or comparable in terms of overall quality, odds are you won't ever notice the difference between a min and a max roll on life per level because either one is more than you'll need.

Similar to how chokapyy above probably (educated guess) never really found himself in a situation where his choice of a
Kraken Shell
(and hence str over vit) made him really miss that bit of extra life. :)

Going for max for the sake of going for max, yes. But "gotta go for max roll cuz I'll really notice the difference and need it!" typically doesn't apply in any noticeable way at high-end levels of gear (similar to how superior/ED won't make any noticeable difference, other than your gold farming needs).
[Exceptions apply for high-lvl PvP I suppose and for rolls determining actual breakpoints (FCR, IAS, ..)]
OP

xigua 63

nagut - dann hab ich mut und bau das einfach
Mal
in die sup
Archon Plate
Exactly - never missed the points into vitality, however I must pat myself on the back cuz it rolled perfect 1.5 life and 30 res.

My Dream
Helm
and shield also rolled godly on both FHR and All Res so was well worth the choice of a badass look over being smart :P

Troll offers will get Troll responses!
OP

xigua 63

actually found a regular
Archon Plate
in stash - ended up with 29 all res, 1563 def and 1.375 life / level - so I think it turned out well :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...