Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1472 views

Description

Hello,

I recently lost my 85 sorc to CE.

Quite frustrating because I had Lawbringer as a weapon to have slain monsters rest in Peace. I am unsure how he was able to CE me when I had that as my weapon.

Has anyone else has this strategy just not work for them? Or is it 100% because my stupid merc killed a couple of them.

I was tanked pretty well to take some damage but it was boom boom back to back that ended me.

Trying to farm some keys for Uber attempts.

I had good end game gear, and if I go for the next round of pain, obviously killing the merc off before trying again. Or am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello,

I recently lost my 85 sorc to CE.

Quite frustrating because I had Lawbringer as a weapon to have slain monsters rest in Peace. I am unsure how he was able to CE me when I had that as my weapon.

Has anyone else has this strategy just not work for them? Or is it 100% because my stupid merc killed a couple of them.

I was tanked pretty well to take some damage but it was boom boom back to back that ended me.

Trying to farm some keys for Uber attempts.

I had good end game gear, and if I go for the next round of pain, obviously killing the merc off before trying again. Or am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance.
Perhaps using a
Nature's Peace
ring would be more effective. Just remember, if you use a merc (a non-5th act one that could wield a Lawbringer), whatever s/he kills won't RIP.
OP
Well natures Peace has the exact same mod as the Lawbringer rune word. I’m just going to kill off my merc when doing these.
For using a Lawbringer you'd have to get close and personal with your sorc, which imho is not ideal for this character. I'd opt for using hydras, which is much safer. My personal preference for farming
Nihlathak
is using either a
Frenzy
barb or
Strafe
bowazon for safety and speed. The latter kills everything around so fast, that presence of a charging merc is irrelevant. Yes, I've got a
Nature's Peace
on her specifically for that area.
I'm not sure if the 'slain monsters rest in Peace' mod of Lawbringer works for casters, or only if the killing blow comes from the sword.
I'm going to test that on sc.

Similar question with the hydras. 'slain monsters rest in Peace' shouldn't work for summons if i'm right. So stay nevertheless far enough away.

If you need your merc for Insight, you could make one in a normal base weapon to
Weaken
him.

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Slain Monsters rest in Peace only works for kills made by the wielder. If your merc makes the kill then they're still shrapnel for
Nihlathak

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

TheDoo 214

Europe PC
You can also kill him off-screen if you want to be super safe with a pinch of slowing down. Cold Sorc this does the best but I guess Fire one spamming Fire Ball can work too.

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
Best option is your char have
Nature's Peace
ring and your merc have
Tyrael's Might
OP
So I had Lawbringer equipped and the entire path to
Nihlathak
I heard the
Redemption
sound effect when killing the mobs.

I think it’s my merc that f#%!ed it all up.
OP
Flyhorse wrote: 4 months ago
Best option is your char have
Nature's Peace
ring and your merc have
Tyrael's Might
SSF no tyraels. Probably will die before I ever find that.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...