Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   2907 views

Am I under the right impression that a glorious axe (non-eth) is entirely useless?

No data yet

Description

Found a superior perfect one with 15ed so I cannot even do lucky sock draw - I found that the 6 socket runewords either require ethereal weapons or are put in phase blades (Last Wish).

By the way - why would I build Last Wish? Is that a smiter weapon? Didn't really understood the strength of that one.

Can be used to make Runewords:

xigua 63

Found a superior perfect one with 15ed so I cannot even do lucky sock draw - I found that the 6 socket runewords either require ethereal weapons or are put in phase blades (Last Wish).

By the way - why would I build Last Wish? Is that a smiter weapon? Didn't really understood the strength of that one.
Fade
Life Tap
and crushing blow, that word makes uber runs a joke. And yes it is the only thing to do with that
Axe
, given you have a 2 handed wielder for that (shapeshifring druid i d say). It is quite a niche item, and it will be slow.
For a pure smiter you want to use a
Phase Blade
, or a zerker
Axe
if you want to
Zeal
too, or in general if you need a bit of standard phys damage

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
OP

xigua 63

a - so theoretically there is a Fury wolf that could make use of this for ubers?
xigua wrote: 4 months ago
a - so theoretically there is a Fury wolf that could make use of this for ubers?
I believe it could work. But one can't ignore the difference between
Eth
and noneth items, especially that high level damage output is considered. That's why you want at the least
Eth
version of this with 5/6 os so you can roll Death or EBotD for Fury druid.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
It is the only 2 hander that i can think of, but it would be a purely uber weapon since it lacks pure damage compared to other options (Death, botd and such) and those
Fade
and crushing blow and
Life Tap
are not that useful for normal pvm. And it will be slow, you have to really equip some ias equip and keep the buff from Metamorphosis on to reach nice attack speed.
Very very niche use for your
Axe
, and personally i wouldn t go for that base anyway, i d rather use a
Thunder Maul
probably

Sweet Lovely Death
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
OP

xigua 63

ah - so not really best in slot for anything - thanks - that helps actually - was almost thinking about saving up for JAHs
Well, it could be the best base for a 2 hand Last Wish, it comes down to your preference after all. It s good, but it is very very niche. It can be the best base for ubers to give to a char which is not the best in uber killing, but it can be fun anyway. For ubers it could be worth to prebuff with every item that could give some useful ones (Metamorphosis, Hustle, not Treachery cuz you get
Fade
from Last Wish) to bypass the low attack speed and then go to
Tristram
to smash everything

Sweet Lovely Death
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation